Super License

• Thread starter Swift
  • 125 comments
This Saleen is really being a pain. I'm now comfortable getting silver 9 times out of 10, but for some reason I can't find those last 2 seconds. Yes, I know its me and not the car, after all, loads of others have done it. Everytime I push it, it breaks away. Does it need full braking or just light taps. Have looked at alhajoths video, can't find where I'm losing time. Or how you keep the speed up. Guess its more trying.

Finally after 5 hours today, beat it. Not by much, and it was scrappy, but the game allowed it, so it counts. Next to finish off the GT40 one.

Last edited:
Yay!:cheers:

The Ford GT (You're talking about Seattle right?) is more of the same really. Brake very early, and focus on your exit speed. The car is jumpy and understeers like hell, so you need to go slow to go fast..:sly:
The gold time is weaker than the Saleen one though, so hopefully you'll get there quicker.

Brake very early, and focus on your exit speed. The car is jumpy and understeers like hell, so you need to go slow to go fast..:sly:

Indeed.. You better brake earlier than too late, because it's faster this way.. Also throttle control is important, because if you give too much throttle through corners, you'll get understeer, which is not funny in any way :indiff: ..

Thanks all for the congrats. I get stubborn with the things. I pick one and stick with it till its done. But the GT seems more like the superbird. That was a dog till I understood it. Figure the gt handles near enough the same. But as long as I get the last 9 golds and Mission 34 I'll be happy. So I got until GT5 comes out to get them. But the Saleen was a downer. But hey, back up now and positive. Thanks alhajoth for your video's. Real helper. And thanks to everyone for the advice.

Thanks all for the congrats. I get stubborn with the things. I pick one and stick with it till its done. But the GT seems more like the superbird. That was a dog till I understood it. Figure the gt handles near enough the same. But as long as I get the last 9 golds and Mission 34 I'll be happy. So I got until GT5 comes out to get them. But the Saleen was a downer. But hey, back up now and positive. Thanks alhajoth for your video's. Real helper. And thanks to everyone for the advice.

You have plenty of time then. :lol::lol::lol:

Can somebody help me with the Peugeot test? I only need that one and the Merc and I'll be done.

I assume you mean S14 - Chamonix; Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Rally Car `85

Did you view the vid created by Alhajoth post #82.

There are also a couple of wallrides that can be safely completed if you feel the need.

Basically, if you didn't figure it out from alhajoth's video, the key is to go extremely slowly. Doing that will ensure you don't make the common mistake on snow of running really wide and spinning your wheels, when keeping tight to the inside is much faster, and at the same time reduce the likelihood of spinning or of hitting walls (and thereby getting a fail). The gold time really does allow for you to tiptoe around the track and still have plenty of time to spare: when I first golded it, I actually spun out completely coming out of (I think) the second-to-last corner, but made a pretty slick recovery and still snuck in under the gold time. You can afford mistakes and cautious driving, but you can't afford a fail, obviously.

Just wanted to say thanks to alhajoth for posting his video's. Thanks to them I have onlly 4 golds left to get in this section. 8,9,12,16.
And thanks to all who post tips. They really help.

Audi R8 and Ford GT are out of the way then?
Congrats! 👍

The Viper at El Capitan is not too hard, but then I've spent more hours on that track than all the other tracks combined.
Same with the Merc at the Ring, if you can, do the 4hour endurance race at the ring first in a similar car, and the license test will be a breeze.

The Suzuka-test is probably the hardest of the lot, but with patience, you'll get that one as well. :)

Yep. R8, GT40 and the Bentley are history.
Thanks.
Still think the cones are gonna stop me. But lets be honest. Still got a lot of time before GT5 comes out.
To be honest, this is my first time through the game. My goals for this save is to get all cars, all licenses gold and all missions. Next save, Gold, plus all missions then I'll start with the manufacturers races.

Down now to just 16,12 and 8 left to gold. As well as the cones in IB.
75 got, 5 to go.

