STORAGETRUNKS GT3 SERIES - SLS AMG - 90 Minute Race Series- Monday Nights 19:00 UK- FREE SPOTSFinished 

Starting to get very complicated .... If your wanting to handicap drivers , why aren't the usual decrease in bhp or added ballast being considered ?

Starting to get very complicated .... If your wanting to handicap drivers , why aren't the usual decrease in bhp or added ballast being considered ?
We have tried that in many series and it never seems to work - i wanted to try something different - lets just see how it goes - it may seem complicated at first but lets see.

If your after races where everybody has the chance of winning , have you considered a parity race , as in there is a capped time in which you can complete a lap and you set your car up not to exceed the capped time ( by using lower tyres / limiting engine power ) . Never tried one myself , but I hear it makes for close racing whatever your abilities ...

All i say guy is lets give it a go i have tries many many handicaps over the years, and Elite guys always seem to overcome them, and then after a few races all the slower guys leave the series feeling they cant compete.
The slower guys generally make up 60% of the grid, and i want them to not only win races but also stay in the series.

If they start the race with a healthy lead, they make not feel the need to push so hard, then crash, which then ruins the race for them.

I just ask we try it.
To be fair, that's what makes them elite. The ability to overcome obstacles produced by other people.

:odd:
I agree , why the quote ?
I do not know. :lol:

In my own opinion I find this new start procedure a bit too complicated!! I agree with most of the others cause I think that the top guys will find a way to beat the rest of us no matter how far back they start or how much bhp you take away from them!! Take last season for example Erazer basically thrashed everyone when he had the fewest bhp and on the harder tyres which give you less grip!! I'd actually like to do this new start procedure because I think it might work and hey its something different to the usual rolling start but maybe you could reverse the grid after Q or add a mandatory number of pit stops!! I've seen it in V8 super cars where they make you do 2 stops even if the race distance is very short or make you put in a certain amount of fuel during the stops plus they also do the hard/soft tires thing!! Anyway I'm sorry for the long post but I not much of a poster tbh and I thought might as well!!

There wont be Qualy Dan.
Will just Race from the positions given with the settings given.
It seem complicated but its easy for me to oversea it, and once everyone knows what do do it will be easy.

only one aid i saw it worked yet almost well was boost on. i know, not optimal too, AI automatic but did maded race more close. just my experience.

Stupid system, if you're not gonna drive as fast as possible, whats the point? 👎
only one aid i saw it worked yet almost well was boost on. i know, not optimal too, AI automatic but did maded race more close. just my experience.
Boost is the tool of the devil!

On top of this I would like to add that even tho I'm fine with ballast handicap, too much will ruin it, as I may be able to go as fast as everyone else when on my own, but as soon as I hit traffic, that ballast will make passing neigh impossible.
And power limit is even worse, even if you manage to squeeze past, the other car will just fly by again on the next straight.
So in seesnce:
Boost: :yuck:
Parity: :yuck:
Bhp cap:👎 (10-20 bhp is fine)
Ballast up to about 100kg:tup:👍
ballast above 100kg:tdown:
Tyre limitations:👍👍:) by far the best solution.

This start procedure is very complicated, but it deserves to atleast be tested.

Last edited:
Boost might be a viable option, to be honest. It'll keep the leader on his heels all the way instead of running off with it. Better yet, improved grip and more performance will give the guys at the back a little confidence boost and it'll keep them in the hunt. 👍

if boost tool of devil then i think same about gt penalty system. to be honest even worse than boost. off topic just my previous experience

