Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT - AMOC & BSCC - Champions: Harsk, Pimiki and SimbaLoraFinished 

Sunday racing is no longer possible due to network instability. Please vote below as appropriate.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Given up too, net feels like this:
bad-car-repair.jpg

What after 50 minutes try to start a race should we still be suffering with this game.:mad: good night.Max

I'm very disappointed that this race got cancelled.

Anyways, what about the BSCC Time Trial that we did? Does it count for points?

Round 5 Norschleife

Race Impressions

Below race action from Round 5 at the Nordschleife.

Round 5 Nordschleife Race Action.jpg

It was impossible to hold any races yesterday due to appalling service from PSN - I think this is the worst it has ever been. If this is continued on PS4 and GTS then I for one will not be paying and will not bother buying a PS4.

Championship Points

There is obviously no change in championship points. Fourteen people tried to attend the round - these people have had a zero entered against their name on the championship tables. To reward them for their efforts they will be allowed to drop one extra lowest scoring round.

A Time Trial was kindly hosted by Flaco, however the results from this will not count towards this championship as only a few people managed to attend and maintain a connection until the end of the time trial.

The Nordschleife round was cancelled due to network problems and will not be reheld as the tracks for this championship have already been scheduled, however a Nordschleife race will be added to the schedule for the next championship using the Cobra Endurance cars.

Round 5 Nordschleife BSCC.jpg
Round 5 Nordschleife Manufact.jpg
Round 5 Nordschleife AMOC.jpg

Interview with Mizo (HKS Mizo / Zmihalik)

1. What is the secret behind your speed?
Lot of practice with faster friends. Track and car knowledge.

2. Do you use a wheel or controller?
Both. I'm racing with wheel only. My wheel is Logitech G25

3. If you use a wheel, what sort of wheel and rig or stand?
Wheel on an old desk, I sit in an armchair.

4. How many hours per week do you practise?
A few hours before the race.

5. How do you tune your cars - what do you start with first?
1st the suspension, then transmission and differential.

6. How long have you been playing GT?
My first GT is GT3.

7. How old are you or is that private?

8. What does your family think of your hobby?
They accept it, out of focus.

9. What sort of car do you drive in real life?
Not applicable

10. Do you drive fast in real life?

I don't have driving license.

11. What car would you drive if you won a lot of money?
2003 Subaru Impreza WRC in rally championship.

Supported Car Suggestion - Ford Mustang - 1965 BSCC winner driven by Roy pierpoint

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...89-windsor-hipo-v8-1964.342320/#post-11224306

Supported Track Suggestion - Oulton Park

Video clip - Jim Clark Lotus 25 1963.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/oulton-park.298282/

Next Round 6 - Fuji Speedway F

Last edited:
I haven't seen so many disconnects since GT5, whatever caused was hopefully just a temporary glitch. Either that, or Nordschleife got offended by some of the comments here before the race and decided to take revenge on us ;)

To be on the safe side for future races I propose that we sacrifice a GTO to the mighty server God before we begin, to keep it in a good mood.

If it makes anyone feel any better the connection in Japan recently has been crap, especially on Saturday nights (around 1pm in the UK). When the "You have been signed out of PSN" message pops up every 5 minutes you know it's time to move on:banghead:

with or without RUF?

Without the Ruf - everyone made the effort to attend round 5 so no Ruf's at round 6 Fuji Speedway F.

The link to the supported car suggestion thread (Ford Mustang) has now been added to the Round 5 race report. Please click and vote even if you think you have voted before - a new thread had to be started because the original had not been posted in the correct format. I will also post the link here for convenience:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...89-windsor-hipo-v8-1964.342320/#post-11224306

Below: how I would love to be able to recreate this team in GTS or GT7 - the Australian Neptune Racing Team ran a Ford Mustang, Ford Cortina Lotus and Mini Cooper S - driver Norm Beechey took the Australian Touring Car Championship in 1965 in his Ford Mustang.

