Sweetshop Union's GT4 Gallery - SLR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the second shot of the rally car and last shot of the road car.

Thanks!

Cool photos man! but im not sure about a lot of ps effects

Thankyou. I presume the shot your talking about is the Colour Mashup, right? Anyway as explained that was just done quickly to bring together lots of styles I've used or are going to use, I'm not planning on using loads of effects in one shot again.

Thanks LdS Nicknamealguem! Although I don't sharpen my pictures in GT4 or use Gaussian Noise :lol:. For nearly all those pictures all I did was Brightness + Contrast, Saturation, Colour Balance and Add Uniform Noise in the 1-3px range.

So, what is causing those noise colours?:confused:
Edit: I found it, try checking the Monochromatic box next time you apply noise.

I said over-sharpening because the edges of the car seem to have a very high hard edge, that’s why I thought it was over sharpened. But that could also be caused by the contrast applied to it, even though I found the levels of it to be perfect for me.

Also, just one little tip. Do use Brightness & Contrast? Try using levels, it is allot more easy and reliable to use than B&C. You have skills 👍

So, what is causing those noise colours?:confused:
Edit: I found it, try checking the Monochromatic box next time you apply noise.

I said over-sharpening because the edges of the car seem to have a very high hard edge, that’s why I thought it was over sharpened. But that could also be caused by the contrast applied to it, even though I found the levels of it to be perfect for me.

Also, just one little tip. Do use Brightness & Contrast? Try using levels, it is allot more easy and reliable to use than B&C. You have skills 👍

Yep I do use B&C, thanks for the tip. And you are right about the hard edges, I think my contrast is at 100 for every single one of those shots. I'll take a look at some more pictures and use levels in my next update. 👍

First shot is amazing...!!

Thankyou :D

EDIT: Just won my first comp, unedited version of my banner picture.

Last edited:
Gallery News

New update sat in a folder ready for showing.
Will be seen once Unedited Week 50 is up because the theme is the same. NTX already knows what I'm on about :D
Oh and I only used Levels this time too!​

Last edited:
I love these, very rarely do you see people taking a chance and using the ingame blur! It can look really artistic if used properly. Night tracks seem to suit it well! My favourite shot in the 3rd one.

Those shots are great.. Especially the last two ones.. WOW :drool: .. 👍 ..

Thanks S-Line! 👍

I love these, very rarely do you see people taking a chance and using the ingame blur! It can look really artistic if used properly. Night tracks seem to suit it well! My favourite shot in the 3rd one.

Thankyou Mog, I really appreciate your comments! Like you said, it's just knowing when and where to use in-game blur to make it work effectively. :D

Very nice, ive tried to shoot the seven before to focus on the driver but found it so hard and scrapped all my shots, but youve made them work, the first shot again is my favourite, really works, very artistic.
Nice cool update!

Very artistic indeed. I really like the first and second shots. The contrast along with the car color and the suit really set it off. 👍

Very nice, ive tried to shoot the seven before to focus on the driver but found it so hard and scrapped all my shots, but youve made them work, the first shot again is my favourite, really works, very artistic.
Nice cool update!

Very artistic indeed. I really like the first and second shots. The contrast along with the car color and the suit really set it off. 👍

Thankyou Guys! :D

The first shot is my favourite too! I'm really pleased with the lighting on it.

EDIT: Next Update Preview!

calibraring5.jpg

Can someone link me to a good tutorial on producing brake light trails, some of my update images could really use that effect

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the next update...that shot reminds me how many cars I don't have in GT4. Really, I don't care if GT5 never comes out, I'm satisfied with GT4!

Great shot, SweetshopUnion 👍

I'm looking forward to the next update...that shot reminds me how many cars I don't have in GT4. Really, I don't care if GT5 never comes out, I'm satisfied with GT4!

Me, too!

Hugely impressive shot Sweetshop. Here's hoping the next update is as superb.

Opel Calibra Touring Car @ The Ring

And my gallery has passed 3000 views, so I'm throwing in a couple of S2000 shots from Hong Kong too! :D

You are going to see a lot more views with shots like these. I love your style. It's fresh to the scene imo. Keep rockin the 1/60!

Thankyou very much Guys! I'm glad you liked them, it seems I get more comments on a preview than a full set :lol:

Anyway I was bored this morning so I thought I'd have another attempt at Brams Photoshop Guide, last time I confused myself and didn't like the choice of photo that much but now, I finally got quite a way into the guide before Photoshop started crashing! Luckly I saved at a point which I thought would be acceptable for a first attempt so I re-opened it and just finished it off with the basic editing, so here it is!

vw12twinring.jpg

I'm sure you will be able to spot which point I got up to.
Next time I have a go I'll try on my desktop which should run photoshop more stable, my laptop doesn't even meet the minimum required spec but it runs without lag for cleaning, basic editing purposes.​

The blur looks a little bit off. Did you enlarged the canvas? I suggest you do this for nearly every blur you do, because the vanishing points lays outside of the original canvas on this one. Just enlarge it, draw some lines using the fence and tyre barrier for instance, and blur from the point where they meet 👍

I'll go ahead and say your tones are a little bit too dark (referring to the Calibra set now). The whites are overexposed, yet the detail in the images as a whole is low because of the darkness. I'd try to keep the white handle in the level menu a little more down, and try to get more detail by making them brighter 👍

The blur looks a little bit off. Did you enlarged the canvas? I suggest you do this for nearly every blur you do, because the vanishing points lays outside of the original canvas on this one. Just enlarge it, draw some lines using the fence and tyre barrier for instance, and blur from the point where they meet 👍

I'll go ahead and say your tones are a little bit too dark (referring to the Calibra set now). The whites are overexposed, yet the detail in the images as a whole is low because of the darkness. I'd try to keep the white handle in the level menu a little more down, and try to get more detail by making them brighter 👍

Yep I did enlarge the canvas but the Vanishing point was only slightly over the edge of image, The big white boarder covers up a horrible mess on that side! Thankyou for the advice, much appreciated. 👍 I'll have another go later once I've taken a better image.

Ok Guys! Here is my Full Attempt, Got a better angle from GT4 and I worked on my desktop which runs photoshop without any crashing issues, so I managed the whole tutorial, or what I could remember because I don't have the PDF on my desktop :dunce:👍

clioblurtwinring.jpg

Big thanks to Bram for making the tutorial, without this knowledge I don't stand a chance in 2.0 comps!​

Looks much, much better!

The blur seems spot on, maybe a little bit too much noise on the sky, but oh well. Also, what I sometimes do after blurring is merging the blurred layers until there's only one left. I then sharpen that layer up to sharpen up the road 👍

And don't worry about the PM-ing, you've helped me way more with the desktop stuff :cheers:

Thankyou Guys! I really can't help myself now, here is another using the Unsharp mask like Bram said. I wish the car was better rendered though, so many horrible lines!!

clkdtmautring.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back