Stop Quitting the race if you're the host

• Thread starter bill1250
  • 477 comments
Talk about HOST QUITTING! Last night at FUJI F1 races the host quit 5 or 6 times! Don't know who the host was, but there were cars setting on the starting line and not move. When you got to the first corner, they would quit the game.

Chach was a total tool today, I was in 6 races he hosted & he quit in everyone!
After getting punted I was behind him 3 of the times when he quit , 1st time he just spun out, 2nd time he got a corner cut penalty & the 3rd time he just got passed!!
He knew he was ruining everyones race too because when he wasn't the host he'd just wait until the leader came around to lap him & try to take him out.
This did give me a big laugh since I knew that he couldn't make contact with me so I ignored him but the guy behind me tried to avoid him & spun off.

This guy is a tool, if he's the host just pull over & bail to try to get out of sequence with him, if he's not the host just watch out for him!

I hosted several races and i have quit not a single one of them. Even though i was dead last in some of them. It just annoys me to see certain tools quit. PD should install some sort of penalty where if u quit 3 games as a host you are barred from joining in an online game for an 4 hours.

Chach was a total tool today, I was in 6 races he hosted & he quit in everyone!
After getting punted I was behind him 3 of the times when he quit , 1st time he just spun out, 2nd time he got a corner cut penalty & the 3rd time he just got passed!!
He knew he was ruining everyones race too because when he wasn't the host he'd just wait until the leader came around to lap him & try to take him out.
This did give me a big laugh since I knew that he couldn't make contact with me so I ignored him but the guy behind me tried to avoid him & spun off.

This guy is a tool, if he's the host just pull over & bail to try to get out of sequence with him, if he's not the host just watch out for him!

Moose!!! I remember the name. We usually started right around one another in the grid. I was in the same races as you. Chach was a little bitch. He couldn't handle that S2000 of his, so he would quit as soon as he spun out. He finally switched over to the Mines GTR. He was also doing weird stuff. On the grid at the beginning, he would slow down and basically let everyone pass him. Not sure if he was trying to avoid collisions in the first corner or what.

Here's what I want to know....how is the host determined? He kept getting it and I have no clue why.

Moose!!! I remember the name. We usually started right around one another in the grid. I was in the same races as you. Chach was a little bitch. He couldn't handle that S2000 of his, so he would quit as soon as he spun out. He finally switched over to the Mines GTR. He was also doing weird stuff. On the grid at the beginning, he would slow down and basically let everyone pass him. Not sure if he was trying to avoid collisions in the first corner or what.

Here's what I want to know....how is the host determined? He kept getting it and I have no clue why.

if there is not much games available then you become the host, i guess its just luck really.

if there is not much games available then you become the host, i guess its just luck really.

There's gotta be something more to it though...maybe quality of the connection, or lack thereof? He was getting host like 6 or 7 times in a row. And the same group of us kept being put into his room.

I believe it's whoever has the fastest connection gets host.

I believe it's whoever has the fastest connection gets host.

exactly, the one with the fastest connection is the host so, when you see creating race on your screen just brief before it's loading the grid then you are the host. For example when I race online I'm always the host because i've got a 25 mbit down / 3.5 mbit up connection and because I am located centrally here in Switzerland everybody from GB,NL,DK,FI,SE,GER etc. have very good pings and no lagg is noticeable

greetz number0is

btw is anyone racing 500pp race tonight @ suzuka ??

Please Polyphony, stop the online host disconnecters, its becoming ridiculous!
If that's Prologue whats up with full game then knowing full games always were little worse, lol?
i like my japanese GT5p so much more, cuz those guys seem to have at least some honor. They dont disconnect or ram nearly as much like the Euros( my experience though )!
Get the dedicated servers started and make it WorldWideWeb then, ok? thanx PD lol
:rolleyes:

I had a few good races (and one stunning that I created a thread on) this evening, but I also had a lot of hosts quitting the race because they were so far back - one guy did it 3 times in a row. :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy: .Add to that, player matching was very slow.

To PD: here is my suggestion (if not mentioned before because I have not read through the whole thread :guilty: ).

Hosts who quit should not be allowed to host again for maybe 1 or 2 hours or even longer.

There are 4 main reasons that hosts quit:

1. bad connection - so you should not be a host
2. something happens that mean you have to switch off unexpectedly - (see 1)
3. you kill it because you are not winning/at the front - you do not deserve to be a host
4. you kill it because the room is full of idiots - understandable, but a one hour ban should ensure that you do not get the same group, and really, it is no big deal not to host is it ?

So PD, unless you are going to host races on your servers, cut your customers some slack and sort this out (and not via friends rooms) I also want to race 'new' people.

Rant over.

I had a host disconnect tonight at Suzuka 500PP in such annoying circumstances. There were only three of us racing. One person dropped behind quickly and left. I was in the lead and gaining a steady advantage for a short while, before my opponent started catching up quite quickly due to the catchup effect. As I was accelerating up the straight after the Spoon curve towards 130R, I looked behind to see him flying off the road onto the gravel. I kept thinking..."he's going to disconnect any time, I know it...". I rounded 130R and *bang* "You have been disconnected from the server". I look on the map to see the idiot still at Spoon.

With only two drivers in the race he's still going to get 40k for finishing second. I didn't even touch his car either so it's not like he was annoyed at my driving. Funny how the same racer, coco-vtec (FR) in the next race didn't quit when he was in the lead and I was in second...

There are to many posts to read so I will just throw in my 2 cents. The host should not have the option of leaving a race. Maybe in the full version this will be implemented. But for thier first try it seems to be going pretty well.

There are to many posts to read so I will just throw in my 2 cents. The host should not have the option of leaving a race. Maybe in the full version this will be implemented. But for thier first try it seems to be going pretty well.

