Stop Quitting the race if you're the host

• Thread starter bill1250
  • 477 comments
Well I got the game on Saturday and the first thing I done after buying a car was go and test the online mode ... not sure if I hosted any of them as I only played 5 games before I had enough! I completed 2 of 5 races and 1 of them was against a decent racer who was swapping the lead with me all the way through the race 👍

3 races I exited before the end of lap 1 due to idiots ... 1 race had these guys in the amuse R1 with crazy speed against the stock integra I was driving and these suckers were not even trying to drive! just boosting the speed ramming someone crashing and then back to boost and ram etc.. left that as it was stupid

2 other races were simply people grabbing the draft on the start and ramming people slowing for the turns 👎 I left them also and will do anytime I have to play against idiots who should have bought destruction derby instead!

I expected the game online section to have new players who dont really bother about any contact rules etc ... but some of these idiots are just wasting bandwidth ... I look forward to when you can choose your onlines buddies to race then it will be a problem no more as we all know we will drive fair :)

If I enter a race in future and meet up with the numb idiots who want to ram and cheat then I will leave again simple as that, just because I can pick my nose and flick it at someone .. does it mean I should do it? I want to play this game to have races with genuine racers and not play carnage with retards :dopey:

On a side note I spent all day Sunday getting more accustomed to the game by going for all gold on the events .. only need to buy the Ferrari F40 and complete that S challenge with it to get my 40th Gold woohoo ... and about 15 cars in the garage now ... was much more fun than being a bullseye for a numpty on high speed ring :sly:👍

I feel the online mode should be similar to the penalties on the events with 4 secs for wall bangs and car contacts etc .. 👍

I've quit a race as a host on two occasions. One was when there was only bassing going on on the HSR. I didn't see a single clean driver (with a field of about 10), so I quit and went to another race. The other occasion was on Fuji with only 2 other drivers: one clean driver and the other was only ramming us, not for the fun of it, but clearly with a win in mind. In the last lap I was quite a bit behind (having to recover from numerous bashes and penalties) and saw how this kid ran of the clean driver in the last corner before the long straight. I was able to pass both of them easily when they ended up in the barriers and decided to wait at about the pitlane entry. Next the clean driver quit the race and the bashing kid came flying by to take the win, at which point I exited the game, leaving him no money. :dopey:

So what if everyone else is mildly inconvenienced by having to find a new game? At least they have the chance to find a new game, rather than being stuck swimming uphill for 15 minutes because of gibbering idiots.

Well you just said it all yourself. In a game like that you can just quit and find another game. In GT5P sometimes the only game I can get all night is with a quitter. They effectively make my game useless since I only really play online.

So what was your point? After your long post in the end you have typed a lot and said nothing. Your solution is no solution. Race ends after a lap or so, search again and get the same host with the same result. Is that what I am meant to do all night? Race and quit? At the point where racing is impossible the only fun I can find is to hunt the host. What else is there apart from turning the console off? Tell me that instead of some story about a different game with different conditions.

Alot of good points in this thread, tit-for-tat gaming online is very common.

If there were a couple more features like host controls, i suppose when the private races are introduced im sure it will be very like FM2 - maybe integrated hosting but the best thing to happen would be to enable the 'ghost' type racing where you cant collide, therefore everyones happy, there is no damage in GT anyway.

Now i love a good laugh on the track but on forza 2 it would be a lobby full of my friends, if there is someone in the match we didnt know we race seriously.

It has just happened to me, 2 minutes into a supercar race (having just bought my GT3) a big pile up ended with someone quitting the race and bang it all disappears. TO add to the annoyance my PSN connection then dropped (god knows why) and now I am going to play PAIN instead!

Well you just said it all yourself. In a game like that you can just quit and find another game. In GT5P sometimes the only game I can get all night is with a quitter. They effectively make my game useless since I only really play online.

So what was your point? After your long post in the end you have typed a lot and said nothing. Your solution is no solution. Race ends after a lap or so, search again and get the same host with the same result. Is that what I am meant to do all night? Race and quit? At the point where racing is impossible the only fun I can find is to hunt the host. What else is there apart from turning the console off? Tell me that instead of some story about a different game with different conditions.

Talk about typing a lot and saying nothing!

I got onto a race last night in GT5P with no trouble at all. At 2am UK time. Then I found another one. Seems like you're the one uncomfortable with the current situation to me. So I suggest yes, for the time being you turn your console off.

