Super Mission 4 is a nightmare!

• Thread starter Devil240Z
  • 36 comments
United States
Olympia, Washington
Devil240Z
Every time I am on track to get gold the last guy always blocks me in the last corner and I either hit him and lose or lose too much speed and get silver or go off track. How do I get around this guy?

And I got it like two tries after posting this...
2014-02-14%2012.48.04.jpg

Keep pushing before the last two corners. You have to overtake before the chicane. Than it`s easy. Sounds smartass-ish but I had to learn it the hard way, too. You can do it!!! :)👍

Keep pushing before the last two corners. You have to overtake before the chicane. Than it`s easy. Sounds smartass-ish but I had to learn it the hard way, too. You can do it!!! :)👍

not at all man. i had to push myself further and further.. until gold was achieved, and it was all good!! :D :clap:

I didn't find this one too difficult, the next frustrated the hell outta me (Veyron around Ascari - my bogey track - not much time on it to learn it properly, and avoided to tell you the truth).

I didn't find this one too difficult, the next frustrated the hell outta me (Veyron around Ascari - my bogey track - not much time on it to learn it properly, and avoided to tell you the truth).

That is the license test though (Veyron around Ascari).

As for missions it took me a while to gold S5. I don't often use the Nordschleife so I really had to do a bit of track learning. Especially due to part of it being at night and the fact that you need to be quite smooth with the Ford.

That is the license test though (Veyron around Ascari).

As for missions it took me a while to gold S5. I don't often use the Nordschleife so I really had to do a bit of track learning. Especially due to part of it being at night and the fact that you need to be quite smooth with the Ford.

Oh yeah, my bad - sorry

problem is - (i saw it mentioned somewhere else) 'It drives like a dump truck'... so hard to corner without kicking your wheels out and spinning around... love this game though!!! The sound of the Veyron is priceless!

The only Mission or Lecense trial I recall having any real difficulty with were the Castrol Supra vs Super GT NSX and GT-R Mission and Veyron @ Ascari License but patience prevailed with both. The Lotus benefits from some more aggressive cornering when Skid Recovery Force is used. I ended up playing with the GT on S5 because driving the GT40 as hard as I could meant losing the GT's headlights which helped illuminate the track.

problem is - (i saw it mentioned somewhere else) 'It drives like a dump truck'... so hard to corner without kicking your wheels out and spinning around... love this game though!!! The sound of the Veyron is priceless!

I'm beginning to hate the Veyron (if that's even possible) cause I can't get anything but a 2.20.2 to 2.20.9 at Ascari. It is driving me crazy.

--Followed a couple of tips from here and bronzed it, finally. Man, I'm outta here after that. I'll come back to that MUCH later to try and gold it. :-)

Last edited:
I'm beginning to hate the Veyron (if that's even possible) cause I can't get anything but a 2.20.2 to 2.20.9 at Ascari. It is driving me crazy.

--Followed a couple of tips from here and bronzed it, finally. Man, I'm outta here after that. I'll come back to that MUCH later to try and gold it. :-)
Gold wasn't so hard you really got brake early/a lot, but man it's not a fun car to drive.

Super Mission 5, Nordschleife with Ford GTs, is mine (nightmare), 17 secs off gold...

Don't follow suggested gears on Ascari, there's a few corners that you can blast through in 5th but the game suggests 3rd or 4th...

And a few hairpins where the game will suggest 2nd and you'll need to downshift to 1st.

Generally speaking, you should take corners slowly; avoid the dreadful understeer that affects the Pug by avoiding the throttle. Keep in mind that the car has the torque and power of a truck.

And a few hairpins where the game will suggest 2nd and you'll need to downshift to 1st.

Generally speaking, you should take corners slowly; avoid the dreadful understeer that affects the Pug by avoiding the throttle. Keep in mind that the car has the torque and power of a truck.

That's for sure.

I did the one with the Lotus preety easily, the one that´s really hard is the Veyron arround Ascari, still trying it every day, bronze so far...

The only Mission or Lecense trial I recall having any real difficulty with were the Castrol Supra vs Super GT NSX and GT-R Mission and Veyron @ Ascari License but patience prevailed with both. The Lotus benefits from some more aggressive cornering when Skid Recovery Force is used. I ended up playing with the GT on S5 because driving the GT40 as hard as I could meant losing the GT's headlights which helped illuminate the track.

Yeah, that IA SuperGT mission is killer, but I've always kind of struggled with the "ess curve" section at Suzuka. Can't seem to find those last two-tenths of a second to get Gold :banghead:

That one, and S-licence 4 (Aventendor @ Brands) and S-5 are the only things I've yet to gold, including coffee breaks.

