STORAGETRUNKS GT3 SERIES - SLS AMG - 90 Minute Race Series- Monday Nights 19:00 UK- FREE SPOTSFinished 

^ Good idea ^ Hadn't raced the SLS at Spa since the final of GTPES last year and in amongst 3 or 4 SLSs I just picked the one we're testing for Bathurst, then swapped sheets between Q and the race, setup felt good but defo not the fastest it could have been for Spa.

Well last night was a very boring race for me lol, after i took Scotty mutineer I never seen another car except when lapping me, although i did lap a few in the pits on my 1 stop strategy. Just can't work out what happened, when i watched some of the guys before the race, i looked at the speeds they got on the straights and speed carried through corners and I can't figure how the hell I can find anywhere near 7-8 secs, my fastest was 1.20ish, but mostly 1.21s-1.22s, i pitted once and stayed on RS for whole race, some where 7 secs faster on RH's, so frustrating when you hit every braking point and apex and you know you can't go any quicker and your still miles off the pace. was looking forward to it as well, handicaps ? how about the guys at front only being allowed 3 wheels on the car at any 1 time. Logic I can't see a 20-30 bhp making up 7-8 secs, I know I didn't practice much on setup, but car felt really good and I don't care if your Ross Brawn and I'm Lewis Hamilton I will not find any where near 7-8 secs lol. not sure ther's much point in continuing in this one, you know me I don't care about winning, I just want a few cars to battle with, I had to really struggle to keep going and not quit.

Well last night was a very boring race for me lol, after i took Scotty mutineer I never seen another car except when lapping me, although i did lap a few in the pits on my 1 stop strategy. Just can't work out what happened, when i watched some of the guys before the race, i looked at the speeds they got on the straights and speed carried through corners and I can't figure how the hell I can find anywhere near 7-8 secs, my fastest was 1.20ish, but mostly 1.21s-1.22s, i pitted once and stayed on RS for whole race, some where 7 secs faster on RH's, so frustrating when you hit every braking point and apex and you know you can't go any quicker and your still miles off the pace. was looking forward to it as well, handicaps ? how about the guys at front only being allowed 3 wheels on the car at any 1 time. Logic I can't see a 20-30 bhp making up 7-8 secs, I know I didn't practice much on setup, but car felt really good and I don't care if your Ross Brawn and I'm Lewis Hamilton I will not find any where near 7-8 secs lol. not sure ther's much point in continuing in this one, you know me I don't care about winning, I just want a few cars to battle with, I had to really struggle to keep going and not quit.
hey jamsy, i absolutely understand you. and i indeed all you said. no worries. trust me, you're same equal as 98% of us. sorry i dont have actually too much time for convo, however later i am free to do. i have few things on my mind, hope they can be useful for you or anyone. ok?

To be fair, at Daytona I got out qualified by @TRL_Andromeda who was on RH and I was on RM...
I out-qualified everyone apart from nik at spa, on RH...

Anyway, the difference in speed between elite and casual players last night was huge! Much bigger than usual, Im actually suprised by the gap!
I doubt the difference will be that huge again, unless we do silverstone. :P

Adding that many did not put practice time in and setup time in before the race.
Also i think the SLS is a harder car to drive fast if you dont feel at one with it.

not able to comment as was dc for Q and needed a wee half way though ,,,but i should have been not far behind logic.......

I out-qualified everyone apart from nik at spa, on RH...

Anyway, the difference in speed between elite and casual players last night was huge! Much bigger than usual, Im actually suprised by the gap!
I doubt the difference will be that huge again, unless we do silverstone. :P
elias please, tell us, how many pitstops did u? one, two or? thanks

Just a further note.
Normally in the week i am always in our club lobby practicing, and this encourage others to come in and practice as well, so most weeks every driver is up to speed with setup etc.

Last week i was not in our Storagetrunks private lobby at all as we where practicing for the VW FUN cup 12 hours at Brands hatch.

This week also i will not be there as we have a 24 hour race at Daytona this coming weekend, so in general most guys that have their cars sorted for the coming race in our series have not done so last week , nor will they this week.

Back to normal service after this coming weekend.
wow! i hope it not mean 12 or 24h in real time progress, but just a virtual instant 12/24h format?! because that would be definitely a "torture procedure" :)

Holly sh...!!! every player racing for whole 24h?? if so, then almost much harder than real event!! haha. all of my honor for them. they heroes just to finish (if so lucky and not DC)
Nobody's driving all 24 hours (that's just too much! lol), there's rules against that. But the entire race is 24 hours! Every minute is live-streamed and on YouTube!

There will 48+ drivers taking part, as Starscream says load the GTPlanets youtube channel up on Saturday and watch the teams compete :)

Nobody's driving all 24 hours (that's just too much! lol), there's rules against that. But the entire race is 24 hours! Every minute is live-streamed and on YouTube!
ufff that sounds better :)

"Replay bug" Correct Tyre does not always show after a pit stop. Fastest lap was not set on RH.

But Glen, fastest lap in the qualifier was on RS, difference is hard to believe, ok im not the best far from it, but im not 7-8 secs slower on a course with a 2.20ish lap time.

There will 48+ drivers taking part, as Starscream says load the GTPlanets youtube channel up on Saturday and watch the teams compete :)
rono what is the link to speak to commentry as i would have keept them up to date, getting it wrong 60% time ...lol

rono what is the link to speak to commentry as i would have keept them up to date, getting it wrong 60% time ...lol
There isn't really a link to speak to commentary. You just got to hope they're reading the comments because they're not most of the time.

You speak to comms through the youtube chat - more often than not they read the comments and use them in the commentary - youtube chat in my experience works better when you open youtube in a web browser in my experience.

You speak to comms through the youtube chat - more often than not they read the comments and use them in the commentary - youtube chat in my experience works better when you open youtube in a web browser in my experience.
I noticed on Sunday that they were hardly reading the comments. They only pointed out about 4 or 5 things in the entire 12 hours!

Back