Talk about typing a lot and saying nothing!

I got onto a race last night in GT5P with no trouble at all. At 2am UK time. Then I found another one. Seems like you're the one uncomfortable with the current situation to me. So I suggest yes, for the time being you turn your console off.

Right. And I am the childish one.

I never said that I could not find a race. I said that on some nights I simply get the same host over and over. And if that host is a quitter then there can be no racing.

Besides conditions are different for everyone. What you experience connecting at a different time than me and racing with different people is not the same as my experience. I should not have to point this out.

But you offer some great advice. Put up with the quitters (or join them in your case) or don't play. Superb.

Right. And I am the childish one.

Let's check:

nasanu
You spoil my races on purpose and i'll do what I can to spoil yours. Simple.

Yep, looks like it.

You are Player 2 in the CoD4 analogy I posted earlier. You only care that you have a good game. Someone spoils that so you abandon your goal and instead focus on revenge, at the expense of everyone else's game.

I never said that I could not find a race.

How fortunate that I didn't allege that.

I said that on some nights I simply get the same host over and over. And if that host is a quitter then there can be no racing.

This is patent nonsense. One person is always the host? On every single one of the race options available in GT5P Online?

What, do they predict which races you want to do and beat you to it every time?

But you offer some great advice. Put up with the quitters (or join them in your case) or don't play. Superb.

Your version is to encourage dirty racing. By permitting it, then tolerating it - if it isn't happening to you - and then finally joining in with it. Oh, not to mention unprovoked attacks on cars belonging to what YOU think is the host simply because they try to stamp out dirty racing.

You brought up the option of not playing, not I. If a game doesn't meet your standards, go find another one.

Alternatively, you could grow up.

Yep, looks like it.

You are Player 2 in the CoD4 analogy I posted earlier. You only care that you have a good game. Someone spoils that so you abandon your goal and instead focus on revenge, at the expense of everyone else's game.

Hardly. I dont care that I get a good game. I care that I get a game at all. Its not at everyones expense either because the persons game I could not get out of a few nights ago quit every single race for 11 races straight. Either he was going to win which he was far too slow for, or he was going to quit. Nobody was getting a race in anyway.

One person is always the host? On every single one of the race options available in GT5P Online?

Yes for every single race at Suzkua that night some harrygant guy was the host. And why should I change which track or physics I wanted to race with just to avoid a quitter? I should not have to deal with them in the first place.

not to mention unprovoked attacks on cars belonging to what YOU think is the host simply because they try to stamp out dirty racing.

You brought up the option of not playing, not I. If a game doesn't meet your standards, go find another one.

Alternatively, you could grow up.[/color][/b]

Insults, nice. Run out of arguments did we?

I dont think I know who the host is, i know who the host is. I am sure you could figure it out too if you really put your mind to it. And dont pretend you know whats going on in the mind of another person you have had no contact with at all. There were many times when the host drove off the track all by himself, then ended all of our races.

There is no excuse for this behavior and I am sick of arguing with you about it. Frankly I expect better from you of all people. Completely ending a race is the worst outcome above and beyond all forms of cheating. I cant believe that you not only defend people who do it, you say they are doing it for the good of all when its very clear that they are spoil children that cant deal with losing. You however are not a child and that really makes you the worst of all. This discussion is over.

Yes for every single race at Suzkua that night some harrygant guy was the host. And why should I change which track or physics I wanted to race with just to avoid a quitter? I should not have to deal with them in the first place.

Why should I change which track or physics I want to race with just to avoid bumper drivers? I should not have to deal with them in the first place. By tolerating them in our races we allow them to prosper.

Insults, nice.

Advice, actually.

You want to race without bumper drivers, but you aren't willing to do the one thing we can do to get rid of them. On the other hand, you're willing to become one when someone else steps up to the plate.

Your options are this:
1. Quit complaining and man up.
2. Quit complaining and go play something else.
3. Continue smashing into people out of some misguided notion of "justice". Get banned from racing in pretty much any private room bar your own small clique when that upgrade finally comes to pass.

You seem to be unwilling to do the first two. I can just imagine the whining we'll get this time next year when you find you're unable to compete in private GTP races in GT5. I'll have no sympathy.

There is no excuse for this behavior and I am sick of arguing with you about it.