Watch this guy drift around to a 2:07 on S-5 License... I don't even... how the...

Watch this guy drift around to a 2:07 on S-5 License... I don't even... how the...

This isn't all that difficult to do once you have the hang of it, I am down to a 2:09.6 so far and I know I can go lower.

Did 2:09.1 a few weeks ago, but it was flagged midway round for catching a curb slightly too much.

Yeah, that IA SuperGT mission is killer, but I've always kind of struggled with the "ess curve" section at Suzuka. Can't seem to find those last two-tenths of a second to get Gold :banghead:

That one, and S-licence 4 (Aventendor @ Brands) and S-5 are the only things I've yet to gold, including coffee breaks.

Another perfect example why the wheel is WAY better than the DS3 controller, if I tried drifting around like that with the DS3 I'd get a slow lap time, the car wont turn good at all on the DS3, the way I see it is if you don't have a wheel don't expect to gold this, some people might be able to but it's near impossible even to get bronze with the DS3.

I've got a wheel and I was happy to just finally get bronze and be done with it (for now). Heck, I just watched that video of the guy pulling a 2:07 and I swear, if I cut some of those corners the way he did I was disqualified, for even less (off the track). Plus, I was paying attention to his throttle input and brake input. Again, I swear when he was full throttle in some turns the Veyron would just plow for me. I must be wrong...I'm not claiming his driving wasn't on the up and up. It just makes me scratch my head. I was DQ'ed probably 20+ times just going thru that first chicane to start the test. I wanted to kick my PS3 through the wall.. LOL

Another perfect example why the wheel is WAY better than the DS3 controller, if I tried drifting around like that with the DS3 I'd get a slow lap time, the car wont turn good at all on the DS3, the way I see it is if you don't have a wheel don't expect to gold this, some people might be able to but it's near impossible even to get bronze with the DS3.
Here is proof of an ds3 vid .....

You just need practice ... I hated the Veyron in GT5 ...thanks to this test I love it in GT6

Here is proof of an ds3 vid .....

You just need practice ... I hated the Veyron in GT5 ...thanks to this test I love it in GT6

Like I said, it's not impossible but it's a lot harder than it is with the wheel. I always hear people saying how the wheel is harder, I will never agree with this statement mainly due to the fact that the only real work that needs to be done is to keep the wheel itself in check, if you allow it to go left and right it will cause the car to spin but other than that it's insanely easy to use a wheel, I used to own one but got rid of it, smoking the front tires on every turn and drifting around isn't real driving at least with the DS3 you deal with constant under steer even with the steering sensitivity at 7.

My S-5 2:09.6 lap at Ascari in the Veyron is done with a DS3...... here is the replay files if anybody would like to view it or use it for ghost purposes. 👍

EDIT: Managed to make a video of the lap with my phone.....for easier viewing if you don't want to use the PS3 files.

:D

Attachments

• GT6_Super_Licence_Test_S-5_[nowcontrol].zip
    426.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
view it or use it for ghost purposes.
how would I do that? (see your ghost on my ps3)

I golded it with DS3 controller... less than 30mn from first run to gold medal, and I'm not really good.

how would I do that? (see your ghost on my ps3)

Steps to transfer a GT6 video file from one PS3 to another:

Uploading:

1) Export Video file to PS3.
2) In the PS3's XMB menu go to the Saved Game Data section.
3) The GT6 video file is visible in the same place where your GT6 save file is located, but it is a separate file.
4) Copy the video file to a USB memory stick (flashdrive, thumbdrive, etc).
5) Transfer it to a PC.
6) Zip the entire PS3 folder or the individual video file folder (make sure the USB drive was empty so you don't send Game Save, or unwanted videos, pics; I suspect you could even transfer several different video replays at once with a single zipped PS3 folder).
7) Click "upload a file" below the GTP text box: it's just right of the "post reply" button.

Downloading (reverse the process):
1) Download the file to your PC then USB memory stick; Or directly to your memory stick. make sure the file folder is in folder 'X:\PS3\SAVEDATA' on the USB stick.
2) Go to the Saved Game Data section in the PS3's XMB.
3) Go to your USB memory stick.
4) Copy the GT6 video file to your PS3.
5) In the GT6 replay gallery (within the game where your replays are located) you "import" the video file to GT6.
6) Play video file to your heart's content.
7) If it is a best lap replay you can import it into the time trial and race against the original driver.

I have uploaded the files, now you need to do the download part. 👍

Last edited:
Back