[SURVEY] - What's your favorite original circuits GT franchise and you want in GTS? (Five choices)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by BrunusCL82, Mar 8, 2018.

?

What your favorite original circuits GT franchise and what would like to be in GTS?

1. High Speed Ring

16.7%
  2. Trial Mountain

61.0%
  3. Grand Valley Speedway

51.8%
  4. Deep Forest

53.2%
  5. Cape Ring

7.3%
  6. Test Course GT1-GT4

3.9%
  7. Autumn Ring

18.6%
  8. Red Rock Valley

9.6%
  9. Midfield Raceway

32.3%
  10. Apricot Hill

24.3%
  11. El Capitan

21.3%
  12. Seatle Circuit

25.0%
  13. Hong Kong Circuit

5.5%
  14. Grindenwald

6.0%
  15. Motorsport Land

0.2%
  16. Matterhorn

4.4%
  17. Super Speedway

0.7%
  18. Motorland

0.2%
  19. Paris Circuit

2.3%
  20. Roma Circuit

11.2%
  21. Roma Night Circuit

5.5%
  22. New York Circuit

4.6%
  23. London Circuit

4.1%
  24. Tokyo R246

22.2%
  25. Special Stage Route 11

12.8%
  26. Special Stage Route X

4.1%
  27. Special Stage Route 5

12.2%
  28. Complex String

4.6%
  29. Sierra Circuit

8.0%
  30. Seoul Circuit

2.1%
  31. Madrid Circuit

4.1%
  32. Special Stage Route 7

4.1%
  33. Eiger Nordwand

11.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. IngRobNy

IngRobNy

My favorites :D.

upload_2018-3-8_22-52-30.png

AgentBlackDog and ProjectF like this.
  2. Greycap

Greycap Premium

I'll take the boring picks...

Grand Valley Speedway
    Trial Mountain
    Autumn Ring
    Mid-Field Raceway
    Apricot Hill

Looking at it from the racing point of view. I like Deep Forest as much as everyone else but it's better for driving than racing. El Capitan should have been in from the start instead of Dragon Trail and the old SSR series outshines the new Tokyo loops so hard that it's not even fun but we got what we got. As a honourable mention, Hong Kong with the new lighting engine would be a crash fest as everyone would just be looking at the scenery instead of the road and I can't blame anybody for doing that.

3. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

I picked Grand Valley, Midfield and Apricot to return since they've been my favorite original tracks.

Personally I find tracks like Deep Forest and Trial Mountain to be horrible to drive.

ProjectF likes this.
  4. DGXR

DGXR

None of those tracks are boring, especially Autumn Ring and Midfield! And Apricot Hill is such a classic... the Kyoto-Yamagiwa layout is nearly identical to Apricot Hill, with a few sections switched around. But there are so many other excellent original tracks to choose, they did not make my top 5.

Yes Hong Kong would be gorgeous with the new lighting, same for all of the Special Stages -- especially 11 with all the amusement park lights! :drool:

And your comment about Deep Forest being great for driving but bad for racing... that's exactly how I feel about Green Hell (Der Nurburgring). Way too narrow, way narrower than Deep Forest, but so many people like to race there! Maybe just me?

ProjectF likes this.
  5. Crazy Taylor

Crazy Taylor

Dont really need any of the these tracks. Much like any of the old cars brought back werent really needed. Pd should look forward instead of looking back at fanservice. Ps should create more new fan favourites.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    AlexDB9 likes this.
  6. VeeDoubleU

VeeDoubleU

Why? It's not an interesting track to drive on (well, at least compared to most other GT tracks), and it's practically an oval in terms of racing, which isn't a bad thing, but GT Sport doesn't cater for bump-drafting, hence High Speed Ring wouldn't really work.

Also I'd say it's too full-throttle for slower cars, but too short for Gr4 or higher.

7. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

Easy track to learn, but hard to master. I'd say we'd get some very interesting races with High Speed Ring :)

My choices are the Test Track (yes), Midfield raceway, Apricot Hill, Super Speedway, and the lovely Red Rock valley. HK and SSR 11 are going to look good with the new graphics, but I bet Red Rock valley's gonna take everyone by surprise with its vividly red background and eternal sunset ;)

ProjectF likes this.
  8. UGA95

UGA95

Rome Night, Special Stage Route 11, and Red Rock Valley would make me feel like a little kid again. I haven't raced those courses probably since I was 9 or 10 years old. Sadly I don't ever see any of those making a return in another GT.

ProjectF and Alpha Cipher like this.
  9. cleanLX

cleanLX

Grand Valley - for racing, because, track width and lots of linked turns.
    Mid Field - for racing, because track width.
    El Capitan - for racing, because, track width and linked turns is off the chart.
    There are a great deal of tracks listed that I cannot recall, but my next 2 would be selected based on, track width and linked turns... for racing.

Since, I cannot recall (re: the above) my next 2 choices are purely for goofing around fun...
    Hong Kong - love hot lapping there, and if penalties ever get worked out it could be fun to race.
    Paris Opera - love hot lapping there, and if penalties ever get worked out could be fun to race.
    But not listed, and preferred for fun alone, and, definitely not racing...
    Citta di Aria.
    Costa di Amalfi..