I don't know if this has been mentoned or not but how about a 2-5 minute penalty for a host who quits in the middle of a race? That host can't rejoin until the pnalty time limit is reached?

Does the host know that they are the host when they quit or does it give the same warning that other racers may not be happy with you? It should say something like: you are the host. If you quit the entire race will end. The other racers will likely hunt you down and ....

Couple of ideas I have for this (assuming PD are going to stick to their tight assed - trading on our connections - policy)

1- opt in hosting, defaults to no so the hosts would have to actually turn something on in the options. I figure if you've gone to that trouble then you're less likely to dick out and pull the plug. I'm pretty sure a lot of the quitters probably haven't even noticed their hosting.

2 - allowing us to quit on the screen that comes after the player matching one. The screen that actually shows you the name of the host. That way you can say "oh it's that tard again" and exit before it even gets to the running start. Then you have a better chance of getting a different host for your next race and you haven't wasted as much time.

3 - instead of "this might upset the other players" message when quitting, whether you are the host or not, how about "YOU ARE THE HOST OF THIS RACE - IF YOU QUIT NOW YOU'RE BEING A COMPLETE BUTTMONKEY" or words to that effect

I don't know if this has been mentoned or not but how about a 2-5 minute penalty for a host who quits in the middle of a race? That host can't rejoin until the pnalty time limit is reached?

See my post, just 4 up from yours.

I also agree that hosts should have it made clearer that they are the host, and the consequences of leaving.

Does the host know that they are the host when they quit or does it give the same warning that other racers may not be happy with you? It should say something like: you are the host. If you quit the entire race will end. The other racers will likely hunt you down and ....

1. As you join it says 'Creating Match', or something like that.

2. You are the first person in the lobby.

I just had two races (might have been the same host) where the guy waited until half-way through the last lap to quit the game.

They need to make it where you have 1 minute to quit the game as host, otherwise you're stuck for the entirety. I hate people who realize they aren't gonna get in the top 3 and quit.

Someone finished a 750pp ONLINE Suzuka race recently ?
I had 37( not a joke! ) disconnects in a row :grumpy: right now went to beginners HSR and it worked well, no disconnect ??!
Is Suzuka race screwed or am I racin only a$$holes there?
Anyways we need dedicated servers ASAP or im not gonna buy/play GT5!!! This is pre-dreamcast times, 1990 gee!
* rant over *

Someone able to finish 750pp Suzuka recently ?

They could enforce an entry fee to join online races. The fee would equal to or greater than the last place winnings. If you win, you get your entry fee covered with the winnings. If you lose, as long as you finished the race and do not quit, you are awarded your entree fee back.

That might prevent people from disconnecting and encourage people to keep driving to at least come away even or better.

I actually had a very similar idea the other day, I haven't been reading this thread so did a quick search before I made a new topic.

This seems like the best way in my opinion to work out the online problems, obviously the beginner races would be free or very cheap and perhaps have the 750 to be quite expensive - say 100,000 credits. It means that people who consistently quit would lose a lot very quickly and would have to earn it back in the beginner events - hopefully teaching them half decent etiquette in the process. Combined with a "black flag" system, it is the only way I could see online working until private rooms are introduced or dedicated servers are created instead of host PS3s.

I actually had a very similar idea the other day, I haven't been reading this thread so did a quick search before I made a new topic.

This seems like the best way in my opinion to work out the online problems, obviously the beginner races would be free or very cheap and perhaps have the 750 to be quite expensive - say 100,000 credits. It means that people who consistently quit would lose a lot very quickly and would have to earn it back in the beginner events - hopefully teaching them half decent etiquette in the process. Combined with a "black flag" system, it is the only way I could see online working until private rooms are introduced or dedicated servers are created instead of host PS3s.

The problem with this is that when a host quits, everyone else in the race will loose their entrance fee.

And with the matching system searching so long at times i'm already at the start of the race and have no idea if i'm the host or not.
I can only host 5 player race, so mostly i just quit when i don't like the race.

The problem with this is that when a host quits, everyone else in the race will loose their entrance fee.

And with the matching system searching so long at times i'm already at the start of the race and have no idea if i'm the host or not.
I can only host 5 player race, so mostly i just quit when i don't like the race.
You bring up a good point. I suppose if you only lost the entry because you quit it would work around the problem. If the top races were all like 500k entry fee, I'm sure people would have very little inclination to quit as they'd only get 4 chances to quit before they were bust.

In any case, even if you do get shunted off the track by some punter, it's not that difficult to pull back on the track and redeem a half decent position. Or if you can't even be bothered to come from the back, go and get a bowl of crunchy nut and sit in the gravel whilst you wait for the race to finish 👍

I agree that credit fees (dependindig on the diffrent levels ex. Expert 100.000) could help. But what happens when you already got all the cars, and lots of credits? I think they should loose the credit fee + the current car (means they have to buy and set it up all again) they were driving. Or best of all, remove the option to quit at all. If you want out...you gotta wait or complete the race.

... go and get a bowl of crunchy nut and sit in the gravel whilst you wait for the race to finish 👍

Dunno about crunchy nut mate. Where I come from those words have a very different meaning attached to them, hehehe!

;)

When the full version of GT5 comes out, the issue of quitting must be rectified. I suggested somewhere that if a player quits in a race, then they should have their last licence test that they earned revoked (i.e. International A-class test A16) and are forced to do it again.

I'm assuming that races will be tiered according to licence level so if you're racing online at Expert (A or S class level) and you quit a race, you're automatically disallowed entry into any further Expert events until you redo that last licence test.

The quitters would get very tired of having to redo tests again or eating crunchy testicles, methinks.

:yuck:

Latest Posts

Back