I've told you the reasons - even providing a perfect analogy which you rejected out of hand because it was a different game - why this behaviour is not only excusable but honourable, especially when compared to tolerating cheats and then joining in with them.

Frankly I expect better from you of all people.

Appeal to Authority. Pathetic.

I cant believe that you not only defend people who do it, you say they are doing it for the good of all when its very clear that they are spoil children that cant deal with losing.

You're mixing two points here. The first is hosts who quit when their races become bumper car festivals. The second is anyone who quits a race they can't win. The two are not the same thing.

Perhaps this is where your confusion originates.

You however are not a child and that really makes you the worst of all.

Yes, I often think that I'm the worst person on Earth for trying to keep dirty drivers - like you (and don't attempt to contradict that - you've already admitted you'd drive dirty if someone did something you don't like) - out of online races.

This discussion is over.

Run out of arguments did we?

Hello everyone on this great board.
I was playing in a ford gt in the early hours of this morning and kept getting knocked off into last place, I'm a noob so it gave me the opportunity to come through the field and learn and not quit. I don't think i was hosting as I'm only on 1mb. The shortcut penalties are a bit harsh when someone pit manoeuvres you.

Completely ending a race is the worst outcome above and beyond all forms of cheating. I cant believe that you not only defend people who do it, you say they are doing it for the good of all when its very clear that they are spoil children that cant deal with losing.

Hahaha you are so off on the wrong track matey!

Some of us who have been racing this game for years have been spoilt with racing against other drivers online with Kai and at LAN events in a nice Gentlemanly race enviroment, we knew who our opposition was and we know they will race in a respectable manner.

Racing against people who do these silly moves just to take the lead is not nice when you know they wouldn't be ahead without the nasty deliberate contact 👎 For you to call players who are accustomed to a cleaner type of race kids because they dont want to crash and bang cars all the way around a course is just simply showing you justify that kind of driving and I for one will not give you the pleasure of doing it to me anytime soon, I would simply leave as soon as I saw your name on the line up :dopey: problem with me leaving a race? .... Tough titty mate! I will leave as many times as it takes to end up in a good enjoyable race with decent players.

All these new drivers and kids are expected when new games arrive but doesn't mean the serious players should share the grid with them when they obviously have a different idea of what a good race is :dopey:

Now stop ranting away like your the god damned authority on OLR etiquette! .. some of us have been doing this for years and don't need schooling from some wanabee voice of reason :rolleyes:

Get over yourself :dunce:

Hahaha you are so off on the wrong track matey!

Some of us who have been racing this game for years have been spoilt with racing against other drivers online with Kai and at LAN events in a nice Gentlemanly race enviroment, we knew who our opposition was and we know they will race in a respectable manner.

Well I have been doing the same in GT since '98. I have been to iLinks and LANs and have even achieved 2nd in my country's cybergames on top of numerous No1 times on xbox live. You nor most people here never raced with me and know nothing about me. Those that do know I am a very clean racer. Even when competing with serious money on the line I raced clean, even when I one case a simple tap into a braking zone could have scored me an all expenses paid trip to europe. But ban me from your little rooms if you like. You don't seem to realise that the world is a big place and it will have zero impact on me. But at least you guys can move up a spot in the results.

You and whoever the other guy is keep talking about bashing into other cars. That has nothing to do with what I am talking about. I am quite used to people taking me out online, I get back on the track and resume. I am simply talking about forcing everyones race to be over if you cant win. That is all. Strop trying to put words into my mouth.

In reality you guys are saying thats its ok to crash their game with an error if you dont like the way they are playing. And I am saying its ok to hit their car if they try to crash your game. But you say I am the dirty one and you guys are working for the greater good? Absurd. As an act both are fairly similar. Except you effect everyone in the race innocent or not. I only effect the guilty.

The other guy says its childish revenge. Well isn't crashing their game also simply revenge? It is.

But have fun ruining peoples races in the name of all that's good and pure guys.

Well I have been doing the same in GT since '98.

Interesting.

I am simply talking about forcing everyones race to be over if you cant win. That is all.

And we are talking about preventing cheaters from racing.

So... why did you feel the need to put your opinion about how evil I am into a conversation which bore no relation to it?

The other guy says its childish revenge.

The other guy? 20 minutes ago I was "You of all people" and now I'm "The other guy". How saddening.

