T150, T150 Pro, G29 or stay with controller

• Thread starter Povilas
  • 96 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
NolimitS5T5
Hey guys

Quick and short question which wheel to get or is it even worth it or just stay with DS4.

My preference would be T150 Pro or standard one as G29 is more expensive but probably have advantages.

Hey guys

Quick and short question which wheel to get or is it even worth it or just stay with DS4.

My preference would be T150 Pro or standard one as G29 is more expensive but probably have advantages.

For me choice of wheel has always been limited by budget but you should definitely attempt what I consider to be the upgrade, I have T150 and my path to it was DS3, DFGT, T150. Another wheel may have more buttons but it only has to turn left and right. The only negative for T150 is pedal quality but in no way is it performance impactiing.

For me choice of wheel has always been limited by budget but you should definitely attempt what I consider to be the upgrade, I have T150 and my path to it was DS3, DFGT, T150. Another wheel may have more buttons but it only has to turn left and right. The only negative for T150 is pedal quality but in no way is it performance impactiing.

Thank you. My budget limits me too but I am picking up T150 then thank you again.

From my research its either the T150 Pro or G29. Avoid the standard T150 as you will likely end up spending more for new pedals anyway.

The T150 looked like a better option at first as it was cheaper (180 GBP) and I read good things about the wheel itself.
G29 was more expensive (220 GBP) but has reported much better reliability which I could see as I use a G25 myself and thats going strong for 10 years.

Like I said due to the price i was edging towards the T150, but then the G29 went on sale (153 GBP) at this point my preference quickly returned to the reliable G29.

Hey guys

I had the same "problem". After reading/watching lots of reviews my choice was downed to T150 Pro, T300RS GT and G29. At first I wasn't even looking for G29 due to its helical gear system considered to be "old" technology, but after I found out the failure rate of TM wheels (look for random button presses on T300RS) the G29 started looking more as the best choice. Anyways, long story short, people tend to say that TM will give you better feeling of the car due to its belt driven technology (although T150 has a hybrid system (gears + belt)) while G29 is more durable and definitely a great wheel as well - so if you can go with the failure rates of Thrustmaster - you can get the T150 Pro (definitely go for PRO because the pedal set is really important but more on that later), if you want to use your wheel a lot and generally have better durability - go for G29. However, keep in mind that, at least from what I've read, T150 is a bit more durable than T300RS.

*Some technical specs:
T150 has 12 bit resolution which translates to 4096 values on the wheel’s steering axis
G29 has 16 bit resolution which translates to 65536 values on the wheel’s steering axis

As for staying with DS4 - it really depends how you feel and whether or not you plan to stick with simracing. I got my first wheel 2 days ago - G29. As a long time controller user I must say that I have some troubles with the handling - the wheel will definitely take your driving experience to the next level and I must say that this is a great purchase. However, after probably 4-5 hours I can say that there are some turns (which used to be really problematic with controller) that I'm now able to take more consistently and precisely - it will definitely take me some time to get used to the wheel but at the end - the result would be faster lap times for sure. As for the pedals, it is 1000% better than the DS4 triggers (or analog sticks) - I'm able to precisely control my throttling which is really great, especially on long speed turns that require precise gas control. Same with the brake - I'm still having a bit of a trouble there, but it is totally me and not the responsiveness of the pedal set. I guess I need one-two weeks at most to beat my records. For 4-5 hours I'm running ~1 second behind my DS4 pace.

Hey guys

T150 pro vs G29

T150:
-better (newer) technology -belt driven- aka better overall FFB
-the Pro version have the T3PA 3-pedal pedal set (the T150 2-pedal set is a big no)
-Can add TH8A shifter
G29 :
-older tech -gear driven- but propably more reliable given the history and user feedback -TM vs Logitech-.
-A really good set of pedals for that price/pachage.
-IMO better material used (less plastic used compared to T150).
-Can also add the Logitech shifter (50% cheaper than the TM one but not as good overall).
In both cases the ecosystem is "poor" (only 2 set of pedals and a shifter in TM case,only a shifter in Logitech case) but its expected -because of the overall price of the wheels-.
I'd say that T150 PRO is the best option.Be aware that T150 has less problems than T300 -from user feedback that I've seen around the net- so it should also be more relaible that the more expensive T300 wheel.

T150 pro vs G29

T150:
-better (newer) technology -belt driven- aka better overall FFB
-the Pro version have the T3PA 3-pedal pedal set (the T150 2-pedal set is a big no)
-Can add TH8A shifter
G29 :
-older tech -gear driven- but propably more reliable given the history and user feedback -TM vs Logitech-.
-A really good set of pedals for that price/pachage.
-IMO better material used (less plastic used compared to T150).
-Can also add the Logitech shifter (50% cheaper than the TM one but not as good overall).
In both cases the ecosystem is "poor" (only 2 set of pedals and a shifter in TM case,only a shifter in Logitech case) but its expected -because of the overall price of the wheels-.
I'd say that T150 PRO is the best option.Be aware that T150 has less problems than T300 -from user feedback that I've seen around the net- so it should also be more relaible that the more expensive T300 wheel.

