(Stock) Honda CRZ Championship S2 - DannyB013 is the champion!Finished 

Provisional Results from Laguna Seca, Rounds 13, 14 & 15. As per usual, all results are provisional until anyand all stewarding has been completed.

Qualifying:
P_Aug17_213938.jpg

Race 1:
P_Aug17_213947.jpg

Race 2:
P_Aug17_220444.jpg

Race 3:
P_Aug17_223037.jpg

So, first off everyone wants to see the POINTS

So who needs to do what?; (I'll type in order of their chances, with lowest first)

Qualifying
DannyB013 - Must take pole position and true finish no higher than 6th
NinjitsuEvolved - If 2nd: Danny no higher than 3rd - True no higher than 7th
If 1st: True no higher than 4th
True-blue-8 - A position higher than stated above. A 3rd place will guarantee the championship.

Drivers
A 4 way battle for the championship!
TNR_FILO - Requires 79pts
DeltaJulietMike - Requires 77pts

Filo and mike have a good chance of winning, however unless both true and danny have bad luck then they may be out of the fight by race 3
For every point over 60 danny scores, filo and mike need to score one more than stated above.

True must score 62 points, but an additional point for every point over 60 danny scores. The same applys to filo and mike for every point over 62 true scores if danny fails to scoreat least 60 points.

So overall the qualifying battle is far from over. True has a comfortable lead, however it can easily be lost at willow if danny and ninj get onto pole.
Driver battle wise filo and mike stand a good chance, however as long as either true or danny keep their heads down then it will be a bit harder. Apart from that it looks game set and match to true and danny who are both on basic equal pegging.

This is going to be superb! My night review coming soon :cheers:

Race Report

Qualifying was a bit strange. Got the results needed although it could have been better. I lifted off my first lap slightly, and on the second (my pole lap) it flashing half a second down in each sector despite not having made a mistake. So I didn't push at the end to conserve energy for one more lap and set a 36.0 (I think it was) but I wonder what it could have been when pushing. On the final lap I practiced my pit entry and it turns out Danny's lap then was .x1 slower, and he would have beaten me if I stayed out and pulled him across the line :lol: not sure how though, he didn't close the gap on me or anything, I assumed my lap was slow but perhaps it wasn't.

Race 1 was needed that's all i'll say lol. Managed to pull out a lead of a second or so, then would make a silly mistake and get caught again. I saw mike was really quick and it was only a matter of time before he had us, so I pitted early to try stay in front and keep a gap. Came out the pits with a 4 second gap, but only then did I find my rhythm setting a 35.7 or 8 every lap to maintain the lap, but a good chase from mike keeping me honest.

Race 2 was pretty poor. I came from the back of the grid and pressured other drivers into running wide, where I then got the cutback and took the place. Despite the idiotic behaviour I don't think I touched anyone at all, even a small bump. However...
I was on a charge to catch the top 4 and got hit off a few times by ben who pushed mike into me, and even when I was sat behind saw him punting him. Then on the final lap he left absolutely no space, turned into me and took ninja out at the same time.

Race 3 as we approached the corkscrew ben then went off track and was all over the place. Yes I hit him afterwards. As I said to you before the race, if you are going to be rude and disrespectful to others then don't moan when it is given back to you. You were out of control and I wasn't giving you the same respect nor space. You got yourself into that mess, get yourself out of it as im done with people ruining the racing. The invite for CRZ will be withdrawn as I've had a a lot of complaints about you and some people have asked me to drop the banhammer so you don't cause problems at willow, which I have no choice but to do now.
Apart from that the rest of the race was disappointing. Ash did a great job defending, was a matter of time before I had him and took an easy 3rd, unfortunately a back marker decided to weave everywhere :/ a great drag race out of the final turn though.

