Super License

• Thread starter Swift
  • 125 comments
As long as you don't hit it too hard, it's OK.

The key for rallying is to enter with a huge angle at low speed and exit in a rather "strait" line at a higher speed as possible 👍

Blatantly... If the backend takes the punishment then no 5 second Pen/fail for you!!

I nailed all of the Hard Rallies easily using similar technique!!!

C.

I'm just ok with this game and dont play it continuously that often. I got back to it just this past week. S16 is the only one I have left. Tried it a few times tonight and I was 20 seconds off the mark. All bronze so far, I just wanted to complete them.

My experience with the rest of them...

S1 - Twin Ring Motegi Road Course; Honda Gathers Drider Civic Race Car `98
S2 - Citta Di Aria; Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto `66
S3 - Special Stage Route 5; Saleen S7 `02
--I had completed these a long time ago. Can't even remember what they were about.

So I started pursuing the S a few days ago.

S15 - Circuit De La Sarthe; Bentley Speed 8 Race Car `03
-- I did this first. Took about 30 minutes. Kinda fun. The straight following the hairpin at the end of the Mulsanne got me again and again. Go off just barely and you lose control.

S7 - Trial Mountain Circuit; Mercedez-Benz SLR McLaren `03
This is the only one I completed in two tries.

S4 - Costa Di Amalfi; Lancia Stratos Rally Car `77
S6 - Ice Arena; Hyundai Accent Rally Car `01
S14 - Chamonix; Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Rally Car `85
--Collectively, these three were the hardest and most frrustrating. Maybe for some, but I don't find them fun at all. :yuck:

I just finished S14 today. This after missing bronze by less than a second many times over the last few days. There is one rail in this you can't hit at all. I mean you can bump everything else but this one rail section. It's going downhill on the back of the course. Bump it slightly and you fail.

S5 - Seattle Circuit; Ford GT `05
S8 - Tokyo Route 246; Honda Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) `03
S9 - El Capitan; Dodge Viper SRT10 `03

Not very difficult. I think S5 might be the easiest of the three. I passed it while someone was talking to me (I wasn't even paying attention and holding a coversation at the same time). The trick here is to keep control up the hills. S8 was relatively easy too.

S10 - Grand Canyon; Mitsubishi Stallion 4WD Rally Car `84
Much like the other rally/ice/snow type tests, this was a pain. I think the time to do this one is what makes it so annoying. I never run those courses and dont' have time to learn every turn, but I sucked my way though it. Just tried over and over. It isn't a difficult as the ice skating tracks.

S11 - Opera Paris; Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 Phase 2 `03
Not all that hard. Knocked it out in about 5-7 tries. I hate this course with a passion, but the Renault is just slow enough to make it so you can't really go out of control.

S12 - Suzuka Circuit; Nissan Motul Pitwork Z (JGTC) `04
S13 - Infineon Raceway; Audi R8 Race Car `01

These two were tough. After lolly gagging around with the rally courses, you finally have cars with speed.

S12 was a nightmare. For a while I didn't think I would ever pass it. Early on I missed bronze by 1.2~ seconds, then proceeded to slide off the track trying to keep pace with the ghost car. Sometimes I didn't even get through the first few turns. There is also a blind right hand turn midway before a bridge through that the demo seems to fly through. I got lucky once but couldn't hit it perfectly again. It also takes time and effort to get that far to try. Finally I unloaded the ghost and started all over again. Off and on over three days, it took perhaps 4 total hours just on this one test.

S13 isnt that difficult once you get throught the first 3rd of the track. The elevation changes along with the turns just don't seem natural. I had to study the demo over and over to see how to do it. Thankfully it's at the beginning and not the end.

If anyone has problems, my best advice is to get a lap down that you can ghost - then race the ghost. Watch the demo from the drivers point of view and make note of how the demo brakes and uses the throttle. It might help to just pay attention to a certain leg of the track (usually at the start) and really get a good time in that section. Walk away if you get frustrated. Many tests I missed by a second or two, and in some cases I got worse after each try.

