Streets is Real on the Cul De Sac - 2018 Toyota Camry

• Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 159 comments
So, Camry RZ is a rough equivalent to the Camry XSE here in the 'States? Or am I reading a little too much into that?

I just saw an ad for the new Camry. It looks a bit smaller and a bit better with those standard black wheels. Yet, that interior shown in the ad looks so cheap.

I saw it in person and its ugly as sin.

"So now we go live to our reporter Ollie Williams, so Ollie hows that 2015 Toyota Camry look?

ITZ UGLY!
5319.gif

"Thanks for that Ollie."

It looks like a modern day early 2000s Taurus with parts attached to it that not only don't go with the design language they don't make sense.

The rear in particular is soo badly Styled nothing can save it.

Im starting to think Toyota should stop making cars and just make Engine/Drivetrain packages and let other car makers do the rest, their designer is clearly on drugs and not the ones that inspire creativity, only pain.

How I see their Design team:

Aside from the standard stuff(two AC vents, center mounted display, and...well that's pretty much it) the two look pretty drastically different.

EDIT: And I guess both have round buttons, if you want to count that.

Aside from the standard stuff(two AC vents, center mounted display, and...well that's pretty much it) the two look pretty drastically different.

EDIT: And I guess both have round buttons, if you want to count that.

just referring to the low class look of the materials. Plus, that's 10 years difference in materials and technology. Where do these millions of yen and dollars go?

just referring to the low class look of the materials. Plus, that's 10 years difference in materials and technology. Where do these millions of yen and dollars go?
It's really cheap looking compared to the new Avensis:

Avensis is a midsize(European Market).

Also the Cruze is cheaply made, you can tell from the Avensis that everything on the Dash is Soft Touch with leather on the Centre of the wheel, only the glovebox looks to have hard plastic.

Certainly higher Quality then the Corolla and Camry.

Modern Toyota isn't leagues ahead of anyone, really. I'd argue that my '98 Celica has nicer materials than most mainstream vehicles these days, but, it was a different time with a very different economy.

What I like about the Camry interior, and the Corolla as well, is that stuff is generally where you expect it to be. There aren't too many switches and buttons jammed together (Honda), or too many materials raining down over one another (Chevrolet). That, and it has that weird effect of making the interior look so much bigger than what it actually is. Bonus, I guess?

My old '95 Camry felt more spacious compared to my '01 Accord and 2010 Camry Hybrid (last time I drove one). Even the Aurion felt more snug. Thats probably more atributed to making dashbords more cockpit like.

My old '95 Camry felt more spacious compared to my '01 Accord and 2010 Camry Hybrid (last time I drove one). Even the Aurion felt more snug. Thats probably more atributed to making dashbords more cockpit like.
We had a 91' Camry for a long time, and I agree it felt large inside (and it was zingy to drive...not like the Mazda6 or close but it wasn't a slouch). Only Camry that'll ever have a place in my heart. :3 👍

I think Toyota did a great job with the new Camry, and even with the new Corolla. Only knock is maybe the tail light design. I've seen a few of these on the road including the NASCAR Gen-6 Camry models. Handsome machines to me.

Back