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  10. 05XR8

05XR8

Rome Night(in the 155 DTM was choice), Red Rock(I think running that track in the Vector was a riot), Midfield(loved this track when I used the FPV GT), Grindenwald(in a white S2000 w/gold BBS RS 3-piece, watching replays were the best).

I-Runner and ProjectF like this.
  11. mykeleasie

mykeleasie

Grand Valley Speedway is sooo overrated.

12. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

I went for:

• Grand Valley Speedway
    • Apricot Hill
    • Midfield Raceway
    • El Capitan
    • Autumn Ring

I think these are good tracks from
    the past that embody true circuit racing. Some of the other tracks are fun, but they don’t function as GT racing circuits as much as these five I chose. I’d like to see them added because they’d get a lot of use in sport mode and online championships. Also I chose Autumn Ring and El Capitan because I’d love to see what those tracks look like with PS4 graphics.

ProjectF likes this.
  13. Martin DS

Martin DS

Grand Valley Speedway has allways been my favorite, and for me it's like the official GT track. I remember it since the first time I played GT1 on the first license missions, and using it to test the cars on all of the next GTs. Like that it has all kind of corners and an awsome flow to them.

Then SSR11 and El Capitan are really nice too.

ProjectF and Alpha Cipher like this.
  14. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

1. Red Rock Valley
    2. Rome Night
    3. Grand Valley Speedway
    4. Seattle Circuit
    5. Special Stage Route 11

15. Naveek Darkroom

Naveek Darkroom

1. Grand Valley (It's the flagship GT fantasy circuit)
    2. Red Rock Valley (Way cooler than High Speed Ring)
    3. Tokyo R246 (Not really "original" given that it's a street circuit set on real roads, but I like it better than Expressway)
    4. Special Stage Route 11 (Both variants would be cool but I want the 90s layout with the infamous bus stop)
    5. Whatever (GT has too many good originals)

LaSupra and ProjectF like this.
  16. Mr Satay

Mr Satay

PD should give us a GT1 track pack with the tracks that were in that game then take it from there. Since all the classics are in GT1 High Speed Ring (dont mind what version), Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest and the long forgotten Special Stage Route 11.

Midfield Raceway is also pretty sweet.

AgentBlackDog, LaSupra, Qyn and 2 others like this.
  17. philipPF

philipPF

Complex String :)

+ TrialMountain, Deepforest, SS R5 and Seatle :)

AgentBlackDog, ProjectF and I-Runner like this.
  18. PSN:And-War

PSN:And-War

You missed out Seattle Circuit, shame on you, this is one of the best city circuits in any racing game

PERIOD

19. Famine

Famine Administrator

No, he just spelled it with one T.

AgentBlackDog and Cytoria like this.
  20. Stotty

Stotty Premium

Deep forest, GVS, Midfield, Trial Mountain and Grindwald for me.

ProjectF likes this.
  21. Norman Self

Norman Self

Trial Mountain
    Grand Valley
    Deep Forest
    El Capitan
    Midfield Raceway

El Capitan is probably my favourite GT track to be honest. Have done an enormous amount of laps at this circuit, mainly in Tourist Trophy though. Great circuit

AgentBlackDog and ProjectF like this.
  22. Islaygaz

Islaygaz

I had forgotten about this track until i saw it on a YouTube video a couple days ago! I loved this track! So challenging yet so rewarding!

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!

Kidding! You are of course allowed your own opinion. This is the internet after all!

nickf1gr likes this.
  23. Islaygaz

Islaygaz

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!

Kidding! You are of course allowed your own opinion. This is the internet after all!

24. BrunusCL82

BrunusCL82

Grand Valley Speedway is the best original circuit of PD.

25. Naveek Darkroom

Naveek Darkroom

If Grand Valley ever comes back we need the Grand Valley 300 as a Group 3 event.

ProjectF and Mr Satay like this.
  26. Racing_Miku

Racing_Miku Premium

My all time favourites are Midfield Raceway and Seattle Circuit as I have fond memories of them from earlier Gran Turismo
    games, my other choices were Hong Kong and Tokyo R245 with El Capitain as my remaining three votes.

I would really like to see Seattle return the most though as the game could do with these more challenging circuits.

ProjectF and I-Runner like this.
  27. Mr Satay

Mr Satay

No rally circuit love? Some of those tracks were pretty sweet like the Grand Canyon

28. DigitalBaka

DigitalBaka Premium

You missed Tahiti! :(

I went GVS, Deep Forest, SSR11, SSR5 and Eiger. Seems I want to mess around with road cars more than race cars, although Cape Ring was a very close pick and would be excellent for some Gr3/4 racing.

Also.....what's the Trinity? :confused::dunce:

ProjectF and I-Runner like this.
  29. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

The Trinity varies from person to person, but it’s typically Deep Forest, Grand Valley and Trial Mountain.

30. AlexDB9

AlexDB9

Greatest rally course of the GT franchise right there. Aside from the scenery and the realism, by virtue of being prolerly narrow, I liked how it was a homage to Group B by Polyphony with the ballsy crowd entering the street to take pictures.