T500 RS - 1.09 Update (Discussion)

• Thread starter Kaelsberg
  • 227 comments
I still don't get that kind of vibration. It's been a while now on 1.09 and I've tried many cars since then and none were remotely close to that. I like the post 1.09 FFB a lot better.
As I mentioned in a previous post: it was only there for a few days...

Edit: does not seems to apply for everyone, since some people are still experiencing it...

Last edited:
Ok, this is how the force feedback works with my wheel on ffb5.

when holding the wheel like I normally hold it on a straight.

When trying to fight the wheel with all I have.

The fact that some even discuss whether this is realistic make me wonder if it is the same on all T500rs. My wheel is a V.1 so it is from the first production series.

I tried for the first time today the TS030 seasonal and I can confirm the exact same behavior.

I tried for the first time today the TS030 seasonal and I can confirm the exact same behavior.
So it is still there ?
Did you try @Oyashiro-sama method ?
Since I have been trying all kinds of settings to get rid of the behaviour I might have done the same thing. Anyway, in the end there is still some wobbling and shaking, but much less violent and easy controllable without grabbing the wheel like the Hulk...:D
Over the last week, the FF of MY wheel seems to have changed several times.
For now it feels pretty much OK, except for curbstone experiences...

I still don't get that kind of vibration. It's been a while now on 1.09 and I've tried many cars since then and none were remotely close to that. I like the post 1.09 FFB a lot better.

I don't know about any vibration but are you saying the driving over kerbs aren't insane now since the patch?

I've never felt them as "insane". The bumps on Mulsanne is more obvious(GT4 was really bad for this, but this is not as bad as that was), 1.09 does make that more violent especially in a faster car like the Toyota. But my wheel was not as bad as that video(and I have posted my video as comparison). There is also more of a difference in feel when driving with race tire or street tire. In most instances I like the feel of the 1.09 FFB more. There is a more discern-able drop off once the front tire is saturated and you can have a better judge of whats happening.

New drivers and firmware are out I updated and did a few races couldn't tell if they made it any better but they didn't make it any worse hehe now off to see what it does for p/cars on the pc ;)

I play with the G27 wheel.

I want to buy T500RS, which will be compatible with PS4.
However, for some message here, I wonder if I didn't have to wait a little longer?

Opinions are divided...

For me is a lot better, and if you feel very strong feedback response, for me is easy to detect that i have too hard suspension.

However, for some message here, I wonder if I didn't have to wait a little longer?

Opinions are divided...
Sure about the compatibility ?
Hope you are right...

The issues have nothing to do with the T500RS. PD seems to have implied some changes, not all for the better, but I am confident it will be fixed for everyone.
Right now, I still feel the behaviour has changed, but for me, everything is OK now.

@FOG-Smokebeer I did not check the last weeks, is there new firmware for the T500 ?
Just updated a month ago...

PlayStation®4 compatibility

This decision is upon each game developer and will therefore vary from racing game to racing game. In the event of upward compatibility with PS4™ racing games, the T500 RS racing wheel will only be recognized in the game, and not in the console’s menus. Please note that the “SHARE” and “PS” functions will not work on the wheel in PS4™ racing games. Nevertheless you can still use your gamepad for these 2 specific functions

Not really completely compatible (so far) but this gives hope ;)
I am totally satisfied with the Thrustmaster T500RS and I don't feel the need for another wheel. My previous wheel was a Logitech G27, not bad at all, but the T500RS is definitely more my thing.

Ok so tonight I fired up GT5 to update it to 2.17.

I remember when I first used the T500 how impressed I was with its precision.
I experienced that feeling again tonight going back to GT5 from GT6. :odd:

I enjoyed myself much more in GT5, and I've logged over 30K Mi/50K Km in GT6.
I am probably done with GT6 unless the tank slap dead zone is fixed. :lol:

Try this little test out, use a bone-stock Honda HSV in GT5.
(Only setting I changed was B/B to 3/1 for 0 ABS)

FFB 5/arcade mode/race/pro level/Suzuka no weather/real.
Rinse & repeat with same settings in GT6 using single user mode.

No issues here with anyone who disagrees. :)
--------------------------------------------
900º wheel, no wheel or driving aids, 0 ABS.

Last edited:
As it seems there's no improvements with the new update (1.10) so they didn't fix nothing. Apparently Kaz likes to add little things instead of fixing somenthing more important. :grumpy:

As it seems there's no improvements with the new update (1.10) so they didn't fix nothing. Apparently Kaz likes to add little things instead of fixing somenthing more important. :grumpy:

Haven't had time in the rig on T500, post v.1.10 yet, bummed to hear that. :irked:

@Kaelsberg;
Please update OP & title for this thread you so kindly created to keep up-to-date with v.1.10 release. :)

Last edited:

Opinions are divided...

Yea, wait and get the T300 wheel and a different set of pedals.

What are you guys talking about?! They fixed it over the weekend dirrectly following the 1.09 update. The new 'features' (wobble, etc) are still present but to a much lesser extent, and the weight of the car can now be felt again much like before the update. My feeling is that it is now a mix of the pre and post 1.09 FFB.
I think the fix may have had something to do with the PS3 update then, or maybe thats just coincidence and it was a micro update of some kind.
If the PS3 update was the fix then maybe some of you guys need to make sure your systems are up to date.