I hope the next version doesn't go so heavy on the licenses.

Trying to Gold Special Licence Tests (I have PAL version) is so damn hard!!~~

Argh, looks like I need more practice! Even S1 is giving me headaches best I can achieve is Silver! lol

Regards

someone help this poor kid with 79 golds!:( i've only got to get gold in S16 to get the Ford Model T!:(

nevermind, i got it!:)

IMHO getting all golds on all the liscenses is one of the funest features in the Gran Turismo series. So far I got all Missions completed which took me 5 days to do:sly: I got all golds on my licsenses as well, but just for the hell of it I am redoing the S lincence tests just to see how fast I can get all golds now that I am a lot better than I was when I first did it. And so far it has only taken me 4 hours to get gold times on S1-S8 I have improved alot. The way people should look at the liscense tests is a way to get mentally challenged, get more expeiriance and be the best they can be in their Racing skills. Also another grand prize of getting all golds on the liscenses, and getting 100% complition is the pride and glory you feel.:)

So I'd suggest to all GT players to try and accomplish these feats and become more skilled and proud Good Luck to Ya and enjoy!

By Justin Shyne Holliday

Where are the times for fastest coffee break completions? I pulled a 1min20 on the S coffee break, still a lot more room for improvement in the middle zig zag bit and the zig zags near the finish..

Where are the times for fastest coffee break completions? I pulled a 1min20 on the S coffee break, still a lot more room for improvement in the middle zig zag bit and the zig zags near the finish..

I did this in 1.19,560 the zig zacs i drove first foreward then backward and again foreward.

i wall ride Chamonix 3 seconds a head of the gold time

Sorry to burst your bubble but uhh I managed a 2:23.576 on S14(Chamonix) Without riding the wall driving manual.

Once you learn how to control the car on the low friction surface, it makes achieving a great lap time just that much easier..
Try sticking close to the inside wall with decent angle, you should just slide right around, ohh and plenty of revs :D

Now Ive got to strive for 100% game completion.. got all my 80 golds :)

Hmm...haven't posted in ages. But reading all this reminded me that I golded the test with the Hyundai Accent Rally Car on my first attempt. :sly:

You can all hate me now. :)

Only got to get silver on this to finish all the licenses without a bronze (Sometimes having to try again obviously).

S License Coffee Break
I did this in 1.19,560 the zig zacs i drove first foreward then backward and again foreward.
I did it in 1.04.xxx. I fly through the first turn (left), take that left u-turn thing into the dead end, reverse out through the shorter passage, across the initial junction, and into the dead end on the right. Throttle through the slalom, only getting the cones on the right, do the right turn at the end, loop around, get the left half of the slalom, then turn right again, take the passage out of the place and hope you hit the cones on the chicane!

Sorry if I didn't word it clearly, but it's possible to figure out if you think about it for a minute. I'm currently trying to get below one minute by being fearless in the slalom and trying to take down cones in reverse without losing it, but I'm still havng lots of trouble. Wish me luck!

I'm planning on getting these licenses soon, and I'm using the guide, but does anyone know where to find a video of all of these tests? I can only find S-16 and S-12, and a few other random ones.

I'm planning on getting these licenses soon, and I'm using the guide, but does anyone know where to find a video of all of these tests? I can only find S-16 and S-12, and a few other random ones.

Have you tried daan's website. he's got a variety of licence tests.
See his sig.

AMG.

While my machine gets fixed, thought I'd check my notes. I have a few licenses outstanding here, and what I would like is opinions from you uber meisters about which order to do them. I'e, go from easiest to hardest. But I will be honest to say, like SirBerra, I am not adverse to rubbing my way around. I mean, I need shortcuts at this level and will happily take a cheat if necessary, especially rallying. God I hate rallying, but today managed a 2.48.213. Can't get better yet, but will wall ride it if neccessary. Why, I hate it with a passion. Now S16, that I will do properly. So this is what I have left with current level, S1 silver, s3 bronze, s5 silver, s8 bronze, 9, bronze, 10 and 12 silver, 13 and 15 bronze, 16 silver. So which order would you tackle them. Yes I know I have to do all of them at sometime, but I am more interested from you long time players, where you would rate them in order of easy/hard. Off topic I only have the two slaloms left to gold, all other outside of S license are gold. Thanks for your opinion. 👍

If you're just looking to go easiest to hardest, I'd probably rank them something like this:

S10, S16, S9, S13, S15, S8, S5, S3, S1, S12.

