Super 7 discussion

• Thread starter Populuxe
  • 43 comments

Populuxe

シアトル買い出し紀行
Premium
United States
Seattle-ish
Share codes, talk about challenges you've discovered, and challenges you've made.

Thanks to some very clever forum members, we've got a solution to the (so far) grindy nature of the game. If you take on challenges that are brand new, you can earn 5200 points. It makes getting the Austin 7 and Triumph TR7 a lot easier. I wish I had known that last night. It took me about 3 hours of straight grinding just to get the Austin.

Anyway, let's start sharing codes. I'll start with "Retire to Ambleside." There's nothing fancy about this one. Just drive from Edinburgh to Ambleside in a stock Austin 7. Take any route you like. You might find one faster than the one I took. Also, I hope you like classical music.

Last edited:
Challenge that no one else is playing: 5200pts
Challenges already played by one player: 200pts

Both are played from the new arrivals tab, but even if only one player has already played, there is such a difference in points. Be warned.

I think the system of getting higher points for challenges that no one else is playing is a good one, as it gives people an incentive to play new challenges.
But I would like them to have a little more balance...

I have to say I'm enjoying making challenges much more than playing most of what I've played of others, one I did quite like involved launching a Zonda off a huge ramp to land it through a pipe (501 163 708).

My own have just been an opportunity to share my favourite cars. I have no idea if the drift ones are difficult or not, I've been able to smash them myself, but I've got the Ford '32 Custom at the S-Bends (976 412 921), my Dubai police drift Veyron at Back Lane (907 245 978), my almost deliberately badly tuned Carabinieri Abarth 595 at Woodland Walk (176 579 989) and a drive from Edinburgh Castle to the farmhouse to the Southeast of the Southern end of the motorway in a fast (270mph) ARTA NSX GT with no aero and dubious suspension (483 538 300). I tried to come up with "funny" reasons for doing the latter three, but I'm not a comedian...

It does save custom liveries, right? Most of the ones I've done have had them.

Last edited:
It does save custom liveries, right? Most of the ones I've done have had them.
The tune, livery, and license plate (text and license plate attachment/removal) are likely to reflect those of the challenge creator.

In other words, if we create and share a challenge, it should be in a livery and license plate that is "safe" for others to see, and the tune should be somewhat easy to drive.

I played one challenge where we played a long-distance time trial in an wheelie-tune muscle car that reminded me of a drag build time trial events in an NFS Payback.:indiff:

Last edited:
the tune should be somewhat easy to drive.

I guess it depends on how much of a challenge you want to create! I've just done one that was called "Hot Wheels" and the description was "Achievement", the task was to jump something like 450ft off the danger sign Northwest of the festival site in a HW car. Not very exciting. And earlier on I did the VW IDR Obstacle Course by IPG Kart, that one was dumb - there was a big ramp at the start but if you hit it too fast and missed the landing zone then you'd have to try again, but obviously there's absolutely no way you could know how fast you'd need to hit the ramp so you'd probably assume (like I did) that it's designed so you just apply full throttle, which it isn't. Then when you restart the event, a bug rotates the car 90 degrees, pointing straight at the goal, which is just on the road below you so you can drive straight there.

I've made a few more. A speed trap in the 911 PO (176 604 015), a Crazy Taxi-inspired skill route thing which I think I've accidentally made quite difficult (411 730 770) and driving over the mountain in a rally tuned F40C at night in blizzard conditions, with maybe a slightly dubious message for today's youth (683 645 445).

Apart from the one with the '32 Ford I've mainly stayed away from using props, I haven't seen many inspiring uses for them except for a maze made of truck trailers that must've taken forever to build.

I've got two to share:
56okyqC.png

Share code: 126 552 565

This is the same one I posted in the general discussion thread. It's a bit on the long side, but not terribly difficult so long as you're paying attention. See if you can spot the dinosaur hiding along the road somewhere (I had to use those last few budget points somehow after all...);)

ZoQbbCa.png

Share code: 123 468 472

Since I had made the livery ages ago, I felt I should do something with it since this particular episode always was one of my favorites:

It's a fair bit shorter and you don't actually have a fat bloke bellowing at you from a Porsche turbo, nor the threat of infernal Peugeot drivers to worry about. You'll still have to do some bashing and hard driving to get to the destination in time. Just don't get too slam happy on your way there though.

