[SURVEY] - What's your favorite original circuits GT franchise and you want in GTS? (Five choices)

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 119 comments

What your favorite original circuits GT franchise and what would like to be in GTS?

• Total voters
My favorites :D.

upload_2018-3-8_22-52-30.png

I'll take the boring picks...

Grand Valley Speedway
Trial Mountain
Autumn Ring
Mid-Field Raceway
Apricot Hill

Looking at it from the racing point of view. I like Deep Forest as much as everyone else but it's better for driving than racing. El Capitan should have been in from the start instead of Dragon Trail and the old SSR series outshines the new Tokyo loops so hard that it's not even fun but we got what we got. As a honourable mention, Hong Kong with the new lighting engine would be a crash fest as everyone would just be looking at the scenery instead of the road and I can't blame anybody for doing that.

I picked Grand Valley, Midfield and Apricot to return since they've been my favorite original tracks.

Personally I find tracks like Deep Forest and Trial Mountain to be horrible to drive.

I'll take the boring picks...

Grand Valley Speedway
Trial Mountain
Autumn Ring
Mid-Field Raceway
Apricot Hill

Looking at it from the racing point of view. I like Deep Forest as much as everyone else but it's better for driving than racing. El Capitan should have been in from the start instead of Dragon Trail and the old SSR series outshines the new Tokyo loops so hard that it's not even fun but we got what we got. As a honourable mention, Hong Kong with the new lighting engine would be a crash fest as everyone would just be looking at the scenery instead of the road and I can't blame anybody for doing that.

None of those tracks are boring, especially Autumn Ring and Midfield! And Apricot Hill is such a classic... the Kyoto-Yamagiwa layout is nearly identical to Apricot Hill, with a few sections switched around. But there are so many other excellent original tracks to choose, they did not make my top 5.

Yes Hong Kong would be gorgeous with the new lighting, same for all of the Special Stages -- especially 11 with all the amusement park lights! :drool:

And your comment about Deep Forest being great for driving but bad for racing... that's exactly how I feel about Green Hell (Der Nurburgring). Way too narrow, way narrower than Deep Forest, but so many people like to race there! Maybe just me?

Dont really need any of the these tracks. Much like any of the old cars brought back werent really needed. Pd should look forward instead of looking back at fanservice. Ps should create more new fan favourites.

Last edited:
If High Speed Ring doesn't return, we riot.

Why? It's not an interesting track to drive on (well, at least compared to most other GT tracks), and it's practically an oval in terms of racing, which isn't a bad thing, but GT Sport doesn't cater for bump-drafting, hence High Speed Ring wouldn't really work.

Also I'd say it's too full-throttle for slower cars, but too short for Gr4 or higher.

Why? It's not an interesting track to drive on (well, at least compared to most other GT tracks), and it's practically an oval in terms of racing, which isn't a bad thing, but GT Sport doesn't cater for bump-drafting, hence High Speed Ring wouldn't really work.

Also I'd say it's too full-throttle for slower cars, but too short for Gr4 or higher.
Easy track to learn, but hard to master. I'd say we'd get some very interesting races with High Speed Ring :)

My choices are the Test Track (yes), Midfield raceway, Apricot Hill, Super Speedway, and the lovely Red Rock valley. HK and SSR 11 are going to look good with the new graphics, but I bet Red Rock valley's gonna take everyone by surprise with its vividly red background and eternal sunset ;)

Rome Night, Special Stage Route 11, and Red Rock Valley would make me feel like a little kid again. I haven't raced those courses probably since I was 9 or 10 years old. Sadly I don't ever see any of those making a return in another GT.

Grand Valley - for racing, because, track width and lots of linked turns.
Mid Field - for racing, because track width.
El Capitan - for racing, because, track width and linked turns is off the chart.
There are a great deal of tracks listed that I cannot recall, but my next 2 would be selected based on, track width and linked turns... for racing.

Since, I cannot recall (re: the above) my next 2 choices are purely for goofing around fun...
Hong Kong - love hot lapping there, and if penalties ever get worked out it could be fun to race.
Paris Opera - love hot lapping there, and if penalties ever get worked out could be fun to race.
But not listed, and preferred for fun alone, and, definitely not racing...
Citta di Aria.
Costa di Amalfi..

Last edited:
Rome Night(in the 155 DTM was choice), Red Rock(I think running that track in the Vector was a riot), Midfield(loved this track when I used the FPV GT), Grindenwald(in a white S2000 w/gold BBS RS 3-piece, watching replays were the best).

I went for:

• Grand Valley Speedway
• Apricot Hill
• Midfield Raceway
• El Capitan
• Autumn Ring

I think these are good tracks from
the past that embody true circuit racing. Some of the other tracks are fun, but they don’t function as GT racing circuits as much as these five I chose. I’d like to see them added because they’d get a lot of use in sport mode and online championships. Also I chose Autumn Ring and El Capitan because I’d love to see what those tracks look like with PS4 graphics.

Grand Valley Speedway has allways been my favorite, and for me it's like the official GT track. I remember it since the first time I played GT1 on the first license missions, and using it to test the cars on all of the next GTs. Like that it has all kind of corners and an awsome flow to them.

Then SSR11 and El Capitan are really nice too.

1. Grand Valley (It's the flagship GT fantasy circuit)
2. Red Rock Valley (Way cooler than High Speed Ring)
3. Tokyo R246 (Not really "original" given that it's a street circuit set on real roads, but I like it better than Expressway)
4. Special Stage Route 11 (Both variants would be cool but I want the 90s layout with the infamous bus stop)
5. Whatever (GT has too many good originals)

PD should give us a GT1 track pack with the tracks that were in that game then take it from there. Since all the classics are in GT1 High Speed Ring (dont mind what version), Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest and the long forgotten Special Stage Route 11.

Midfield Raceway is also pretty sweet.

Trial Mountain
Grand Valley
Deep Forest
El Capitan
Midfield Raceway

El Capitan is probably my favourite GT track to be honest. Have done an enormous amount of laps at this circuit, mainly in Tourist Trophy though. Great circuit

What about Citta di Aria, Costa Amalfi and the Las Vegas Drag Strip? :)
I had forgotten about this track until i saw it on a YouTube video a couple days ago! I loved this track! So challenging yet so rewarding!

Grand Valley Speedway is sooo overrated.
YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!

Kidding! You are of course allowed your own opinion. This is the internet after all!

My all time favourites are Midfield Raceway and Seattle Circuit as I have fond memories of them from earlier Gran Turismo
games, my other choices were Hong Kong and Tokyo R245 with El Capitain as my remaining three votes.

I would really like to see Seattle return the most though as the game could do with these more challenging circuits.

You missed Tahiti! :(

I went GVS, Deep Forest, SSR11, SSR5 and Eiger. Seems I want to mess around with road cars more than race cars, although Cape Ring was a very close pick and would be excellent for some Gr3/4 racing.

Also.....what's the Trinity? :confused::dunce:

You missed Tahiti! :(

I went GVS, Deep Forest, SSR11, SSR5 and Eiger. Seems I want to mess around with road cars more than race cars, although Cape Ring was a very close pick and would be excellent for some Gr3/4 racing.

Also.....what's the Trinity? :confused::dunce:

The Trinity varies from person to person, but it’s typically Deep Forest, Grand Valley and Trial Mountain.

Back