Super Unofficial DiRT 4 Thread (PS4/XB1/PC)

  • Thread starter Thread starter The Stig Farmer
  • 1,263 comments
  • 130,863 views
I guess I can live with the 6th then

:D





Strange though with the split dates. Although already seems like it's been out for weeks with all the early access footage. I really need to stop watching them
 
If you're gonna put Rally Cross or Land rush as a feature then support it properly.
The focus of the game is clearly on rallying, and Codemasters is a small studio. For all the time they spend on rallycross and land rush, they have to sacrifice something else.
 
I'd rather they'd get rid of Landrush and put some more tracks into Rallycross tbh.

Well, wish that they support this game with additional content on the future.

Imagine like 3 more locations for rally and more 5 rx tracks. That would be awesome.
 
I guess I can live with the 6th then

:D



Strange though with the split dates. Although already seems like it's been out for weeks with all the early access footage. I really need to stop watching them


I actually think it's the 6th worldwide and the 9th in Europe despite what the publisher says. I have a US account and get it the 6th. My Argentine and Mexican league buddies also get it the 6th. And last night I was playing WRC 6 with a Kiwi who also gets it the 6th.
 
We don't get it until the 9th, but that works just fine by me - even if it were available on the 6th, I wouldn't be able to get it until the 9th.
 
I'd rather they'd get rid of Landrush and put some more tracks into Rallycross tbh.

Well, wish that they support this game with additional content on the future.

Imagine like 3 more locations for rally and more 5 rx tracks. That would be awesome.




If I recall D3 had some extra content post release so I'll assume there'll be this time - another rally and RX locale would be appreciated.
It's nice to have the variation and not gymkhana, I didnt care much for that. The little Moto powered open wheelers look pretty nuts
 
Me, too. The SSS's in WRC 6 are, in a word, awesome.
Monaco was my favorite in DiRT 3
 
Hmmm, I never bought the DLC...
Monte Carlo was good, but it was the sort of thing that should have been in the game when it was released. Shibuya was just a remake of the rallycross stages from Dirt 2.
 
Preload is up for the PS4 US version!

I don't see it downloading anywhere. Where do I look?

EDIT: Found it in the Library!
 
Last edited:
Couldn't resist the pre order for the Hyundai R5, as a massive HPaddon rally fan.

JB had it for $69 in Oz. Not sure when it will arrive, but I feel a dirty obsession coming on.
 
Fingers are crossed its Friday.
 
Fingers are crossed its Friday.
There's no reason to believe that it won't be. The distributors should already have it; retailers should receive their shipments tomorrow or on Wednesday (depending on when they get stock). I've never known a retailer - especially the big ones, like JB HI-FI or EB Games - to miss a release date.
 
There's no reason to believe that it won't be. The distributors should already have it; retailers should receive their shipments tomorrow or on Wednesday (depending on when they get stock). I've never known a retailer - especially the big ones, like JB HI-FI or EB Games - to miss a release date.
More thinking the mail in country Vic may slow it down. Hope you're right.
 
More thinking the mail in country Vic may slow it down. Hope you're right.
That is potentially a problem. The release date is the ninth, but that may only mean that it will be mailed out on the ninth.
 
My game downloaded last night, just over 11GB? Pleasantly surprised it's out tomorrow (the 6th) since I've been assuming the 9th was the release date the whole time. Can't wait to play!
 
My game downloaded last night, just over 11GB? Pleasantly surprised it's out tomorrow (the 6th) since I've been assuming the 9th was the release date the whole time. Can't wait to play!


Wow, I figured at least 40gb
 
Wow, I figured at least 40gb
Same, and it must be closer to 40GB right? Dirt Rally was 43 I think. Maybe the 11GB pre-download is enough to start the game while the rest downloads on launch day, something like that.
 
It is 35.18GB with patch 1.02 installed - disc version.
 
Yeah I pre-ordered and downloaded a moment ago and I've got 32 & change

Thought 10 was a bit odd, that's like older hardware numbers
 
upload_2017-6-5_19-21-36.jpeg


upload_2017-6-5_19-21-6.jpeg

:cheers: Game feels great with DS4, both in gamer and sim handling.
 
Nice. What's the village shot, Spain?
How's the new tarmac feel
 
Yup, Tarragona- Spain. Car feels more grippy on the tarmac, you can feel the difference while coming from gravel.
 
Can anyone do donuts on tarmac on sim mode (Quattro S1 E2) and upload the video? Thanks!
 
Back