STORAGETRUNKS GT3 SERIES - SLS AMG - 90 Minute Race Series- Monday Nights 19:00 UK- FREE SPOTSFinished 

I noticed on Sunday that they were hardly reading the comments. They only pointed out about 4 or 5 things in the entire 12 hours!
It was touched upon during the race that the comms setup was different - come the real events there will only be 12 teams in the room racing so a dedicated comms person will actually be in the race lobby watching live timing and a different feed to the replay so the comms experience becomes more encompassing of the whole event.

@alainsenna , one thing you have got to remember is its Spa , the course has been around since Gt5, featured in a lot of seasonal and academy events , so the top guys have hammered it to death.. Then take into account the amount of times it features in race series, the top guys have probably put more time racing round spa than we have total granturismo game time... I've found the same thing at Suzuka, its second nature to them guys.

some of my experience about SLS GT3, hope you can follow my mind despite my poor English: sls is well balanced FR car especially if not too much power, good grip, stable, tendency to depletion of front tires faster. on RS: faster, but for a shorter period. if same tune all time, by using a RS i feel more tendency for understeering (runs more "wide") if RH (same setup) worse lap time however for a longer period and more equal lap times. when i tried RS vs RM vs RS i got some good laps, wasn't relevant which of tires i wear, just depends on my proper pace, respectful to actual car performance limits. please dont take it wrong, as i flattering myself (no way i do) just a rational result: SPA race, if i'd be take it really seriously, i guess i able to fight for podium just due - proper setting + good tactic & timing (pits etc) + some portion of fortune = maybe my race time result might had about -1m30s faster (est. -40sec/ -1 pitstop + 30laps x 1,5sec) ...

Last edited:
@alainsenna , one thing you have got to remember is its Spa , the course has been around since Gt5, featured in a lot of seasonal and academy events , so the top guys have hammered it to death.. Then take into account the amount of times it features in race series, the top guys have probably put more time racing round spa than we have total granturismo game time... I've found the same thing at Suzuka, its second nature to them guys.
yea, indeed without any doubts :)

I

Totally get what you mean GTP, and when you check how many miles some guys have put in it shows far more experience, but I am not a Noob and online i win regularly, I know I will never get to the level of top guys as I can't put the hours in, but Spa I know like the back of my hand, but what bugs me is, when I race you guys I know where the car is slow, what corners/on a straight or whatever, but last night the car felt great, I was putting in great laps(in my mind lol) and the difference was just crazy, im a few sec's off but 8, oh well hopefully next time I will try some different setup, but i say again to make up 7-8 secs in a car that feels wonderfully balanced, fantastic on the brakes great grip, it;s like what the hell you know, normally with you guys can say right im losing time here, there, there etc, but last night i was saying to myself which turn an i improve either on entry or exit, and i couldn't find it, i seemed to corner at same speed but just wasn't quick enough in a straight line. will keep plugging away. most frustrating thing really was usualy theres a few- 3 0r 4 at my pace but last night it was just me on my own.

But Glen, fastest lap in the qualifier was on RS, difference is hard to believe, ok im not the best far from it, but im not 7-8 secs slower on a course with a 2.20ish lap time.

Fastest time in Quali was NikMakozi with a 2.16 on RM.

Next fastest was TRL_Erazer with a 2.17 on RH

Erazers fastest lap during the race was a 2.13, on RS after he pit, with lower fuel.

