T500 RS - 1.09 Update (Discussion)

• Thread starter Kaelsberg
  • 227 comments
I am starting to like the new changes in FFB, sans the severe steering shake of some car/track combinations. Some more refinements and a little more grip feel would be nice.

Dang, all I can say after a few days of this...is that...
...enjoying the T500 in GT6 has become an acquired taste to put it politely.
Can't quite digest the way the dead zone rears its head in hard transitions either.
That might be the right way to describe it.
I'm gradually getting used to the new feeling, but I still don't like it.
Moreover, it depends on which car you use and on which track. Some cars handle almost the same as before the update, others cars demand a whole new driving style.
Most of the cars I tried feel much to light. For example the Audi R8 LMS Phoenix, which was rather physical to drive, now feels like there is some kind of overkill power steering active. Also, you almost don't feel the tires touching the curbs, but the effect of some is a lot heavier than before, it easily sets the car on two wheels, which never happened to this car before 1.09.
Until this update I was happy using FF5, now I'm forced to try the whole scala, without really finding the sweet spot...
No, I really don't like the feeling now and I hope PD is going to change this...

Dang, all I can say after a few days of this...is that...
...enjoying the T500 in GT6 has become an acquired taste to put it politely.
Can't quite digest the way the dead zone rears its head in hard transitions either.

I think "acquired taste'' is being way too polite. The T500 now feels like a very cheap wheel with no "feel" to it other than the dead zone and notch in the middle that you mentioned and violent shaking when it is not really called for. From reports of G27 users, their wheels seem to be reacting more like the T500 used to, being able to feel kerbs and having better FFB but for the T500 user the tracks have become mind-blowingly numb.

in blunt form, FIX IT PD, My T500 is now RUBBISH

I didn't play much before 1.09.

Currently, I'm in a championship with friends and we drive a Renault Clio RS '11 (220hp / 1060kg ala Clio Cup). Even with Sport Tyres it is REALLY hard to turn the wheel oO. I put the FFB to 1 (5 for me before) but I still don't like the feeling.

I also tried the power steering active but the problem remain.

The track we used : Nurburging (GP/Nordshleife), Ascari & Tsukuba => same feeling.

(I don't even talk about the dead zone feeling...)

Last edited:
I don't drift either, however for grip driving I love the new FFB I thought the opposite before this update the FFB felt lifeless. I like that FFB gets light on low speed corners has that is what i feel when I'm on track. It might not be exactly perfect in GT6 as it is in real life but its close enough for me. I also don't get the violent FFB action some of the users have been describing.

I don't drift either, however for grip driving I love the new FFB I thought the opposite before this update the FFB felt lifeless. I like that FFB gets light on low speed corners has that is what i feel when I'm on track. It might not be exactly perfect in GT6 as it is in real life but its close enough for me. I also don't get the violent FFB action some of the users have been describing.

you think this is close enough to real life?
lol

You guys don't have this problem?

It's the Game.
It was.
Since a few days I sense a change in FF. Brought the setting back to 6 and now the FF seems to be better. Gone is the ultra light feeling when cornering, gone is the wobbling and you can feel the car again.
I wish PD would give us info about changes they make, so we don't have to guess each time...

Last edited:
It was.
Since a few days I sense a change in FF. Brought the setting back to 6 and now the FF seems to be better. Gone is the ultra light feeling when cornering, gone is the wobbling and you can feel te car again.
I wish PD would give us info about changes they make, so we don't have to guess each time...

LOL thankfully I don't get that in my real car. But my wheel doesn't behave that way in GT6 my FFB setting is 6.

I know but it still does the wobbling if you put an higher ffb...

@AustinPowers
What car are you using in the video please ? Want to try it myself.

That's @the_proffs video and I think it was Toyota Hybrid at La Sarthe too.

I tried it myself (FFB to 10) and did not get those vibrations... it shakes for sure, but nothing really problematic like what we see on the video... I don't even think it changed from pre-1.09...but I might be wrong on this.

It looks like it's exaggerated in the video. Your telling me that you can't put you elbow on you knee and hold it straight? I have more kick in FFB since the update,but nothing like that. Unless it's a glitch with the F1 wheel?

It looks like it's exaggerated in the video. Your telling me that you can't put you elbow on you knee and hold it straight? I have more kick in FFB since the update,but nothing like that. Unless it's a glitch with the F1 wheel?
It may look that way, but it is not.
The effect has been there for a few days, then it changed again.
It had nothing to do with the F1 wheel, since my "normal" GT wheel suffered the same...

That's strange. I just find it hard to believe you can't hold straight. I remember when I was younger playing with a ouija board with a crazy girl,she was claiming it was moving itself. But if it is real then I don't have an answer. I thought more would come of this since the update as far as versions of wheels and firmware,but it seems pretty random.

It was.
Since a few days I sense a change in FF. Brought the setting back to 6 and now the FF seems to be better. Gone is the ultra light feeling when cornering, gone is the wobbling and you can feel the car again.
It may look that way, but it is not.
The effect has been there for a few days, then it changed again.
It had nothing to do with the F1 wheel, since my "normal" GT wheel suffered the same...
Exactly the same for me on both counts

I think I found a bug! This may help people avoid some headaches:

So, last night I bought a RUF BTR and went with it (stock) to do that new beginner event at silverstone. The car was UNDRIVABLE! Really, I didn't know if I should cry or laugh. The car (or maybe the wheel) would start pulling to the inside of the corners (even at very low speeds, because AI was getting way like crazy). When correcting that behavior, my wheel would kick so hard that I either lost the car to one or the other side. TOTALLY UNDRIVABLE, and I'm no noob! I said, this can't be! This is what I did:

1.I exited the race.
2.Went to the wheel options menu, changed the ffb to 10 and disabled the 2nd option assist (don't know the English name).
3.Quit the option menu and let the game save.
4.Went to the wheel options menu again and set the ffb to my previous value (1 by the way) and enabled that second option again.
5. Tried racing again and I could drive the car like it should. I won easily and it was a easy drive and it felt like the feeling from before the update was here again.

It might have been a bug in the update and you need to change your ffb setting to fix. Can someone with a problem like this try it to check and see if it solves?

I have my T500 set to FFB 9 in GT6 and it feels great. Not sure why so many other T500 owners don't like it

Because a setting of 6 is way too strong, is likely clipping even though you can't measure it. The kerbs are insane now and not accurate at all even down a setting of 2.

Because a setting of 6 is way too strong, is likely clipping even though you can't measure it. The kerbs are insane now and not accurate at all even down a setting of 2.
You meant FF9 ? (What Zero7159 wrote)
Because FF6 feels pretty much OK now (though I used FF5 before the update).
Some kerbs are insane indeed - rolled the Mazda Furai two times in one lap on the Nordschleife :scared:
Problem is that the effect they have is much larger than the feeling they give... if you see what I mean ?

You meant FF9 ? (What Zero7159 wrote)
Because FF6 feels pretty much OK now (though I used FF5 before the update).
Some kerbs are insane indeed - rolled the Mazda Furai two times in one lap on the Nordschleife :scared:
Problem is that the effect they have is much larger than the feeling they give... if you see what I mean ?

Yes, sorry, should have been 9.

I still don't get that kind of vibration. It's been a while now on 1.09 and I've tried many cars since then and none were remotely close to that. I like the post 1.09 FFB a lot better.

Latest Posts

Back