Took me 20 minutes, but I finally beat one of DJS's challenges! It was called For Flying Out Loud!!!

This was my reaction:

Last edited:
I did a lot of new challenges last night, but there were a few where I looked at them and immediately noped the B button out of there. You can just tell it's going to be far more trouble than it's worth. Still, I did find some good ones that were the right amount of challenge and enjoyment.

By the way, this is a great way to fill out the Forza Promo challenge if you haven't done it yet. People are making challenges with all the cars, so just find a challenge with the cars you're missing and don't forget to take a photo while you're out there.

Last edited:
Challenge that no one else is playing: 5200pts
Challenges already played by one player: 200pts

Both are played from the new arrivals tab, but even if only one player has already played, there is such a difference in points. Be warned.

I think the system of getting higher points for challenges that no one else is playing is a good one, as it gives people an incentive to play new challenges.
But I would like them to have a little more balance...
I think the points scale based on how many people have played a challenge too, to a degree. There was a 30 second jump challenge posted by GreetedDust8 that was netting me 2,800 Influence every time I tried it; it was my go-to until I found the 5,200 trick.

I already hate this concept.

The problem is that the challenges tend to be arcane... think is not everyone is a "game designer" so you get stuff like "drive up this crazy ramp to get to this ski jump... clear 300m to pass"

Problem is the ramp is just there to make your life difficult and its pot luck if you hit the ramp right and you dont land on your roof.

I'm just 'burning' the cards to find one that isnt ridiculous.

Another one is a jump rally car challenge with random shipping containers on your route to hit.

I get that Playground thinks this is a cheap way to add content but the problem is farming out the content to your users makes for frustration.

Also looks like people are obsessed with Hot Wheels styled ramps.

Gotta admit, the ridiculous challenges I try to steer away from when I'm not bored. There was one of a obstacle course tower thing just to reach a danger sign. It was cool, but not something I want to deal with when I'm trying to level up quick. I already got the Austin, just need more fresh "clean" challenges to get the Triumph now.

Last edited:
I'm planning on making a bunch of simpler challenges more in keeping with FH3's Bucket Lists -- skill challenges, speed traps, that sort of thing -- with a minimum of props, just good old-fashioned "figure out how to get the most out of this specially-tuned car" tests. The one thing I really like about Super7 is that since I don't really share custom liveries or tunes, since I don't have the utmost confidence they'd be well-received, I could at least use it as an excuse to show off the unique builds I've made without actually putting them on the market. (Though I might just put some up for sale eventually anyways.) Sure, one could always go to the auction house and theoretically buy an AWD-swap turbocharged bodykit-sporting psychedelic-paint '73 Skyline I concocted, but this way people will have to drive the damned thing to experience it instead of just stashing it in their garage.

As for one thing I really dislike about Super7 that nobody's mentioned yet: PG gives it that name, and they don't use it as an excuse to drop in a classic Caterham? C'mon, we need more than just that Superlight R500.

Why the hell is there always this ridiculous animation at the start where someone is waving their arms at your character like they're a moron trying to explain nuclear fusion to a caveman?

I assume doing the super 7 is the path to getting these unique cars? The Jesko I can take it or leave it but I do like the S600 AMG Hammer V12.

I'm just going thru it to complete the achievements at the moment. I find the mode itself to be janky. Like if I select a route, lets say the tunnels to that speed trap. I start laying down some simple stuff, crowd, chevrons, etc. it's fine in the beginning. Smooth, quick.

Then I go down the long road with the drone and set down more stuff, for some reason, it starts to slow down. Like moving the camera forward to go down the route or even turning the camera around gets too slow, even when the "budget" has plenty left. So I'm not sure this mode is for long routes. I end just scrapping everything and quitting. There have been other times, after completing a challenge and getting back to the main map, some of the world models don't load, it's just blue.

Outside that, I'll try out the ones shared here.

Also a lot of the challenges push the engine outside of its limits.

You see a lot of the distance shots disappear into blank black squares as it runs out of VRAM???

You dont see this in the normal game as all the races are carefully curated as to not push the LOD and draw distance outside of what an Xbox One will do with 8Gb of ram.