Childish revenge? "You spoil my race on purpose and i'll do what I can to spoil yours."

Could it get any more petty than that?

This discussion is over.

Fail.

popcornkq0.gif

;)

Basically what I'm seeing here are different opinions, but not on the exact same subject.
Hence the big gap.

So far, what Sphinx, Famine, me and Mr P have been saying is that if you start a race and it gets ruined by people that either just want to bash or win at any cost (bashing), it's more than ok to leave (despite being the host or not, but especially if you're the host), for more than one reason; not everyone has the time to endure races that have already been ruined - you can always get in other races -, and so that those people don't end up getting benefit from their stupid actions.

What other members are saying is that it's worse to quit the race (it has been said like that, I'm not exaggerating) than to nudge someone else out of the track, and regardless of the fact that someone has ruined your race and will probably ruin it for everyone else too, you should keep yourself on the race until the end, probably with a 10% chance of winning it or even making it to a good spot, and most likely letting the basher win it, thus making his belief that crime does pay even stronger.

Also, this other group (now apparently reduced to one or maybe two members) strongly believes that quitting a race just because you can't win it due to lack of ability is exactly the same as quitting it due to the reasons explained above (the big gap of opinion is located here).

Also also, the very same one or two-member group believes that the correct course of action when someone does something you didn't like while racing online is to get even by bashing them and ruining their race, in the exact same manner they had been done before, but this doesn't imply they are doing the exact same thing the other guy(s) did; instead, it just means they are clean drivers trying to make a clean race.

All in the name of not-quitting. Rational, is it not?

Don't quit the race while host when you get rammed off once or twice on the first few laps. Get back in and usually you'll and up on the podium (my experience as an o so expert racer :rolleyes:). I just hate it when some of us are trying to do a clean race and some crybaby bales-out because he just got rammed off and lost his chance to win. When you see that some people are clean in a race: DO NOT BALE OUT

When almost everyone is being a bad boy, be my guest and try your luck in the next race. :)

btw: Is there a rule here about using caps and abbreviations? Couldn't find it, lost my reading glasses somewhere.

Edit> Is it bale or bail out? Somehow the former reminds me of grass: nasty stuff.

Well I have been doing the same in GT since '98. I have been to iLinks and LANs

You also took part in BC3 and for that simple reason you should already have an idea of what kind of racing we do and like to take part in .. curious what made you act so nieve to our critisism's when you have a past in this format of gaming?

9th Wer GT GTN 18'41.989 14
10th PatClash Sudracing 18'42.072 12
11th D.A.M. GT3Times 18'42.496 10
12th nasanu GTF 18'43.947 9
13th Rypien GTF 18'45.761 8

If Swift - or any other GTP mod - witnessed it, he'd be banned from racing here at GTP.

Seems pretty cut and dried to me.
Can you define this? As in, when we get private rooms he will get a ban from official GTP rooms? Won't be allowed in any WRS stuff? Or just not get invited to GTP events?

Or are we talking an outright ban from GTP as a whole?

Just curious if we have some new GTP rules regarding this because I fear that once I get GT5P I may find that while I am one of the best among my friends that I suck in the bigger picture and end up having bad timing or something and appear to be a basher.

he man,raced you on suzuka last night and have to say sorry...
was following you closely thru the ss's when on the 3rd corner you braked little early and me too late....small bump and i send you of track...
totally my bad unimental....:ill:
spyrrari.:sly:
This is why we need in-game voice chat. Lord knows that I have accidentally killed enough teammates in Warhawk for various reasons and done my fair share of apologizing (honking the horn on the jeep does not mean jump in front of me). The worst was when I tried sniping a guy going after my teammate carrying a flag and someone else killed him right as I pulled the trigger and I ended up hitting my flag carrier. -25 points and a very angry teammate.

It would be nice to be able to apologize for honest accidents so that you avoid being hated. Only once have I seen a guy not accept apologies for a team kill.

How about setting up some sort of guidelines of what is acceptable behavior of the host?

Something like if you are host & are taken out by a punter but no one else is inconvenienced then you just have to keep racing so as not to penalize everyone else.

But if you are in a race with several punters that are making it bad for everyone then it's ok to bail out.

Can you define this? As in, when we get private rooms he will get a ban from official GTP rooms? Won't be allowed in any WRS stuff? Or just not get invited to GTP events?