Last edited:
Recently, I've been refining my license test times, and some have made it near the top of the leaderboards at GTRP. Since I know that there are still a few people trying to pass or gold licenses, even with GT5 being released in a few months, I thought I'd share the runs of mine for each license that have made it into the top 15 at GTRP. I apologize for the low quality.

I got to say that all you guys who got gold in the license tests are amazing or have the patience of a saint.
I just managed to get all bronze the tests (playing japanese version), though most of them were pretty easy and I even managed to get a few silvers, getting all Gold would give me grey hairs or cost me my marriage and/or my TV, from me throwing the controller through it.
It has taken me all week to get Bronze on the S-16 test, which is to beat a time of 6:43 using a Sauber Mercedes C9 on the Nurburgring.
The car is so quick and the steering is ultra light that the slightest bump in the right or hit a curb in the wrong place would have me spinning out of control, which is so frustrating when you are 2/3 thirds of the way around the track.
When I finally beat it last night, with a time of 6:23 I was thrilled but at the same time ashamed. I used to think I was a racing guru but unfortunately at the age of 37, I just don't have the time to dedicate the hours need to really get good at this game, what with a full time job, 3 kids under 5 including a 4month baby, a loving but chatty wife and the need to sleep, I just don't have time.
The level of concentration needed to do really well in the tests means I can only play the game when everyone is tucked up in bed. I have got some serious dark bags under my eyes from staying up late all last week trying to beat this damn tests :-)
At least now I can playing the game proper without having the thought of still having to complete the tests weighing me down.

Anyway, I would to say congrats to everyone who has got all golds.
P.S. Here is a video of an expert doing the same test in a crazy time of 5:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck5l8zJmRWw

Thanks for the vids Austin343. I'll be using them as well as alhajoth's. So with a bit of luck I can get them and mission 34 done before GT5 comes out.

That's very good, ajbownes, and it's a route that pretty much anyone could follow to achieve gold. I have to break the news to you though, that there is a faster route, utilized by jmgyro in this video to achieve the second-best time ever, according to GTRP, the most popular GT time database among the fastest drivers. It's an amazing run, too :eek:, and a real pleasure to watch.

S-14 is absolutely the crappiest test in this game. I have tried everything and can't get just the bronze. If I ride the insides my time is always too slow. If I try to wall ride I eventually slip off across the track and fail-bump the other side. Spinning is a constant problem and whoever said you don't fail if the back end hits is totally wrong. I've failed because of that more times than anything else. It's pointless to me because other than Special Conditions Hall they're is no ice/snow racing, so why require it to pass a test?

S-14 is absolutely the crappiest test in this game. I have tried everything and can't get just the bronze. If I ride the insides my time is always too slow. If I try to wall ride I eventually slip off across the track and fail-bump the other side. Spinning is a constant problem and whoever said you don't fail if the back end hits is totally wrong. I've failed because of that more times than anything else. It's pointless to me because other than Special Conditions Hall they're is no ice/snow racing, so why require it to pass a test?

Because it's there. And it's required to get to 100%. And for an average player like me that's enough.

I know that's no help. But it's the best answer I have. But once you do it you join a better club. It's one step up from the I have the game and I play it alot and think I am pretty good but I don't want to complete the game club or something like that.

Or you can think to yourself that there is something that oldmodelt can do that you can't. After a few sleepless nights with that in your mind. You should be more than determined to do it. Watch the vids. Practice in arcade until you know the course in your sleep. It's wasn't as hard(for me) as #34.

Keep plugging away. Rome wasn't built in a day. Good Luck.

I've made what might be my last run at the S-license tests.

(This one is third at GTRP.)

(This one is fifth at GTRP.)

(This one is second at GTRP.)

(This one is fifth at GTRP, only slightly behind third.)

I still can't gold S16. But still trying.

Keep at it. I have full confidence that you can pass it.

The Mercedes 190E 2.5 Evolution '91 is just wonderful to drive on the 'Ring

.....and there's no 2 minute wait!!

Good luck,
GTsail

Thanks. We have moved house, so I haven't had time to get tp it. But at least I've now got time since GT5 is delayed. I'll keep trying.

Latest Posts

Back