Streets is Real on the Cul De Sac - 2018 Toyota Camry

• Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 159 comments
After looking in the latest Motor Trend magazine, I actually think the new Camry (and its NASCAR counterpart for that matter) look great. It surely looks better than the current Prius. There is plenty of sharp style done rather cleanly with the new Camry. So if I were to see one on the road or at the Houston Auto Show, I think it would be a nicely-styled car.

After looking in the latest Motor Trend magazine, I actually think the new Camry (and its NASCAR counterpart for that matter) look great. It surely looks better than the current Prius. There is plenty of sharp style done rather cleanly with the new Camry. So if I were to see one on the road or at the Houston Auto Show, I think it would be a nicely-styled car.

Anything looks better than the Prius :lol:

Have you guys seen the news on this car? 208 hp 186 ft lbs, 29/41 MPG. What the ****?

Double wishbone suspension all around that apparently is pretty good. This is class-leading stuff. Gotta applaud Akio. He's turning things around.

Have you guys seen the news on this car? 208 hp 186 ft lbs, 29/41 MPG. What the ****?

Double wishbone suspension all around that apparently is pretty good. This is class-leading stuff. Gotta applaud Akio. He's turning things around.
Not to mention a 300 HP V6.

Daihatsu gets a rebagded Camry, Daihatsu Altis.
altis_170710001.jpg
altis_170710002.jpg

altis_170710003.jpg

Hybrid leading the charge in sales
“The new Camry is doing well on the market, so it’s exceeding our plans at the moment,” he said. “But what’s really exciting for us is fact that over 50 per cent of our current orders are hybrid sales.

“That’s an exciting outcome for us over the volume. The volume is solid, very solid, but now we’re having an internal review on where we set the mix of hybrid versus petrol.

“We had a target of around 30 per cent, it’s currently running at 50 per cent – that’s very early post-launch, so we need to be careful. However … looking at the orders that have come in this month, they suggest this might be 50 per cent (again).

I actually think it looks pretty cool from the rear.

But the front, oy. More air dam was never the answer to the styling issues with the current car, and they slapped more of it on the entire range anyway.

Does it have Apple CarPlay? Because if not then I don't want it.
Yes.

Tech + Connectivity
With an available 1200-watt JBL® Audio system, 29 Entune™ 3.0, 31 Apple CarPlay™, 26 as well as Apple Watch® 27 and available Android™ smartwatch 32 compatibility, Avalon offers a wealth of technology that keeps up with you.
Source

AFAIK, yes.

Nice! It's about damn time they offered it. Living in rental cars, I refuse to rent Toyotas because none of the cars on the lot offer CarPlay. Basically Hyundai, Kia, GM, and Ford are the only companies that offer it universally on 2018 models it seems. The new Camry is actually a pretty decent car to drive and is very comfy but the lack of connectivity makes it a no-sell for me.

Nice! It's about damn time they offered it. Living in rental cars, I refuse to rent Toyotas because none of the cars on the lot offer CarPlay. Basically Hyundai, Kia, GM, and Ford are the only companies that offer it universally on 2018 models it seems. The new Camry is actually a pretty decent car to drive and is very comfy but the lack of connectivity makes it a no-sell for me.

There are aftermarket ways in order to add that functionality, but I agree, a first-party solution is always the best solution.

Back