Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT - AMOC & BSCC - Champions: Harsk, Pimiki and SimbaLoraFinished 

Sunday racing is no longer possible due to network instability. Please vote below as appropriate.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you like two stroke Saabs and you like Volvos, how about a V8 two stroke Volvo Amazon!
I don't use the word very often but "awesome" engine. I love 2 strokes.I don't think it's going to pass EU emissions though!
Nice find Sick

Something different from SAAB.
Ah, Saab aircraft. When I was a lad I was quite into aircraft and I think my two favourites were both Saab's

One was the Viggen which was ahead of it's time using the "swapped" wing arrangement.
Saab_viggen_1.jpg

But the best one was the Draken which looked like nothing else.
Draken_05.jpg

Just been on the Swedish rally.
I managed to get drunk, sober up and have a hangover in the same day, and now I'm playing some Gt6 rally to wind down from the day.
Feels kinda good actually, probably won't have a hangover tomorrow.
I strongly recommend to start drinking 06.00 and stop around 15.00. :D

It was a long time ago, that I had the energy to do that. :D
But you could say that this is practice for the summer when I plan to go on a long trip, and most likely gonna have to drink for more than one day. :D

Enjoy it while you can! - my drinking days are just a distant memory

In preparation for this afternoon's races at Fuji Speedway F enjoy this clip of a very good driver:

Like I said in the room last week, I won't be there today. I'm disappointed I'm missing half of my Mini races, since that's the car I was most excited to use again.

Like I said in the room last week, I won't be there today. I'm disappointed I'm missing half of my Mini races, since that's the car I was most excited to use again.

We will be using the Mini again in Historic BSCC 3 which comes up after the next championship - hopefully by then Sony / PD will have fixed their current network problems. The Mini is partnered with the Mini Marcos GT and the Renault 8 Gordini.

Historic BSCC3 Poster Final.jpg

Round 6 Fuji - Cancelled - Sony what have you done?

I don't know what Sony / PD have done recently (presumably they have decommissioned some of the PS3 servers?) but, the network is now unsuitable for online championship racing. Last week round 5 was cancelled. This week four ten minute races were held, but without qualifying and at a low quality setting - only three or four people were able to remain in the room long enough to complete these short races which therefore cannot count towards the championship results.

I will chat with the Stewards about trying alternative hosting arrangements for Round 7, but I am fearful that if Sony do not reinstate the previous network capacity soon, we will be forced to suspend or cancel the championship series.

I'll give up, I'll take a break from this championship and concentrate on other stuff.
I have a ongoing internet problem myself, so it's kinda sketchy anyway.
If or when I can or feel like it, I'll join you.
In the meanwhile I'll just sit back and follow you guys here. :)

View attachment 513414 On Google maps in street view, there's a picture of my Saab, our s80 and perhaps my wife's sisters car and a tent. :D
And we are sitting on the balcony. :)
They caught me on camera too a while back when I still had my white Primera.
Not on Google maps but our own swedish equivalent street view hitta.se
iiii.jpg

iiii2.jpg

It got smashed that following winter and I haven't tried repairing it since.
Still pay taxes on it though. :boggled:

DSCN1613.JPG

DSCN1614.JPG

DSCN1617.JPG

DSCN1621.JPG

DSCN1623.JPG

DSCN1633.JPG

You've got those brake vents fitted in the wrong place Jocke.
DSCN1614.JPG

Shame about Sunday guys. I could tell we were in for trouble when it took ages to log on and then the friends list slowly filled. Even slower the friends avatars appeared. So when I loaded up GT6 I was already expecting the worst. And sure enough I was correct - troubles aplenty.

They caught me on camera too a while back when I still had my white Primera.
Not on Google maps but our own swedish equivalent street view hitta.se

It got smashed that following winter and I haven't tried repairing it since.
Still pay taxes on it though. :boggled:
I like these old Nissan's, especially your Primera. 👍

Here's a video. (Note that it is in Spanish)

Hi Sick!

I recommend you to change day of the World Classic racing from Monday to Friday, so you won't have anymore connection issues. Network problems happen only on weekends. 👍

I believe Sick holds the event on a Sunday at 5pm because he works till quite late during the week and also of other family related commitments.

The Sunday slot is the only time he can get to "play" with any regularity. ;)

Until recently it's been working fairly well. It's just gone downhill over the last couple of weeks.

Hopefully we will get a successful meeting on Sunday without disconnections and invisible cars.

I have sent club invites to everyone who is not currently a member. I sent one to my second account and found that I had to enter the club number (1000875) before I could accept and join. When everyone has joined we will try hosting in the club to see if this improves connectivity.

On Sunday I have asked Lex Lathor (or Tarnheld) to host the meeting - they may have a more stable connection than me. I will also be getting advice from IfAndOr on how to optomise the setup of my PS3 and Router - I think everyone will need to do this - the PSN network has suddenly become very marginal - I presume that some servers have been decommissioned as it has become almost impossible to race in recent weeks. Hopefully the situation will improve, but in the meantime we must do everything we can to give ourselves the best chance of a stable connection and good race.

See you Sunday!

Looked good in the beginning, but got a lot of DCs, even a triple beep after DCing in the end. :( I reentered the room to watch the race but when it was over the room exploded? :confused::odd::ill:

Looked good in the beginning, but got a lot of DCs, even a triple beep after DCing in the end. :( I reentered the room to watch the race but when it was over the room exploded? :confused::odd::ill:
:indiff: Yeah. I got DC'd before the 1st race ended. Couldn't even get back in the room after that, it said: "room not found" and some weird numbers/error code. Gave up after a few tries. :(

Yes just dc after dc just got into race on just and lagged around for some laps and then dc again.Not interested inthis game it a joke.Not anyone's fault but the maker's and psn.:drool:... The game played ok last year.