I

Totally get what you mean GTP, and when you check how many miles some guys have put in it shows far more experience, but I am not a Noob and online i win regularly, I know I will never get to the level of top guys as I can't put the hours in, but Spa I know like the back of my hand, but what bugs me is, when I race you guys I know where the car is slow, what corners/on a straight or whatever, but last night the car felt great, I was putting in great laps(in my mind lol) and the difference was just crazy, im a few sec's off but 8, oh well hopefully next time I will try some different setup, but i say again to make up 7-8 secs in a car that feels wonderfully balanced, fantastic on the brakes great grip, it;s like what the hell you know, normally with you guys can say right im losing time here, there, there etc, but last night i was saying to myself which turn an i improve either on entry or exit, and i couldn't find it, i seemed to corner at same speed but just wasn't quick enough in a straight line. will keep plugging away. most frustrating thing really was usualy theres a few- 3 0r 4 at my pace but last night it was just me on my own.
yes yes i know exactly what you feel. but be sure or everybody else, i have (or had) same experience. trust me, you just think that your car has good performance (but better definition - feels comfortable when you drive it) until you will try different tuning (suitable for you), fast and proper for each circuit separately, after a practicing, adaption for new adjustment etc... you will surprisingly easy cut out 5secs from theses 7-8s. everyone can, i am pretend. talent for something is one thing, but oft overestimated. it's ratio of 98% of effort/practice/experience : 2% of talent/fortune

The difference I see between a casual/serious experienced racer like @alainsenna and a hardcore uber-experienced racer (and GT Academy finalist) @TRL_Andromeda is sliding.

A lot of the top guys literally (and unrealistically) slide their cars to the death when they're running for top lap times. I've tried this and once getting the hang of it my lap times plummet by at least a whole second depending on the length of the circuit and car setup.

What you'll find is that not only are TRL guys a mastermind on the track but also masterminds behind the scenes with their setups - but again, experience plays a major role.

I'm not trying to put any doubt in any racer on GTPlanet and putting anyone off from racing - or at least not intending to, but what you will find (and @GTP_Jonjig said it) experience and driving preferences always comes down to who is faster. Not totally realistic because, well... Look at Max Verstappen and Carlos Sainz, Jr. they had no experience in Formula 1 but wiped the floor with similar competition.

No other way to put it, @GTP_Jonjig said it too, the top guys have hammered this track to death. They know this track inside and out. If anything I'd think someone like @TRL_Andromeda are sick of Spa-Francorchamps with how many times he's been round it! :lol:

But Glen, fastest lap in the qualifier was on RS, difference is hard to believe, ok im not the best far from it, but im not 7-8 secs slower on a course with a 2.20ish lap time.
Fastest lap in Q was done on RM, with 2:16.5, fastest RH time in Q was 2:17.3 and fastest race lap on RH was 2:17.0
2:13.1 however, was done on RS with low fuel.

What you'll find is that not only are TRL guys a mastermind on the track but also masterminds behind the scenes with their setups - but again, experience plays a major role.
This is very true, and fact is that within TRL, I'm the engineer, I'm the one who does most of the setup work. Evo is our main race director, and JB+mcbride are team managers. IP is driving god.
I'm not trying to put any doubt in any racer on GTPlanet and putting anyone off from racing - or at least not intending to, but what you will find (and @GTP_Jonjig said it) experience and driving preferences always comes down to who is faster. Not totally realistic because, well... Look at Max Verstappen and Carlos Sainz, Jr. they had no experience in Formula 1 but wiped the floor with similar competition.
Those inexperienced, but very talented drivers exist here too, believe me, I have had my butt kicked by alot of them.
No other way to put it, @GTP_Jonjig said it too, the top guys have hammered this track to death. They know this track inside and out. If anything I'd think someone like @TRL_Andromeda are sick of Spa-Francorchamps with how many times he's been round it! :lol:
I have not done too many miles on it, I have higher milage on apricot hill for example.
yes yes i know exactly what you feel. but be sure or everybody else, i have (or had) same experience. trust me, you just think that your car has good performance (but better definition - feels comfortable when you drive it) until you will try different tuning (suitable for you), fast and proper for each circuit separately, after a practicing, adaption for new adjustment etc... you will surprisingly easy cut out 5secs from theses 7-8s. everyone can, i am pretend. talent for something is one thing, but oft overestimated. it's ratio of 98% of effort/practice/experience : 2% of talent/fortune
That last part is spot on very true, and if you think its talent, you'll be pleasantly suprised when your talent increases, because it will.

elias please, tell us, how many pitstops did u? one, two or? thanks
2 stops.