T150 has a hybrid system - belt + gears, it is not entirely belt driven.

Not sure if it helps but you can get the Thrustmaster T150 RS Pro for £169 delivered on ao.com.

I've got one but it's an xmas pressie so can't use it yet :confused:

You are confusing newer with both newer and better.

I have the G29 and a T150. If one is noticeably cheaper than the other get that one. If they are a similar price, the G29 is better.

Better in what way?
Better built materials?I agree,already wrote that.
More relaible?I agree,wrote it already.
Better tech?Nope,G29 is older tech compared to T150.
If someone gets the T150 (and not Pro) then the G29 pedals are one major factor (since those are better than the 2-pedal T150 set.)
Shifter for T150 is better and double the price compared to the one for G29.
T150 is cheaper than G29.
T150 Pro is pretty much at the same price with G29.So people have to decide:
-T150 for less money and a "bad" 2pedal set
-T150 pro vs G29 (better tech -FFB- vs better materials/reability).
If it was me I would see this in this way:
a.Going to upgrade for a better wheel set in the same year (FANATEC for example)?Then I'll go for T150 Pro.
b.Wanna get something that could propably last for 7-10 years?Then G29.
c.Dont know if wheels are for me (my first one)? Then T150.

Don't listen to people who tell you G29 doesn't have a good feel, it is an amazing wheel for its price. Also, the build quality is exceptional, something you never get from TM and especially T150. Added to all that, the G29 has a proven history of reliability and Logitech a good customer support.

DS4 with GTS is pretty good, it certainly isn't as essential to use a wheel compared to more hardcore sims like Assetto Corsa. So it's hard to say whether it will be worth you getting a wheel because that depends as much on what you want as anything :)

Pros/cons of T150 Pro vs G29 have already been pretty well spelled out, and for GTS I've heard there isn't much to choose between them. But if you think you might try Assetto Corsa at some point (and I'd recommend you do) then the G29 doesn't work as well with it.

I have a T300 and a G29 (had to buy the T300 to play AC as AC implementation of G29 is appallingly bad).

There's little, if any appreciable difference in FF performance between the 2 IMO... G29 has a bit of occasional rattle, but doesn't affect it's playability.

G29 has much better pedals, and a much better wheel rim - the rim on the T300 is a better size, but is made from some sort of rubber, and feels ****. The G29 has a leather rim. G29 button layout and adjustable in race features are better implemented.

G29 was available for £129 on Amazon last week... at that price it's a no brainer... you'd pay more than that just to upgrade the rim on the T300 to a 599.

Currently, standard T150 is c.£140 in the UK, G29 c.£160. £20 is nothing to pay for the better quality G29 pedals.

Between this 3 wheels obviously G29 is the best one.

Competitive wheel for G29 is the T300, not the 150. The 150 is worse in pretty every single thing compared to the Logitec, maybe excluiding the fact that he vibrates a bit (not the G29) y maybe less running noise. The logitec make some noise when playing close to the limits.

Playing racing games with a Wheel is a total different new sensation and put a smile on my face every single time. and if you really like racing, you will never regret it.

G29 is the most polyvalent wheel. He use and old great but technology, FFB is hard and strong as F and you really get for what you pay. Is maybe less linear than the T300 but feel better than T300.
Also, the pedals are way better on the Logitec set. Thrustmaster ones sucks.

The cons are the size of the wheel and some missing sensations, but the T150 will never give you better sensation that the G29 just because it vibbers.

The T150 is good for the price but really is a entry level wheel, the only interesting thing he offers more is that you can change the wheel, but the stock wheel is same size than G29 I think and this last one is much better quality, buttons etc...

Between the T300 and G29 decision is tuff, but between 150 and G29 theres no match...

Is its worth buying a wheel if youre on a budget just if you really enjoyed a lot and plan to play every day, 2 days.

Hope this helps you,
for you info, ive tried all these wheel and can tell you, take the T150 just if you cannot wait more or save and are on a budget, the paddles are just horrible plastic paddles, in the G29 are one of the best ones, and G29 is a rock reliable (I use G29 Pedals with T500)

Last edited:
Better in what way?
Better built materials?I agree,already wrote that.
More relaible?I agree,wrote it already.
Better tech?Nope,G29 is older tech compared to T150.
If someone gets the T150 (and not Pro) then the G29 pedals are one major factor (since those are better than the 2-pedal T150 set.)
Shifter for T150 is better and double the price compared to the one for G29.
T150 is cheaper than G29.
T150 Pro is pretty much at the same price with G29.So people have to decide:
-T150 for less money and a "bad" 2pedal set
-T150 pro vs G29 (better tech -FFB- vs better materials/reability).
If it was me I would see this in this way:
a.Going to upgrade for a better wheel set in the same year (FANATEC for example)?Then I'll go for T150 Pro.
b.Wanna get something that could propably last for 7-10 years?Then G29.
c.Dont know if wheels are for me (my first one)? Then T150.
That's a lot of text rather than asking which has the best feedback.