The other reason some of you may still be having problems is 'FFB clipping'. All wheels have clipping if the FFB setting is two high in the game. I mostly drive the Lotus 97T, and certainly with that car, 6 is the most you can run without clipping. This may vary slightly from car to car but as a general rule i would't advise any higher than 6 for any car. I run 4.
If you run higher your wheel WILL clip, and this essencially removes all the detail from the FFB. For example, with FB on 10, the wheels will use 100% force when the game is only outputing 60%. This means anything over 60% results in the same 100% from the wheel.

Here is a good explenation of clipping and why it should be avoided at all costs. Written by a highly regarded physics dev.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/like-your-ffb-strong-think-again.30763/

More than a few of my friends, who used to use 8-10 FFB, have since changed to 4 and reported its 'like having a new wheel' and 'changed the game completely'.
Clipping is real, and a major issue that should that should be made clear by PD in the wheel settings.

What are you guys talking about?! They fixed it over the weekend dirrectly following the 1.09 update.

Just love it when people waltz in with all the answers. :lol:
I invite you to do the comparison I did in this previous post @ FFB 5.

By the way, going back to GT5, have usually set FFB at 4 to 5 on T500 here.
Perhaps you can explain to all of us how the clipping creates the...
...previously non-existant dead zone now present post v.1.09 even at FFB 1 on T500?

According to mygranturismo.net's GT5 LB...
...you were running GT5 TTs on a controller until #65 with the PSN duffyc87 in your profile.

How long have been on a wheel?
Have you used any other wheels in GT6 other than T500 for comparison?
Do you use Power Assisted Steering or other driving aids such as SRF/TCS etc.?

Last edited:
Well, I have no interest in your comparison between GT5 and 6. Different games, different physics, different FFB.

I don't recall saying clipping caused a deadzone. But clipping will cause i far inferior FFB experience and if it is something some people are experiencing then i feel it should be made clear before they all say ''i´m done with gt. no more PD''.

You're right, i've only had a wheel 6 months, but thats not such a short time.
I don't use power steering or any other aids, not even abs.
I've had no other wheel before this.
But I have played many games since i got this wheel, almost all on the pc and almost all with better FFB than GT5 or 6 and i've also done quite a bit of research into how FFB in game works (mostly to get pc games dialled in).
Having said all that, i feel i have i pretty good idea of what good and bad FFB feel like.

Now, i didn't say the FFb as is is perfect but it has been tweaked since the 1.09 update. For 3 day days following the update i was having great issue with FFB. Insane wheel wobble, wheel wanting to turn more instead of straighten mid corner, extremely unstable counter steering and most troubling the complete lack of any feeling for the weight of the car.
However, on the forth day (monday i think) i turned on the ps3, did a system update (coincidence maybe), fired up the game, and drove the same car with the same setup on the same tracks as the day before. And to my complete suprise and incedible joy i could feel a definite difference to the FFB from the previous day. The wobble remains but significantly more managable. The strange mid corner feeling is reduced dramatically. The counter steering remains unstable IF you dont catch it smoothly. And most noticably and importantly i could once again feel the the weight of the car moving around through the wheel. I could catch slides again and drive with the confidence i had prior to the update.

There is no way i magically got used to the unmanagable FFB over night so placebo is out of the question and there are too many small but noticable differences for me to be anything but possitive that a fix took place.
So agian, as i originaly said, my feeling is that it is now a mix of the pre and post 1.09 FFB. I agree that the new effects arent perfect but i think that its a good mix now and is certainly more than driveble. I'm even learnig to drift, which is no easier, or harder than it was prior to the update.

Maybe you, with you vast wheel experience, just need to increse your sensitivity to the details and subtelties of FFB in general, i mean, even i can do it, and was 'running GT5 TTs on a controller until #65'..

What are you guys talking about?! They fixed it over the weekend dirrectly following the 1.09 update. The new 'features' (wobble, etc) are still present but to a much lesser extent, and the weight of the car can now be felt again much like before the update. My feeling is that it is now a mix of the pre and post 1.09 FFB.
I think the fix may have had something to do with the PS3 update then, or maybe thats just coincidence and it was a micro update of some kind.
If the PS3 update was the fix then maybe some of you guys need to make sure your systems are up to date.

The other reason some of you may still be having problems is 'FFB clipping'. All wheels have clipping if the FFB setting is two high in the game. I mostly drive the Lotus 97T, and certainly with that car, 6 is the most you can run without clipping. This may vary slightly from car to car but as a general rule i would't advise any higher than 6 for any car. I run 4.
If you run higher your wheel WILL clip, and this essencially removes all the detail from the FFB. For example, with FB on 10, the wheels will use 100% force when the game is only outputing 60%. This means anything over 60% results in the same 100% from the wheel.

Here is a good explenation of clipping and why it should be avoided at all costs. Written by a highly regarded physics dev.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/like-your-ffb-strong-think-again.30763/

More than a few of my friends, who used to use 8-10 FFB, have since changed to 4 and reported its 'like having a new wheel' and 'changed the game completely'.
Clipping is real, and a major issue that should that should be made clear by PD in the wheel settings.

How is wobble? Minor or hard

If possible, can you make a video please ? Thank.

Latest Posts

Back