Important Changes - All Drivers Please Read!

In view of the continuing network instability / connection problems the following changes apply with immediate effect:

Penalty Car: The AMOC penalty car (Ruf) is deleted.

Car Change: The car change is delayed until Round 10 (instead of Round 9).

Race Duration: Races will be shortened to 5 laps for those circuits with a lap time of approximately 1 and a half minutes and 4 laps for those circuits with a lap time of approximately 2 minutes.

Race Schedule: Races will start at 17:05 and will be held in quick succession (i.e. back to back). As a result of the short races people who are disconnected will have no longer than 8 minutes to wait before the next race commences. We will aim to complete as many races as possible between 17:05 and 18:55 GMT. (During Round 6 only 40minutes of racing was completed and during round 7 there was only 30 minutes of racing). We are therefore switching to a disconnection friendly race format of short races run back to back - there will be no waiting for drivers - people who miss the start of a race will attend the next race approximately 8 minutes later. It is hoped that this will enable the amount of racing per meeting to increase from the current 30 minutes to a total of around 90 minutes.

Qualification: This is suspended - there will be no qualifying until network stability returns. Race 1 is fastest first. All subsequent races are based on previous race results.

Championship Points: Results will be totalled and points awarded based on average position. This will enable the number of races to be increased without altering the potential number of points per round. The maximum points per round will therefore remain at 50 for BSCC and 25 for AMOC.

Connection: All drivers have an individual responsibility to optimise their own PS3 connection. All drivers should ensure that their PS3 is hard wired via Ethernet cable to their router (or if this is not practicable they should hardwire via "Powerline" adapters. I will ask those Stewards who have technical knowledge to post appropriate links and advice into the thread for information.

Cobra Endurance Cancelled: It is clearly not possible at the moment to host endurance races on the current PS3 network infrastructure - Cobra Endurance is therefore cancelled. It will be replaced with a new disconnection friendly series which is being developed.

Track Making Competition: This is unaffected - winning tracks will be used during the next series and the following series.

Round 7 from Red Bull Ring

Thank you to Lex Lathor for hosting this round. Unfortunately it was only possible to hold three ten minute races due to network instability / almost constant disconnections - hence the changes announced above. Results are given in the tables below. Points awarded to XK50 in the Historic BSCC races were reduced as his car failed scrutineering - he drove very well, especially in race two and I am sure would have achieved a very good result - good luck in the next round XK.

Round 7 BSCC Points.jpg

Round 7 AMOC Points.jpg

The following table shows the manufacturers points and also the drivers points in 1963. One big difference between 1963 and now is that in the past there were a number of excellent lady drivers competing at professional level. In 1963 there were four including Christabel Carlisle (a wet weather maestro) and the brilliant Anita Taylor - I presume that the increased costs of motor racing have made those responsible for the finances risk averse - they daren't risk investing in and discovering great women drivers.

In 1963 several great cars made their racing debut - the Mini Cooper S (1,071cc), the Ford Cortina GT, The Ford Cortina Lotus and the Ford Galaxie. We can see from the bottom table of fastest laps by class that the Jaguar MK2 was eclipsed by the Galaxie and that the Cooper S lapped virtually as fast as the Cortina GT. At one round the fastest small class car was the Ford Anglia Super (1,198cc).

The percentage table awards 100% to the fastest car (Class D) and the percentage difference to the fastest cars of each class can be seen. I don't suppose that Polyphony Digital will read this post, but if they did the Mini Cooper S, Ford Anglia Super and Ford Gortina GT should have similar performance in race trim while the Jaguar MK2, Ford Cortina Lotus and Mercedes Benz 300SE could be matched.

Round 7 BSCC Man Points.jpg
Round 7 BSCC Historic Points.jpg

Below Ford Works Driver Anita Taylor and other star lady drivers from the 1960's.

Round 7 BSCC Anita Taylor.jpg

Interview with XK50

1. What is the secret behind your speed?
Ha ha, I don't really have a secret behind my speed. I just always make sure I'm looking ahead, heel-toeing and not scrubbing my speed. I also never use a sequential gear box, I always use clutch and h-shifter (apart from once at the Nurburgring).

2. Do you use a wheel or controller?
As you may have guessed I do use a Logitech g27 wheel and shifter.

3. If you use a wheel, what sort of wheel and rig or stand?
I actually have a rig that was built by my-self and is really sweet!

4. How many hours per week do you practise?
I don't practice as much as I used to around 3-4 hours week depending.

5. How do you tune your cars - what do you start with first?
So the first thing I'll do is power and weight check I'm within limits! Then I normally ride a low car with firmer shocks around 1.5 and 2.0 camber. Then I'll run it see what it feels like and go from there. I run really neutral cars more often than not.

6. How long have you been playing GT?
I started playing GT around 2 years ago my friend introduced me to the series.

7. How old are you or is that private?

8. What does your family think of your hobby?
I think my dad is quite jealous that he couldn't of done what I do when he was my age but he supports me and my mum just moans and stuff.

9. What sort of car do you drive in real life?
I do own my own car I have a 1275GT Mini Clubman which is awesome to drive!

10. Do you drive fast in real life?
Pft hell Yh!

11. What car would you drive if you won a lot of money?
Probably a GTR or Pagani Zonda!

Next Round 8 from Midfield - Spaces - contact Sick Cylinder for details

Last edited:
Back