Tame the Mountain: TT Isle of Man Launches March 6 on Consoles

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by GTPNewsWire, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Sean YZF

Sean YZF

Slightly off topic,thinking of getting the ps4 pro as the wife complaining about fan noise from current ps4 drowning out the tv while i'm playing gtsport, does it run quieter?
    I like the look of the game from the VVV vids, time will tell though.
    Also, does anyone know the time it wiil be on Tuesday when it's available for download.
    Thanks.
    :-)

John Wells likes this.
  2. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

No, my pro sounds like a jet...it keeps cycling on and off with gtsport...

John Wells and Sean YZF like this.
  3. Bush_Killa-73

Bush_Killa-73

Will maybe wait for reviews then thanks for your opinion. Perhaps one for when it drops in price a little.

John Wells likes this.
  4. Phil Upton

Phil Upton

The steering doesn't move, no feel on the brakes and no feel on throttle. All aids turned off.

John Wells and torque99 like this.
  5. Phil Upton

Phil Upton

Just one cam that switches to onbike 'different views' and trackside

6. MeanElf

MeanElf

Didn't Alan Boiston suggest using the aids in this game in his first vid, as the riders do so in real life? Try that and see if the handling improves for you.

EDIT: as you have the game pre-release, don't forget that there might well be a first-day patch still in testing.

7. Phil Upton

Phil Upton

To be honest I don't like Alan's comments as he says he doesn't play bike games and it reminds him an old arcade game which he feels is a good thing.. enough said. Here is a clip of Ride2 without any aids apart from a small amount of traction control.

Skython, John Wells and torque99 like this.
  8. MeanElf

MeanElf

Films run at less than 30fps so it isn't that uncommon (I know Pete Jackson went with a newer 48fps for The Hobbit but the norm has been 24 for a long, long time.) It's true though, some people appear to be affected by the lower speeds.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    John Wells and imported_rik19 like this.
  9. MeanElf

MeanElf

Be interesting to see one from this game using the rider's perspective for comparison - saw a vid in the news item from that view and it looked pretty solid.

10. crooky369

crooky369

See I’m the opposite, my Pro is far quieter than my original PS4 was. It’s practically silent in winter when the room isn’t too hot.

John Wells and imported_rik19 like this.
  11. Sean YZF

Sean YZF

Thanks, u mite have saved me £360, for now. :-)
    Answer to my 2nd question is midnight mon, uk time, according to PSN preorder status.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    imported_rik19 likes this.
  12. Phil Upton

Phil Upton

What view you use won't get over the fact of the physics are not that good.

13. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

14. Your opinion on the game doesn't come as a surprise. When people were saying it looks crap in the comments on his videos replies made me think its not good. Kinda like when someone says "I'm ugly" or " I'm fat" and you reply ahh nah you're not that bad, stop it. When really you're thinking hmm I don't wanna say the truth but I don't want go make them feel bad either. Where as if they were wrong you'd say stop talking rubbish you're not fat or ugly. Basically Allan seamed to be doing his best to not say its rubbish and just kept saying it reminded him of Hang on. He also said its not a SIM like Ride2 and they were going for accessible.

A real shame, hope there is a day 1 update that transforms into into a decent game.

15. torque99

torque99 Premium

If you have PS+ subscription it has 10% off any pre-orders so approx £40 with the free pre-order bike (PSN Digital version).

I'm 'riding on the edge' whether to get this day one and I think a demo would answer all these for me as it is difficult to assess the handling watching people play on a video especially in a chase cam and 'no hud/handlebar' views but I do not think we will get one so soon but you never know as gravel gave one.

• Physics (Sim-cade) I do not actually mind this as long as it handles well on a DS4 as I wouldn't use a wheel with this game like some did with Drive Club bikes :sick: I have MotoGP/Drive Club Bikes and Ride1/2 so I guess it will be in the middle here somewhere.
    • Replays only one view
    • 30FPS
    • No photo mode (as far as we know)
    • PS4 Pro enhancement unknown
    Graphics wise it looks an improvement on MotoGP/Ride2/WRC7 style and comments have been good on this front and the bikes and riders look very detailed.

mmm day one buy I am not sure at the moment but I am very tempted :tup:

Just out of curiosity again who has pre-ordered this for tomorrow day one?

16. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

My first PS4 Pro was whisper quiet, but it failed, my replacement can get very loud. Fan seems to spin up for 30 seconds then turn off for a while, rinse and repeat. Much louder than my vanilla PS4 was.

imported_rik19 and John Wells like this.
  17. MeanElf

MeanElf

In fairness, handling is so subjective. I'm happy to give it a go.

18. Ryanswannell

Ryanswannell

I have a pre order which should be arriving tomorrow, mine was technically free though as it's a Christmas present.

I had a brief go on an early build at Motorcycle Live back in November and I found the game very difficult, in that I often found myself taking corners either too fast and crashing into a building opposite, or lowsiding from going too slowly and leaning too far. It seemed to be the only motorbike game where you can actually lean too far, which I actually quite like.