The problem is that the challenges tend to be arcane... think is not everyone is a "game designer" so you get stuff like "drive up this crazy ramp to get to this ski jump... clear 300m to pass"

Problem is the ramp is just there to make your life difficult and its pot luck if you hit the ramp right and you dont land on your roof.

Another one is a jump rally car challenge with random shipping containers on your route to hit.

I get that Playground thinks this is a cheap way to add content but the problem is farming out the content to your users makes for frustration.

Gotta admit, the ridiculous challenges I try to steer away from when I'm not bored. There was one of a obstacle course tower thing just to reach a danger sign. It was cool, but not something I want to deal with when I'm trying to level up quick. I already got the Austin, just need more fresh "clean" challenges to get the Triumph now.
I largely agree. There were some odd ones in the playtest - one had a bunch of shipping containers and trains smooshed into a narrow, closed maze just big enough for the Peel. I found a lot of it creative enough, but not lots of fun.

The challenge I created was basically a route through Edinburgh, simply blocking off streets with arrows. I had to move a couple so you can see them further away and not attempt to take that street only to find it blocked and while you need a good run at it, the timer is about 5s slower than my own best, so it isn't easy but it isn't stupid either.

Last edited:
I already hate this concept.

It's the Mario Maker effect; without any real quality control beyond "the creator actually completed it", you're gonna get a lot of things that either aren't very creative, or are blatant attempts to break the game engine, or are only there for achievement collecting.

If there was a function to save a challenge without publishing it, I feel like that would cut back on some of the issue as people could have more time to properly refine and mess with their ideas instead of trying to get it all right in one session and then kicking it out the door when it's "good enough".

To be fair I would say the ones I played... I'd say 1/3rd or less are well crafted.... and they were the simple ones. They mirror the challenges that Playground themselves did to a large degree.

I admit that this took me a while to figure out. Besides, who reads instructions...? :D:lol: As I've already grown sick and tired of megaramps, this was a nice challenge. Thumbs up. 👍👍

Thanks! I thought this might be a nice change from all the stunt park style obstacles :embarrassed:

After playing enough Super 7 to get the Triumph, I'll probably never touch it again. Just not to my liking.

Give us Blueprint Builder for the Route Creator and it will have been worth it.

I like to experiment with building aerial pathways with a few not too difficult transitions to spice things up. I’m getting better with each attempt, but I still haven’t come up with anything noteworthy.

I also hope they’ll add more props in the future. Partly for variety but there’s arguably also need for longer variants of existing objects, as I find myself spending too much time stitching together those small ramps with yellow arrows on top. They are good for directional changes, but too small for straight ahead sections. I could use a truck trailer, but aesthetics matter.

The ability to save a creation in progress is another thing I’d welcome. It takes several hours to create something truly unique, and for this reason I find myself wrapping things up faster than I’d like to.

Timeless FM listening also suits this stuff very well, and I wish we still had access to most of the classical pieces found in FH3.

Last edited:
Has anyone figured out how the points are rewarded? Sometimes I would get 1,000 plus for challenges that a lot of people played and only 200 for ones that only a few have played, Other times I would get a pittance for popular ones and 1,000-2,000 for ones less known.

Has anyone figured out how the points are rewarded? Sometimes I would get 1,000 plus for challenges that a lot of people played and only 200 for ones that only a few have played, Other times I would get a pittance for popular ones and 1,000-2,000 for ones less known.
Yes,
Do New Challenges that no one has done yet to get the full 5200, then when you complete the challenge and it asks you to rate the challenge, don't choose "like or "dislike" and just select cancel and go onto the next challenge. Once you've completed the next challenge and repeat the steps above, you'll see the same challenge that you've already done but it won't say that anyone has done it yet and you can do the same challenge again and get the full 5200 again from the same challenge. Rinse and repeat until you get your 2 new cars or continue to max out at level 10. I did this method and maxed out to level 10 in no time.

I believe they said on the live stream it was down to success rate of the challenge, so the more people fail it the higher the influence for completing.

Ugh. Well I don't know too much since I only try it every now and then since it's not really at the top of my priority list. Is there a way to filter out the new events?

Ugh. Well I don't know too much since I only try it every now and then since it's not really at the top of my priority list. Is there a way to filter out the new events?
Scroll over to the new tab from the Challenges page. I'm not in front of the game but, its after Trending Today and PG's Picks. You'll find the New tab.

Latest Posts

Back