Shout out to @Ives40 again, always improving and for moving out of the way of the championship leaders. Wasn't necessary but just shows if everyone had that attitude there wouldn't be many issues.
@Draggon again some brilliant defensive driving, great car positioning and for once i'm happy when I get knocked down into the mid pack. 👍
Shame @TNR_KING_FILO couldnt make it. If you cant attend next week mate let us know.
Also nice to see @DR_ingo5 back again :)

A few bumps and scrapes, but its a great standard, and seeing as this is the base for GTTCC8 it's looking amazing at the moment.
But it's game on for @DannyB013 and I :mischievous:

Great job all :cheers:

As I said in the chat after the race, when you admitted deliberately ramming me off at Corkscrew because you were enacting some imaginary vendetta and wanted to win at all costs, you've completely lost the plot.

Anyone who watches the replays can see your incident reports contain lies. I'm not going to reply with "6 pages of crap" in your words as you've already done so. It's clear you are hosting to win your own events nowadays, just like so many trolls in the GT6 community.

Who stewards incidents involving true-blue-8 anyway? Himself? Now that my PC is working again I could report them properly.

@Draggon again some brilliant defensive driving, great car positioning and for once i'm happy when I get knocked down into the mid pack. 👍

A few bumps and scrapes, but its a great standard, and seeing as this is the base for GTTCC8 it's looking amazing at the moment.

Great job all :cheers:

@True-blue-8 you were running laps a second or two faster than me, and when I saw you in my mirror I knew the only chance I had was to hold my line steady. The last lap was really exciting from the corkscrew on, but there was no way I thought I'd beat you and @NinjaEvo to the line. Great racing with you!

@True-blue-8 you were running laps a second or two faster than me, and when I saw you in my mirror I knew the only chance I had was to hold my line steady. The last lap was really exciting from the corkscrew on, but there was no way I thought I'd beat you and @NinjaEvo to the line. Great racing with you!
I as on a charge massively in all the races mate, was in a rhythm. I think you ran wide slightly coming out of the penultimate corner. Was a great drag to the line and I expected to lose to both of you :lol: :cheers:

Race day! And it's finals day!

@DannyB013 @DeltaJuliet @TNR_KING_FILO @NinjaEvo If you guys are unable to make it please let me know ASAP.

I'm really looking forward to tonight. Most of my time has gone into setting up and running events so I've never taken trying to win championships seriously. I'm more like plato, just focus on race wins (which never come) :P But it's nice to be able to have some fair, clean driving so I can try push myself. Never been in this good a situation before so i'll probably throw it away :lol:

First I just need to focus on a top 3 in qualifying so I can wrap up the qualifying title. The races go as they go, cant do anything about it but just see what happens, although i' looking forward to a great battle with danny :cheers:

Only thing asked is can everyone try give a bit more racing room than normal and not squeeze excessively, as some people have voiced concerns about the dirt at the track and getting caught 👍

Race day! And it's finals day!

@DannyB013 @DeltaJuliet @TNR_KING_FILO @NinjaEvo If you guys are unable to make it please let me know ASAP.

I'm really looking forward to tonight. Most of my time has gone into setting up and running events so I've never taken trying to win championships seriously. I'm more like plato, just focus on race wins (which never come) :P But it's nice to be able to have some fair, clean driving so I can try push myself. Never been in this good a situation before so i'll probably throw it away :lol:

First I just need to focus on a top 3 in qualifying so I can wrap up the qualifying title. The races go as they go, cant do anything about it but just see what happens, although i' looking forward to a great battle with danny :cheers:

Only thing asked is can everyone try give a bit more racing room than normal and not squeeze excessively, as some people have voiced concerns about the dirt at the track and getting caught 👍

I'm in, no worries here. Also a practice lobby up in the club at the moment. There was one open 15 minutes ago but then my electric dies, finally back open after waiting for PS3 to do its thing on boot.

EDIT: Do we have race distances please? @True-blue-8

Last edited:
I'm in, no worries here. Also a practice lobby up in the club at the moment. There was one open 15 minutes ago but then my electric dies, finally back open after waiting for PS3 to do its thing on boot.