Or are we talking an outright ban from GTP as a whole?

Just curious if we have some new GTP rules regarding this because I fear that once I get GT5P I may find that while I am one of the best among my friends that I suck in the bigger picture and end up having bad timing or something and appear to be a basher.

Until there's some clarity about what online play in GT5 (or even the future of GT5P) actually offers, I can't.

I would expect the online racing rules of GTP would be closely parallel to the offline racing rules though.

Until there's some clarity about what online play in GT5 (or even the future of GT5P) actually offers, I can't.

I would expect the online racing rules of GTP would be closely parallel to the offline racing rules though.
Just checking because I would hate to get some form of serious punishment due to a situation like spyrrari just described, or one of those fun times when my wife walks in and starts talking to me as if my attention was 100% focused on her when she walked in the room.

"Can't you see I am trying to sneak into this facility? Great, Snake is dead and it's your fault. Huh? Oh, yeah I'll take the garbage out. can't you see I'm trying to do spy work."

Just checking because I would hate to get some form of serious punishment due to a situation like spyrrari just described, or one of those fun times when my wife walks in and starts talking to me as if my attention was 100% focused on her when she walked in the room.

"Can't you see I am trying to sneak into this facility? Great, Snake is dead and it's your fault. Huh? Oh, yeah I'll take the garbage out. can't you see I'm trying to do spy work."

I wouldn't worry about it. We all have lapses in... err...

Wait, what?

Anyway, the details all need to be ironed out first. It's not too hard to spot the difference between accidental and deliberate, and reputation for clean racing and reputation for dirty racing. I doubt anyone would be judged solely on one race, unless it was clear-cut.

@foolkiller....ah you got that kind of woman too he?...haha..lol.
this happened to me too several times...i am racing online 100% focussed on the race,than she askes me if i want a drink!!supernice of her but when i than say:later hunn(meening :NOT NOW!!).....well,than the garbage allso has to be taken out immediately!!!!.....and (on topic..)this will lead in most cases i loose controll over the wheel a bit and a crash occures...now,how do i explain this to the unfortunate guy i than maybe bumb into??
he will be pissed off...and hes right!!now this is just one example where things can go wrong...i had a superrace last night with a dude who raced clean and smooth for 30minutes,than suddenly he whas all over the place like he had a flat tyre or something...and than he whas gone forever!!surely something was up and he had too leave,but his psn name whas so weird(nfhr87464nbcj''.ht.....or something like that)that i couldnt send him a pm....
so when private hosting comes out,finally we can avoid people to get mad not knowing the reason for a unintentional crash!!!
spyrrari.

You also took part in BC3 and for that simple reason you should already have an idea of what kind of racing we do and like to take part in .. curious what made you act so nieve to our critisism's when you have a past in this format of gaming?

I am not sure what you mean by nieve to your critisism. I know full well what acceptable OLR behaviour is, I was racing when the rules were being written. Famine (look I learnt your name now famine, excited? ) would like to make out that I am a dirty driver and I think bashing is ok. But this thread and my disussions in it were never about bashing. He took issue with me saying that I got revenge on a guy who repeatedly (about 8 times by that point) crashed the race when he spun or just fell behind. I find such behaviour beyond redemption but then famine came along and started to defend it. He and others here think crashing a race so nobody can race at all is a good thing, when bashing a guy who has consistantly denied 15 players the right to race is very, very bad. Thats the whole story right there.

Also also, the very same one or two-member group believes that the correct course of action when someone does something you didn't like while racing online is to get even by bashing them and ruining their race, in the exact same manner they had been done before, but this doesn't imply they are doing the exact same thing the other guy(s) did; instead, it just means they are clean drivers trying to make a clean race.

I quote myself. Not exactly what you said just there, nasanu.

Also also, the very same one or two-member group believes that the correct course of action when someone does something you didn't like while racing online is to get even by bashing them and ruining their race, in the exact same manner they had been done before

But nobody is talking about bashing? I am talking about hosts quiting races because they are losing. Its even the in the title of this thread, whats so hard to understand?

And you really are generalizing. I bashed a player who quit because he was losing something like 8 times in a row. Hardly the same as a bit of tit for tat.

Perhaps this should have read:
Also also, the very same one or two-member group believes that the correct course of action when someone does something you didn't like while racing online is to get even by crashing the game so nobody can race at all

Latest Posts

Back