I'm in agreement though that the rider animations need work, hopefully this is something that'll be patched in the future

19. PJTierney

PJTierney

Achievement List, looks like there's only one for Multiplayer:

https://www.exophase.com/game/tt-isle-of-man-xbox/achievements/

Code:
    TT ISLE OF MAN ACHIEVEMENTS

Newcomer
    Finished a race in solo mode.
    GS: 10
    100.00%

Small win
    Won your first race in mass start mode.
    75.00%

37.733 Miles
    Finished a complete lap of the Snaefell Mountain Course.
    GS: 15
    100.00%

Relentless
    Completed the Supersport TT or Superbike TT in Career Mode.
    0.00%

Marquis de Mouzilly St. Mars Trophy
    Won the Supersport TT or Superbike TT in Career Mode.
    GS: 30
    0.00%

Absolutely legendary
    Won the Supersport TT or Superbike TT in Career Mode 3 times.
    GS: 75
    0.00%

Discretion is the better part of valour
    Finished a complete lap of the Snaefell Mountain Course without any collisions.
    25.00%

First purchase
    Bought your first motorbike.
    100.00%

Now you’re playing with power
    Bought a superbike.
    GS: 20
    50.00%

Collector
    Bought a bike of each model.
    GS: 100
    0.00%

Millionaire
    Won a total of £1,000,000.
    0.00%

Famous
    Reached 10,000 fans.
    0.00%

Superstar
    Reached 100,000 fans.
    GS: 50
    0.00%

Legend
    Reached 500,000 fans.
    0.00%

Flawless victory
    Won all the races in an event including several stages.
    75.00%

Experienced
    Won 5 events in Career Mode.
    75.00%

Seasoned
    Won 10 events in Career mode.
    50.00%

Veteran
    Won 25 events in Career mode.
    0.00%

Road racer
    Rode 1,864 miles (3,000 km).
    0.00%

John Williams Trophy
    Recorded the highest speed in a Superbike race.
    50.00%

TT Formula 2 Cup
    Recorded the highest speed in a Supersport race.
    100.00%

Jimmy Simpson Trophy
    Recorded the highest speed at the TT with the official rules.
    0.00%

Under your skin
    Finished a complete race in helmet view.
    50.00%

Perfectionist
    Finished a race on all the circuits at least once.
    25.00%

Fall Guy
    Fell off 10 times.
    100.00%

In the export business
    Won an online race.
    0.00%

From dawn till dusk
    Finished a race at each time of day.
    75.00%

Nothing to declare
    Won the TT in less than three years in Career mode.
    0.00%

206 mph (331 km/h) and beyond!
    Beaten the top speed during a race on Snaefell Mountain.
    GS: 40
    0.00%

Toilet break
    Made your first pit stop.
    0.00%

Stanley Woods
    Won 10 TT races on the Snaefell Mountain Course.
    0.00%

3 questions for Xbox players:

• Is there a demo?
    • Does the game make use of the vibrating triggers at all?
    • Any Xbox One X enhancements?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  20. Zevious Z

Zevious Z

Video games are not films. There are vast differences between watching a film and playing a video game - especially a game that involves running very close to other objects at very high speed. 60 FPS should be the gold standard bare minimum for racing games at this point. Hell, it was already obvious how important it is back in the early 2000s when I was playing NR2003. I just got GT Sport and i’m pretty shocked at how bad the frame rate is at times. Going through the chicane at Kyoto in the Mazda roadster race is an utter slideshow.

imported_rik19 likes this.
  21. Bush_Killa-73

Bush_Killa-73

This guy seems to think it's quite a challenge with all the assists turned off. I'm not massively into Ride 2 or anything so the handling is probably more aimed at someone like me. Main criticisms seem to be the animations of the guy on the bike. I reckon I'll be going with dash camera anyway myself.

If it's as fun as Driveclub Bikes then I'll love this game despite its flaws. No game is perfect. Handling is very subjective.

22. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

No demo yet and I wouldn’t hold out for one.
    If it’s the same as WRC7 in this regard then no.
    Yes. I’m unsure exactly what.l but it is enhanced. (A quick look on Xbox shows 4K resolution.)

The achievement list looks good, some insights into what we haven’t seen yet like career mode, buying bikes sounds interesting and a yearly structured career mode is alluded to. No mention of sidecars, I thought I read they would be included, maybe it will be DLC.

John Wells likes this.
  23. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Compared to what? One persons not good physics are another persons good.

Bush_Killa-73 and MeanElf like this.
  24. WyldAnimal

WyldAnimal

I hope that Logitech ,Thrustmaster, Fanatec, One of them will create a set of Console based Handlebar controls for the Bike games.
    Using a DS4, just doesn't cut it for me...

25. Ryanswannell

Ryanswannell

Would be nice, the transition from countersteering to steering would be a nightmare to simulate though.
    There also comes a point when riding a motorcycle where you only steer so much, the rest is done by increasing your lean angle, and this all varies depending on the speed you are traveling at.

That's not to mention that a motorbikes steering is heavily dependent on body position

26. torque99

torque99 Premium

I found this recent video review from a 'casual' gamer who hasn't played a bike game since 'hang on' and he says he found it very easy to get in to (arcade style), sound and graphics and frame rate also impress. From an outsiders point of view which is a good thing.

Handling comments start 3.06s (If you are not from UK you may have to listen carefully to understand the accent ;) )

27. Ryanswannell

Ryanswannell

The sound is by far the best from any current motorcycle game. It sounds quite raw and I love the popping and backfiring on gear changes.

Ride on the other hand sounds really bland, Driveclub bikes is a little better but still a bit diluted, MotoGP 17 is also similar.

28. torque99

torque99 Premium

I watched a few more videos and have seen enough things i like now for me to support the game and hopefully enjoy the audio and the bikes .

Gave in again and Pre-ordered digital edition .Downloading for use later (midnight on).:sick::tup:

29. MeanElf

MeanElf

Not sure when I can get this but I'm definitely looking at ASAP!

Bush_Killa-73 and imported_rik19 like this.
  30. MXH

MXH Premium

I went ahead and bought the digital edition with the 10% PS+ discount. Currently downloading and ready to go when it unlocks at midnight.

I’ve been looking forward to this game for some time now. As for someone who absolutely loved DC:Bikes and put more hours into that than the main game, I couldn’t care less about the arcade physics. As long as the game is fun and will keep me occupied, I’m all set.