Difficult to really say though, it's quite individual I would think.
S3 has a decent gold time, but the Saleen S7 is so much fun to drive.
S16 is very easy if you know the Ring, and the car is great, though it understeers somewhat.
S5, using the Ford GT, is perhaps my favourite track, but the car handles like a boat. Sounds good though.. :)
S1 always gives me problems, I think it's mostly due to the extremely short braking distances of that car, it throws me off. The gold medal guide is quite helpful with that one, very specific with regards to braking points and such.
The 350z race car, S12 is on a complicated track and with a good gold time. Probably the hardest of them all in my opinion, though the car is fantastic.

The R8 at Infineon and the Bentley at Le Mans are not too difficult once you get used to the speeds.

Overall I find the S-license the easiest of them all, provided you know the tracks by heart. Full lap-tests gives more room for errors, whereas the shorter test usually require close to flawless driving.

Thanks. Think I gotta pracitce a lot with the Saleen. Don't know the track at all. I seem to be able to improve my times a bit on all the others each time I tried, but the Saleen, just not happening for me. Practice, practice. I do keep looking at the video's for clues and tips. Thanks to everyone who posts them. they really do help.

Last edited:
Thanks. Think I gotta pracitce a lot with the Saleen. Don't know the track at all. I seem to be able to improve my times a bit on all the others each time I tried, but the Saleen, just not happening for me. Practice, practice. I do keep looking at the video's for clues and tips. Thanks to everyone who posts them. they really do help.

I've been considering converting all my S-license replays into videos. Is there any particular camera-angle you'd prefer?
I always drive with the bumper-cam, but most videos seems to use the chase-cam..

The 3 I am having most trouble with are S3, S8 and S13. Just can't find the trick with them. All the others I have got silver or gold on, but these? For some reason, I can't get to grips with the cars. Looked at the video's but for some reason, the pattern eludes me. Suppose its all about practice and finding the way, but the Saleen, can't figure it. The same with the NSX, but with the audi, I know its because I don't like the track.

The NSX at Tokyo and S7 at SS5 can be a bit weird. You're racing down the straight, heading for the finish line feeling pretty good about your lap.
Then you end up 2 seconds off the gold time, with no clear understanding of where you lost all that time.
Try looking at your splits to find out where you're not going fast enough. As for the Saleen, a good general tip is to brake earlier. And when you think you're braking too early, brake earlier..

The Audi is somewhat similar, it requires patience to be fast.
And again, look at your splits. Focusing on one section at a time is usually an effective way of conquering these tests.

Keep at it, you're too close to give up now.👍

Thanks man. I'll keep trying. I've gotten to 70 golds now, so I'll do the rest. But am taking a break from them. Gonna do something to my wheel if I keep trying..... So gonna go do something more relaxing for a while. Mission 34 :-) And when I get cheesed off with that I'll come back and mop those last few up. But I think the cones are going to be the ones that mean I don't get to 80.

If by cones you mean the last Coffee Break, it's not needed to get 80 golds.
Keep trying, man. Perseverance is needed to gold them all. I know this because I spent my previous summer vacation golding the licenses :) The Saleen test, however, caught me surprised the other day. I remember I cheated it back in 2008 using wallriding. However, this year I golded it on my second try by over 0.300 than last time :lol:

That's one of the good things of this game. You get faster every year, provided you still like and play the game.

Thanks. But I meant the cones on IB6 and 7. Still working on the Saleen and every now and then mission 34. I'll get them. But those cones, hmmm.

Back