Sweatin to the Oldies!

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 168 comments
Well, after reading over all eight pages, it's pretty obvious that this is without question the single best thread on GTP right now. Though I don't understand, Robin and boom, how you can say these things and claim you're not crazy.

The nailer for me was Dudebusta's comment that he'd been with his girlfriend for ten years and all of a sudden decides to get engaged. :lol: It's gold.

Originally posted by Cobraboy
I got a feeling while reading through these 8 pages that boom was smoking something unusual....

:odd:
I'll have to read through this one again, but maybe M5 is right. I am a bit nutty! Cus I know that the only thing that I smoke is cig's and all your sorry asses at the race track. :P

Call me lame, but I have only had my ps1 since about october, and I love it to death. Always was a pc person but always wanted a ps and decided to go get one finally.

Already a bit bored of gt1, prolly coz I played it to death when I got it, but still play it every couple of days. Tony Hawk 3 rocks, I think to be honest V-rally 1 downright sucks, and colin mcrae is the king of rally games.

Congrats on the engagement dude(busta) :)

Originally posted by Supra4eva
I played GT1 on my PS2. It was great, lol. Theres much more fun to it than the others.just something about it, lol.

You can put ps1 games in your ps2??? :confused:

Or

You can get GT1 for ps2??? :lo: if so

Originally posted by boombexus
Have any of you ever brought out an old game and played it all over again?
When I bought my PS2, I've bought GT2 and GT3... I played GT3 and after a week or 2 I've put the GT2 disc in by PS2-drive... I was SHOCKED:eek: :eek: :eek:
What a BAD graphix, but when the game just came out, it was very nice and... uuuhhh....... smooth!! :odd:

2 Bad I've NEVER played GT1 :( :(
Did I missed much back then??

Compared to other racing games at the time, yes. Compared to GT2 and 3; you really aren't missing much. If you're bored with GT2 and can't aford the PS2/GT3 combo (not unlike me!), then pick up a copy of GT1 used or from a friend who probably won't miss it.

It's fun for a while, but you'll yearn for GT2 again.

[size=+1]GT1[/size] is good if you like driving games, want some realism, but, most of all, want a well-designed, playable (and replayable) game.

I keep doing [size=+1]GT1[/size] (sim mode) over and over again, using different strategies and imposing different limitations on myself. Done very leisurely, I tend to take 3 weeks to get all simulation mode cups, entering each series only once. (Once, I did that in 36 hours of elapsed time, but that was a little crazy--a truly crazy person should be able to finish it in a marathon 24 hour stint...).

Unlike its two successors, [size=+1]GT1[/size] really is a game.

But if you like a lot of different cars, you will want [size=+1]GT2[/size].

And if you want realistic graphics, you'll want [size=+1]GT3[/size] with its insanely long multi-race series, etc. etc.

yup i broke out the old ps1 too last night.. sad to say that i forgot to delete my last game.. i say sad cuz i just went around smokin the computer.. was fun but too easy:D

SportWagon
[size=+1]GT1[/size] is good if you like driving games, want some realism, but, most of all, want a well-designed, playable (and replayable) game.

I keep doing [size=+1]GT1[/size] (sim mode) over and over again, using different strategies and imposing different limitations on myself. Done very leisurely, I tend to take 3 weeks to get all simulation mode cups, entering each series only once. (Once, I did that in 36 hours of elapsed time, but that was a little crazy--a truly crazy person should be able to finish it in a marathon 24 hour stint...).

Unlike its two successors, [size=+1]GT1[/size] really is a game.

But if you like a lot of different cars, you will want [size=+1]GT2[/size].

And if you want realistic graphics, you'll want [size=+1]GT3[/size] with its insanely long multi-race series, etc. etc.
I agree. GT1 rocks, GT2 is only good for the number of cars and GT3 is only good for the graphics. On the PS2 you can upgrade the graphics & load time for PS1 games and with GT1 & 2 it reallt makes a difference.

Back