BSCC Mustangs 3.jpg

The colour is rather faded and the commentary is a bit cheesy in places, but what a period piece - A Neptune Racing Team promotional film recorded in 1964:

Last edited:
Thought I'd share a little something from my modest collection:

teknikensvärld.jpg

These are two issues of the magazine 'Teknikens värld', freely translated as 'The world of technology'.

The left one is number 2 2016 while the right one is number 24 1963. The magazine on the left is a special edition about classic cars, while the magazine on the right is about what was then contemporary cars. It's pretty funny that they both write about similar cars, but in the left it's as nostalgia and in the right it's as cutting-edge technology.

Both issues feature the Saab 96, although different year models and different trim. In the 1963 issue the Saab 96 is part of a sportscars test, which is interesting considering that it only had a 54 BHP two-stroke engine. According to the test it had good brakes, but poor top speed, acceleration and turn radius

The 1963 issue does feature some classic cars as well. Only back then, classic cars were cars from around the turn of the century. Much like today, these classic cars were admired for their style, and for bringing back a bit of the old times.

Thought I'd share a little something from my modest collection:

View attachment 512697

These are two issues of the magazine 'Teknikens värld', freely translated as 'The world of technology'.

The left one is number 2 2016 while the right one is number 24 1963. The magazine on the left is a special edition about classic cars, while the magazine on the right is about what was then contemporary cars. It's pretty funny that they both write about similar cars, but in the left it's as nostalgia and in the right it's as cutting-edge technology.

Both issues feature the Saab 96, although different year models and different trim. In the 1963 issue the Saab 96 is part of a sportscars test, which is interesting considering that it only had a 54 BHP two-stroke engine. According to the test it had good brakes, but poor top speed, acceleration and turn radius

The 1963 issue does feature some classic cars as well. Only back then, classic cars were cars from around the turn of the century. Much like today, these classic cars were admired for their style, and for bringing back a bit of the old times.
So, do you collect car magazines, right? I also collect car magazines. 👍

In would be interesting to know what cars a magazine from 40 years into the future would be looking back to and calling a classic car from the current period. A lot do seem bland and very similar to each other.

It's a shame Saab went by the wayside they always produced cars that were just a little bit different to the mainstream I thought. (Which perhaps didn't help them)

It's strange how Volvo and Saab were both bought by Chinese corporations, and Volvo is thriving and Saab is mostly dead.

Well, Volvo was sold as a perfectly healthy company for 1.8 billion USD.

Saab on the other hand wasn't sold. It went bankrupt while waiting for a deal and that was the end of it. After the bankrupcy, some of the assets were bought by NEVS, including the 9-3 model. But NEVS does not own the rights to the Saab brand, so they will have to call their cars something else.

So it's kind of like the difference between buying a living cow (Volvo) and buying the skin of a dead cow (Saab).

I miss SAAB, too. At least I'm always happy when I see one on the road, and I happen to see quite a lot of them still. I also have the Logo right in front of me most of the time on a working day:
DSC00210.JPG

About SAAB's fate it's very sad what GM did to them, safe to say they are to blame. Unfortunately SCANIA's isn't much better, they belong to VAG. I think that is even worse. A honest company such as Scania doesn't belong in that circle of liars and cheaters. In a perfect world, Scania and Saab would be independent of those foreign heartless money-making-machines and merge again to form a one Swedish company that produces great cars and awesome trucks. The best trucks, King of the Road.

scania_schuon2.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00211.JPG
    DSC00211.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 11
  • el salvador 1681.jpg
    el salvador 1681.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0690[1].jpg
    DSC_0690[1].jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_0693[1].jpg
    DSC_0693[1].jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0749[1].jpg
    DSC_0749[1].jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 11
  • scania_schuon1.jpg
    scania_schuon1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
The Saab Sonnet III is my favourite Saab, I've never seen one in person though and doubt I ever will. A solitary 96 a couple years ago is the only Saab I've ever seen built prior to 1980 I think. Classic ones aren't common here.
I had to look the Sonnet up. Interesting, I've not seen one either - or at least not know what it was. I can see why you like it, it's quite stylish. 👍

@Flaco13 you've certainly got a lot of buttons and switches to play with in that cab!

Back