Hmmm interesting reading, I cant really comment on what will work or not, I have no real experience of handicap system, previous cups/series I have raced in, we tended to pick a group of cars and myself and a friend would race them on 2 courses, 1=power 1=handling, we would then work out how much handicap to give to each car based on its individual capability until lap times were the same, quite time consuming but you soon learned roughly how to match different cars to each other, which was awesome as although lap times where roughly the same, different cars where better at different sections of the track and the overtaking was constant and various strengths and weakness's across the field, boost is a no no, it gives you a false sense of skill i want to get better because, well I'm getting better not because the game is manipulating how my car drives which mean my input is not winning the race or getting a quick lap, false sense of winning and stops you learning to go quicker, I think anythings worth trying, it can't do much harm other than not being great for 90 mins, big deal a lot worse can happen in my life than repeat last week which was very boring for me but i do feel their were racers missing possibly who would have kept me company at back but the difference across the whole field was mad, plus as previously mentioned I just want to race other cars :lol: don't care if its for last or first, just like the buzz of racing and I am still honing my race craft, once i feel i have that to a good standard I will concentrate on moving up the field, but the whole point of a handicapped series is to keep the pack in a pack to an extent with everyone having a chance to win if they make no mistakes, I still like one make, probably because I always have a chance of winning and do a lot online against guys I know are usually better, this is a tuning series so we must try things to make it work, but the tuning like virtually every racing game, "simulator" or not has tuning quirks, there are a lot of things to be taken advantage of that don't add up in real world tuning, so knowledge of these can be the difference rather than pure driving skill, a lot of the slower guys make mistakes as they push(me included at times) trying to close a gap that can't be closed anyway or to increase a lap time that on the current setup can't get quicker, Rather than finding your limit and not going over it. The whole point of a practice race is to refine and find a solution, so I am all for trying different things, but i just find 90 mins a bit much to try something new, as if it doesn't work like last week you end up racing yourself for 90 mins, half race still gives an idea of fastest laps and general race pace which we can work from, Logic obviously has experience of setting these things up so i have faith we will get something sorted. I will say though that the above rules aren't going to bring the pack together, still have people spread out and the fast guys gradually hunting down the slower guys at the front which is still good in the sense slower guys may win, but personally i like to think we are all driving to the maximum and i am catching people or increasing the gap, albeit only because the elite have handicaps, but still i drove quicker etc, rather than they couldn't close the gap in enough time. I have raced with guys who have given setups but keep some crucial details, not saying anyone in this series does, unfair to say that, but I have came across it, and the best example is when i was in a series and Poly kicked loads a while back for cheating( i.e using modded game data) basically faster cars, more grip, easy to handle, etc etc etc, low and behold half the series came back on under new Online Id's, it was so sad and annoying to think i put so much time in and the bloody organizers where cheating, Logic I don't think you or anyone here is or I wouldn't be here, please don't take this the wrong way, also i have raced guys using one make cars who i could never beat, and beat them easily a lot of the time,not just due to cheating but TUNING, I can honestly say I have been given tunes in the past and watched replay or in race camera and the same person with the same supposed tune go much faster, now skill is one thing but 2 cars with the same setup can't physically go around a corner at speeds with a difference of 10-15 mph, i have used a tune then watched people use the exact same tune and at certain corners you look and you know you can't get near that corner speed even with perfect braking point, turn it, exit perfect, we all know when we have nailed a corner, i.e can't go any faster, and when you do that but someone enters said corner and exits it at far higher speed it's frustrating, 5,10.15 mph through a corner is a massive difference as we all know, transmission is the biggest flaw/advantage gainer. also using low down force and gaining grip elsewhere, Jesus I just looked up then and realized I have written a novel, Hard back version in shops in Feb, sorry for long post, not a rant or complaint, just my feelings and opinions, Roll on Monday and I don't see many other solutions tbh, other than weight/bhp and tyres/pits, or creating a gap, which isn't my preference as i like to keep in pack as much as possible, but I know Logic wants everyone to have chance of winning so Im happy to try it as anything that keeps the series with a big grid is good by me.

p.s penaltys are BAD! i have had more wrong penalties than right ones i.e car crashes in front of you etc and you get collision penalty when it was the car in fronts fault etc. I am going on now to practice Spa if anyone is on.

a while ago ive raced against AI grid in a career mode. after start they was estimately 40 secs ahead. since i did overtook all, the couple of a tops started to followed me so far, i wasn't able to shake them out from my butt. they've 0,5 - 1,5sec behind me for the rest of race (2laps of nurb nord). i am sure this is due booster too.
#177 bullseye, 100% roger!

Last edited:
a while ago ive raced against AI grid in a career mode. after start they was estimately 40 secs ahead. since i did overtook all, the couple of a tops started to followed me so far, i wasn't able to shake them out from my butt. they've 0,5 - 1,5sec behind me for the rest of race (2laps of nurb nord). i am sure this is due booster too.
AI is atrificial Pee, they go faster when you do and slow when you do, they tend to also slow down to allow you to catch up, its like having boost, not a true replication of racing, but its one of the hardest pasrt of the game to program if not the hardest, career mode is fake and boring and doesn't hold my attention for very long, i just do it to grind i.e gather money to buy cars not to enjoy racing. im on now if your on matey.

Back