Lol, wrote all that 4 posts up. :)
I did not look closely enough:dunce:

Last edited:
my way how to do and enjoy racing is simply. because i like and prefer realism ive pick granturismo simulator. then i like to drive as in real, what are most possible in virual. with a respect, like i can die after serious crash. so due that and because i am not a hardcore player (and kinda too old :) ) i am not a master of lap records and a going near to 99.9% of virtual physical limits. similarly like a short races too. but seems i am not so slow, when theres an endurances, realistic restrictions, lot of players in grid (but not a chance, if many of them shoots you down already in 1st corner or anytime you trying overtake them) or damage on, tyre depletion, rain, night etc... seems it, thats my "cup of tea"

besides, one of my deep recpect to elite guys are definitely for E.J. aka @TRL_Andromeda !!! and do you know why? HE'S A DEFINITELY UNIVERSAL ALL-ROUNDER ACE ! yeah, sure i dont know about all others, but he's only one i saw him: no matter if tarmac, dirt, drift .. or low / high PP, street, race car etc. maybe not so usually 1st in world ranking but look at him, he's top 10 - 50 anytime, when he really tries. bravo man! bless him. ps: i forgot to say, anybody has my honest respect, especially more if they must do things against all unluck and trouble and obstacles in their way! they are my 'ORDINARY HEROES' !!

Last edited:
my way how to do and enjoy racing is simply. because i like and prefer realism ive pick granturismo simulator. then i like to drive as in real, what are most possible in virual. with a respect, like i can die after serious crash. so due that and because i am not a hardcore player (and kinda too old :) ) i am not a master of lap records and a going near to 99.9% of virtual physical limits. similarly like a short races too. but seems i am not so slow, when theres an endurances, realistic restrictions, lot of players in grid (but not a chance, if many of them shoots you down already in 1st corner or anytime you trying overtake them) or damage on, tyre depletion, rain, night etc... seems it, thats my "cup of tea"
yep, trust me, sometimes its frustrating too. suks as helllllaughahah

What are you quoting, and answering, yourself? :confused:
hello, eh i am sorry. i'm new here. obviously still not well adapted here. however i wanted different post, i using touch scren which not helps it well sometime. my apologies, be sure i will try to prevent any troubles, okay? thanks

hello, eh i am sorry. i'm new here. obviously still not well adapted here. however i wanted different post, i using touch scren which not helps it well sometime. my apologies, be sure i will try to prevent any troubles, okay? thanks
No, I still don't know why you answered yourself. Perhaps you should think through what you are going to post before posting it.

yes that's normal by me :) also i talk too much. rather i go to play again. see you around
Please stop double posting. Use the +quote feature if you wish to quote more than one person.

ok double post applies from now ,,,double post you miss next race......

accidents happen so logic can over rule and logic allowed as he post pics for racing!!

???? :( i am lost then. i stop posting for now..
PEE English not your first language, and I was same when first using the site, i don't use forums other than for simracing, you get used to it pretty quick, your friendly and not abusive that's all that matters, don't be getting too worried, Logic i have no problems with groupings, and thanks everyone for all comments and replies, and one of the main reasons for joining you guys is to get faster and better, with all the help and information you guys provide it will make me better, but as I said I have no great hunger or desire to win as realistically I know I don't play enough when in against the big boys which some of you boys are, but i think i just was gutted as every time i have raced previously i have also been around people, even if its at the back, then i just raced myself for 90 mins, which is fine racing the clock for a while till you hit your ceiling/limit, but its the reason for practice races and i know Logic will work his magic and get a good formula to make interesting for us all whether at back or front or middle. p.s I love the car, drives good and looks awesome, decent sound by gt standards at least. PEACE TO EVERYONE.

Back