Super Unofficial DiRT 4 Thread (PS4/XB1/PC)

New Road Book detailing Landrush. The Speedcar Xtrem crosskart will be drivable in both rallycross and landrush disciplines.

maxresdefault.jpg

Nice!

Have they revealed all locations? I cannot imagine buying this game if there are no Finnish forests and Col de Turini.
As far as we know, they have revealed all of the locations. They have definitely confirmed that Finland and Monte Carlo will not be in the game, but Michigan will be a Finland replacement.

As far as we know, they have revealed all of the locations. They have definitely confirmed that Finland and Monte Carlo will not be in the game, but Michigan will be a Finland replacement.

That's unfortunate. I wonder why Codemasters would want exclude existing assets from DiRT Rally even though a small handful players may be able to run the stages without a co-driver.

Not happy that the Hyundai is pre-order. I don't care about all the other perks but a completely unique car is a big no-no. I hope it comes down later as DLC for those who missed out and/or are consciously against pre-ordering.

Despite all the good things they are trying to do, some things just never change I suppose...

I don't care about all the other perks but a completely unique car is a big no-no.
To Codemasters' credit, they had a choice between creating a completely unique car or taking a car already in the game and reassigning it as a pre-order bonus. Most developers would just do the easy thing and reassign an existing car, but Codemasters took the time and the resources to get an additional car into the game.

To Codemasters' credit, they had a choice between creating a completely unique car or taking a car already in the game and reassigning it as a pre-order bonus. Most developers would just do the easy thing and reassign an existing car, but Codemasters took the time and the resources to get an additional car into the game.

There is a third option: don't have a pre-order bonus. Or at least don't include a main game content like exclusive cars or tracks. Liveries, extra cash/XP or whatever is ok. Making cars pre-order bonus is only ok if it's to make them accessible from the start. By playing the game normally all other players should still be able to access them.

Team management looking very detailed. Get a better PR agent to negotiate better sponsor contracts, upgrade your garage to buy more cars. Cars can be bought and sold, and their resale values takes damage and competition history into account; new cars are bought from the dealership while classic vehicles are bought from classified listings which appear to rotate(?).

I hope Codemasters fix the physics on DiRT 4, because DiRT Rally was torture. Plus, it releases in my birth month! SO HYPED!

Toyota will never allow the ST205 to appear in a game, given its reputation.
Blasphemy! You can't have a rally game, without that special Celica from the 90's! Cheating, or no cheating!

Last edited by a moderator:
The livery selector in GRID was good enough. More games should have a livery system at least as robust as that, with a decent set of patterns.

Yeah I like it too but I don't like how it's the same design for all your cars. I wish you can have one livery for one car since most designs don't look good on all cars.

I loved the team branding options in the original GRID, and if this is anything like that it would be amazing. Would be even better if they incorporated it into the career, like in GRID, with you earning more sponsors for winning more prestigous race events.

Back