Supercar Handicap Championship, It's over folks. Massive thankyou to all who took part.

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 277 comments
Hi all.
Does everyone have numbers on their cars??

My cars are now all purple and orange. However as 88 is taken does anyone object to me using one of the following numbers?
8 or 48 or 69 or 888?

Thanks

Looking forward to racing tomorrow!

:cheers:

You'll definitely need the Ferrari Paul, because that's the car you will start in. However, whether you drive it, the Lambo or the McLaren in the second race will be determined by the results of the first. To be fair, since you're not in practice right now, it's more likely to be the Lambo. But who knows, you have got a turn of pace when you're in the groove.

@Venari @AndreasR @Famine @Team_SWE_1 @JockeP22 @buybon355 @CrazyJohn @Holsy @Mr Gear @Koutch_Pro Fellas, I'm assuming that you are turning up on Tuesday.

@jammy21 @numbnuts70 @qken @Sparkz_360 @banckzy @TNR_KING_FILO @Aaroh I am unsure about your participation, can you confirm your positions please chaps.

@RealJaySee from your comment about not being able to attend most Tuesdays, I'm assuming you can't make it. If you can, please let me know.

Cheers, Zo.
Sorry for the absence last week, I completely forgot about it... I’m in this week.

My cars are now all purple and orange. However as 88 is taken does anyone object to me using one of the following numbers?
8 or 48 or 69 or 888?

Numbers are so last season Suts, whack any of them on if you'd like. 888 seems good to me, I'm not sure which BB was referring to...

Are we looking around the 2.18 mark in the 458 @Zolon32 ?

Yep, that's where I am currently 👍

Sorry for the absence last week, I completely forgot about it... I’m in this week.

No problem Sparkz, see you tomorrow.

Cheers, Zo.

Im ready.
20180213151056.jpg

Sorry Zo, won't be able to make it. I've hurt my shoulder and can't really drive on the Sim.

Have fun guys! :)

That's the first time I've experienced major issues on GTS, hope it's not a sign of things to come. I'll miss the next 2 rounds, but will be back 7th March.
Race 1 was good though!

Just when I saw the start bug was present, I immediately retired. I cannot race with such issues and restarting all the time because of that is getting on my nerves...

Just when I saw the start bug was present, I immediately retired. I cannot race with such issues and restarting all the time because of that is getting on my nerves...
Interesting - I didn't see the start bug at all.

For the second race, at the first start our host had the wrong car so we quit to get him in the right one. Then at the second start, we didn't have three of the drivers on the grid. Then at the third start the whole lobby crashed. And Venari was having issues all evening - very glitchy car, and very furry on the chat.

We had a good 18-lap race when @numbnuts70 set up an alternate lobby, but as there weren't that many of us (well... 10ish) it probably won't count. Which I'm glad of, as I finished second behind @Sparkz_360 thanks to my not-crashing, no penalties and rather clever use of my one set of Sports Softs even if I do say so myself, and the last thing I need is a slower car.

Sorry Zo, won't be able to make it. I've hurt my shoulder and can't really drive on the Sim.

Get well soon Aaroh!

looks like got to pass this one also, junior is still glued to the controller. :grumpy:

Superglue, it can be annoying.

Sorry about adding to the woes by forgetting to be in the correct car yesterday fellas. Famine's right about the second race not counting, there were a few people who were not there, but probably would have liked to have been. For this reason, the schedule will be different next week.

We will kick off with a 12 lap race of Maggiore Reverse, using 8X tyre wear, soft (ONE SET ONLY) and medium tyres (as many sets as you like).

We will then sort out car changes as necessary, and move on to Yamagiwa+Miyabi. There will be just ten minutes of practice to get a time in, then a 4 lap race at 1X tyre wear, S/M tyres. Everyone will then stay in the same cars, there will be a couple of minute comfort break, and we move on to a 12 lap race, 8X tyre wear, when S/S and S/M tyres must be used, but only one set can be S/S. (You can start on medium or soft). The grid will be reverse of that from the previous race.

Car allocation for the first race next week

McLaren:

John. Nuts. Andreas. Goofy. Zo.

Lambo:

Suts. Jocke. Koutch. Sparkz. Russ. Qken.

Everyone else will start in the Ferrari.

Gents, please turn up with cars which fit the specifications. Leaving the room and returning when we are using reverse grids really cocks things up. I realise that I've hardly helped, by changing them, but here they are...

McLaren, 93% power(558BHP), 115% weight(1552kg).

Ferrari, 105% power(591BHP). 102% weight (1514kg).

Lambo, 106% power (638BHP). 102% weight (1450kg).

Anyway, I've got some piccis...

Harsk makes a reasonable start.

Mag Harsk makes a reasonable start.jpg

BB closely battles Nuts (and others)

Mag BB closely battles Nuts.jpg

Russ' understated livery contrasts nicely with Famine's Cat sort of thing!

Mag Russ understated.jpg

Andreas chasing hard.

Mag andreas chasing hard.jpg

Sometimes the 'Copy Other Side' thing doesn't work how you'd like.

Mag copy other side.jpg

Sparkz hits the apex of the tricky fast right.

Mag Sparks hits apex.jpg

The understated elegance of Paul's livery contrasts with Famin... What is that Cat doing?

mag pauls understated.jpg

Jocke uses all of the track.

Mag Jocke using all the track.jpg

Suts battles Filo.

mag suts battles Filo.jpg

And Goofy sticks it inside BB (maybe that's why he needs a couple of weeks off.)

Mag goofy sticks it up inside BB.jpg

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
To save you all from the Purrari, and seeing as I'm stuck in the Ferrari for ever, I've got a new livery for my 458 this week :D

I forgot about destroying @JockeP22's back end in race 1. He had a little grassy wiggle on the right and I just obliterated him when he returned to the circuit, despite avoiding action. Sorry about that.

Sorry about that.
Thank you but there's absolutely no apology needed. Because..
He had a little grassy wiggle
..it was entirely my fault. I came ill-prepared without any practice and had no flow in my
driving at that particular time. If anything I was feeling sorry for being in your way.

Will try to practice a bit more for the next outing. Maybe a new livery is needed indeed,
in order to move up the grid.
thinking.png

If anything I was feeling sorry for being in your way.
Nevertheless, if I'd been awake I'd have been further to the left to give you enough room to re-enter the track.

Still, we get to do it all again! :lol:

A lap (Lap 1) with returnee IfAndOr, from four different angles.
I'm glad you just left it at lap 1 since I managed to keep it on the grey stuff throughout (just). Lordy that Ferrari is a slippy beast, it wheel spins in fourth! I'd try but I don't think a new livery will improve the grip.
Oh I think I've got it again for race 1.

At last! I think I've sorted out how to set the grid order in a lobby.

That being the case, the first race on Tuesday 20th Feb will start with a reverse grid from the first race last week.

The grid order will be:

1/ Paul
2/ Jocke
3/ Qken
4/ Russ
5/ Famine
6/ Sparkz
7/ Suts
8/ Andreas
9/ Filo
10/ Goofy
11/ Zo
12/ Nuts
13/ Harsk

Anyone who didn't take part in the first race last week will start behind this bunch, with the fastest folks, as indicated by their average finish so far, to the rear and slower ahead of them. Any absences from the grid above will, of course, mean that the rest simply get move up.

Cheers, Zo.

Annyone up for a practise session? got Yamagiwa + Miyabi set up, room id ; 0474 6007 6855 9223 4052

Edit; had given it a shot, was good fun !, now off too the green hell, so room closed

Last edited:
Back