Given a straight choice between the two it would be the G29 every single time. The one, single, thing that is better on the T150 is button position on the wheel.

Older tech does not mean worse tech. The. End.

I have no opinion on the relative merits of the stick shifters as I have not tried either, nor have I tried the T150 Pro pedals.

If you wanted into the Thrustmaster system you'd be better off with a T300 as the wheel itself becomes the limit with the T150.

Last edited:
That's a lot of text rather than asking which has the best feedback.

Older tech does not mean worse tech. The. End.

Actually it does.
The best tech avaliable is actually the "direct driven" wheels (not avaliable for consoles) that give the best FFB.
Belt driven is older tech that "direct driven" thus not as good FFB but better than even older tech (gear driven).

Actually it does.
The best tech avaliable is actually the "direct driven" wheels (not avaliable for consoles) that give the best FFB.
Belt driven is older tech that "direct driven" thus not as good FFB but better than even older tech (gear driven).
Move the goal posts much? You were talking about T150 vs G29. And no. It. Is. Not. Better.

Again, if one is cheaper than the other then buy the cheaper one. You would be happy with either. They are both good wheels.

Move the goal posts much? You were talking about T150 vs G29. And no. It. Is. Not. Better.

Again, if one is cheaper than the other then buy the cheaper one. You would be happy with either. They are both good wheels.

Absolutely, not the same league.
But... What you mean it is not better ? Would be curious to know.

Absolutely, not the same league.
But... What you mean it is not better ? Would be curious to know.
Other than build quality and pedals there isn't really that much difference. What matters, the ONLY thing that matters, is how well the feedback translates to you. There isn't much in it all between them. I prefer the G29 yes, but the T150 is perfectly good in this area.

Thanks guys I got the idea now from all these replies.

Truth is just to have fun and race but wheel I think gives more consistency compared to ds4.

I used to play TOCA race driver with the wheel in PS2 era ;)) ;D

Thanks guys I got the idea now from all these replies.

Truth is just to have fun and race but wheel I think gives more consistency compared to ds4.

I used to play TOCA race driver with the wheel in PS2 era ;)) ;D

I remember TOCCA 2 well... THE best racing game ever!

You'll get a lot more enjoyment playing with a wheel... and you should be a decent amount faster as well 👍

You can’t go wrong with either. Just don’t buy the standard tm pedals. I owned the G29. But I agree with most, buy the one in your budget. But if your not expecting to upgrade anytime soon. The G29 has leather vs rubber rim. And the G29 has some handy extra buttons and dial.

Hey guys

Is it worth it to get a wheel? Depends on what you are looking to get out of it. Let me share my experience...

I was in the same boat, didnt know if I should switch to a wheel. Certainly didnt know which wheel to buy. I was racing with the top guys in the Americas, usually starting in the top 10. But.... something was missing.

So, I set out to get a wheel. I ended up with the G29, my wife got it for 50% off. I've had it for 3 days. The wheel does everything I want and more, I'm very pleased with it.

So far, I've been able to qualify as fast or faster than before. I'm still getting used to the wheel, obviously.

The first day was a disaster. I could qualify with the fast guys but kept screwing up in race. 2nd day I was much faster and smoother, finishing top 10 most races. 3rd day I was qualifying faster than with a DS4. Race wise, it took me about 3 races to get comfortable and I was running in the top 5 some after that.

So... did it make me faster? Seems like it so far.
Am I having more fun?
Heck yeah I am!
Do I recommend everyone trying a wheel?
Yep, sure do!

Good luck in your journey. I don't think you will be upset with any wheel. Just my 2 cents :D

Is it worth it to get a wheel? Depends on what you are looking to get out of it. Let me share my experience...

I was in the same boat, didnt know if I should switch to a wheel. Certainly didnt know which wheel to buy. I was racing with the top guys in the Americas, usually starting in the top 10. But.... something was missing.

So, I set out to get a wheel. I ended up with the G29, my wife got it for 50% off. I've had it for 3 days. The wheel does everything I want and more, I'm very pleased with it.

So far, I've been able to qualify as fast or faster than before. I'm still getting used to the wheel, obviously.

The first day was a disaster. I could qualify with the fast guys but kept screwing up in race. 2nd day I was much faster and smoother, finishing top 10 most races. 3rd day I was qualifying faster than with a DS4. Race wise, it took me about 3 races to get comfortable and I was running in the top 5 some after that.

So... did it make me faster? Seems like it so far.
Am I having more fun?
Heck yeah I am!
Do I recommend everyone trying a wheel?
Yep, sure do!

Good luck in your journey. I don't think you will be upset with any wheel. Just my 2 cents :D
Seems you got bit by the bug. I suspect you’re already looking into higher end gear with alcantara grips, loadcell brake pedals etc.

Picked up my G29 on Black friday too and cost me 336 CDN with taxes included, regular price 499. Got to my door in less than 24 hours thanks to amazon and purolator.

Latest Posts

Back