EDIT: Do we have race distances please? @True-blue-8
I haven't been on tbh sorry mate :( what lap times are being done? I know your maths are great anyway lol so whatever you think it is, it probably is ;)

I haven't been on tbh sorry mate :( what lap times are being done? I know your maths are great anyway lol so whatever you think it is, it probably is ;)

Race pace is 1:26s @ Full Power, add .5 for no battery, might be able to go quicker but only done 2 10 lap runs atm. I'd say 14 laps for Race 1, 7 for 2 & 3. Could go higher if you wanted to though.

Provisional Results from Big Willow, Rounds 16, 17 & 18. All results are provisional until any and all stewarding has been completed.

Qualifying:
P_Aug24_213958.jpg

Race 1:
P_Aug24_214008.jpg

Race 2:
P_Aug24_215930.jpg

Race 3:
P_Aug24_221748.jpg

Being honest Qualifying was my focus tonight and I threw everything I had at stealing that Qualifying trophy. Ended up dropping from 2nd to 3rd in the standings by 2pts, or in other measurements 82 thousandths of a second...

I am speechless.

Drops are always difficult to work out in the heat of the moment, and after getting all results and sitting down and doing the maths....

I finished 2 points off Danny. So that last lap in race 3 cost me the championship................. :(

I am speechless.

Drops are always difficult to work out in the heat of the moment, and after getting all results and sitting down and doing the maths....

I finished 2 points off Danny. So that last lap in race 3 cost me the championship................. :(

What happened? Did you outbrake yourself? I tried watching but you're lagging like mad on my replay. It looks like you're locked up on my screen.

What happened? Did you outbrake yourself? I tried watching but you're lagging like mad on my replay. It looks like you're locked up on my screen.
Yeah the car locked up in the braking zone and jumped forwards. The last 3 laps or so I wasn't pushing. I had done all I needed to, but so had danny so I just cruised around to bring it home. Didn't brake late going into the chicane and the car just halted then lunged forwards, braked hard which in real speed would have made me stop completely but the car just drifted away. Probably similar to what happened to you race 2.

I didn't bother pushing as I thought that was it, even with a win I would be 2 points off or something, but obviously I add an extra point on as race wins can come into effect.

Yeah the car locked up in the braking zone and jumped forwards. The last 3 laps or so I wasn't pushing. I had done all I needed to, but so had danny so I just cruised around to bring it home. Didn't brake late going into the chicane and the car just halted then lunged forwards, braked hard which in real speed would have made me stop completely but the car just drifted away. Probably similar to what happened to you race 2.

I didn't bother pushing as I thought that was it, even with a win I would be 2 points off or something, but obviously I add an extra point on as race wins can come into effect.

No way, unlucky mate. At least you won the Qualifying cup. :cheers:

Still, congratulations to the new champions! 👍

Blimey I'm gutted it came down to a bit of lag, I saw you were cruising but I tried closing the gap at the end and was pushing as hard as possible, just to see if I could get into your slipstream or something. You had it under control though and like you, I wasn't too sure if it would've made a difference in the championship.

For me, qualifying kind of saved my bacon. I would've been 7th but found a quarter of a second and did my pb with 190bhp on my last lap to get a flukey pole and put me at the sharp end for the double points race. I think today was one of the first times I've never come off at Willo either, so I was chuffed with that :lol:

With the delays to gttcc7, a few more races would've been epic because the racing has been really close and great at every round, with everyone and myself enjoying it a lot 👍

Review

What a finish we had to last night!
Qualifying was seriously close. As far as I know it was .2 of a second covering the entire field. Apologies to @andrew1990 if I messed your lap up, I caught you a lot quicker than expected and unfortunately I had the run and tried to give as much room as possible. Apart from that it was very close. might have been able to go quicker if I had any energy left, but then again so could everyone else, but a had to push very hard for that top 3 and fortunately it was enough for the Q title.

Race 1 went exactly like I had hoped lol, the top 4 running together. @TNR_KING_FILO looked very strong and managed to hold mike off at the end. I made a small mistake and fell back from danny. @Storm_SP17 was really quick and im lucky @epic_apri_39 fought with him and slowed him down. Slowly I caught @DannyB013 up. As I said mate, the final turn I was taking a much tighter line than everyone. Down the entire straight there was no advantage but actually for the first few hundred metres I was quicker than even when people had full power. I used that to my advantage in the slips, and I had you lined up for the move across the line lol. You thought I was making a move and moved over. After that I backed out, as I couldn't take that place when I didn't make an attempt lol, plus it would have been a dive :lol: but lucky you did move mate otherwise I would have had you across the line :P

Race 2 was all about doing what needed to be done. Tried to break away with @NinjaEvo but unfortunately he went off :(

Race 3 start was probably the best start I have ever done! Managed to get the inside. Filo tried to move over but ninj was on my inside so nowhere I could go. gira led into turn 2, I wen around the outside of filo and got a bump outwards. Pulled in behind at the chicane and unfortunately gira ran wide and hit filo off on the exit. Of course It was great for me lol, but I feel bad for filo. After that I pushed for fastest lap, with 3 laps or so to go I backed off and bought it home. I had done what was required but an awesome drive by danny made me think it was over. Last lap I had a glitch and went off at the chicane. I was gutted of course but nothing we can do. Also, I made a small mistake with the points, misread race 3 results as 2 so yeah thankfully it didn't cost me the championship :lol: @DeltaJuliet what happened race 3 mate?

As a host, i'd like to say;

@DannyB013 @TNR_KING_FILO @DeltaJuliet @NinjaEvo @Ives40 @Duker_86 @sibbystiggy @Draggon @andrew1990 @DR_ingo5 @epic_apri_39 @Richie massie @Ares85 @Storm_SP17 @Baron Blitz Red @swiftsmith

A big thank you to everyone who competed. There has been some great racing and good fun. It's helped to continue GTTCC on and know what to do.

Regarding GTTCC, think of it as essentially another CRZ season, but with a better format and better results and a larger grid. More info of this will come in the next 2/3 weeks. There will also be another special event (hopefully, if interest) announced within the next 24 hours. So keep your ears open for these things!

Lets all give 3 cheers to our champion @DannyB013 massively deserved mate :bowdown::cheers:

A big thanks to @NinjaEvo for his help and videos, and thanks to everyone else for a fun season :cheers:

I'm so glad you decided to run another series back on Wednesdays @True-blue-8 and it's been a great season. Loved racing with all of you, there's been guys who I knew were quick coming in and guys who got stuck in and just got faster and faster.

Also, I think we should let people know what the mystery car is for the season after next. I'd be interested to see the reaction tbh, unless it's a full series boycott. :lol:

I'm so glad you decided to run another series back on Wednesdays @True-blue-8 and it's been a great season. Loved racing with all of you, there's been guys who I knew were quick coming in and guys who got stuck in and just got faster and faster.

Also, I think we should let people know what the mystery car is for the season after next. I'd be interested to see the reaction tbh, unless it's a full series boycott. :lol:
Yeah its been great, pretty much shows that the season 8 plans are right.

Okay, I think i'll do a big unveil at tomorrow's race :P For now it can stay at the reduced power I mentioned which helps, and we'll see how people feel :P

Great work @DannyB013, and everyone. @True-blue-8 I'm now thinking I should have just pulled over and let you by at Laguna Seca, it might have made the finale closer. So anyway, it was a pleasure racing with you folks. Sorry I missed yesterday, I had some personal business to take care of. But, damn, looking at my results in the two races I participated in, 8th in the championship might have been possible.

Again, thanks everyone!

Latest Posts

Back