Tame the Mountain: TT Isle of Man Launches March 6 on Consoles

Ive wanted this aswell for ages, hmmmmm when i first saw alans vvv videos he was showing a 60 frames per second game and i thought wow, then he said consoles will be 30 and my heart sank....

I`m gonna be watching these theads closely over the next few days...

Good luck guys hope its good..
im probably still gonna get this...:drool:

Ive wanted this aswell for ages, hmmmmm when i first saw alans vvv videos he was showing a 60 frames per second game and i thought wow, then he said consoles will be 30 and my heart sank....

I`m gonna be watching these theads closely over the next few days...

Good luck guys hope its good..
im probably still gonna get this...:drool:

A game doesn't always need to be 60fps to be fun. On console at least. Perfect example is Driveclub Bikes. Solid 30FPS. Sensation of speed & responsiveness are both perfectly in check.

Even WRC7 is worth playing at 30FPS. 60 will always be preferred but it doesn't make it a better or worse experience overall. Hence why they decide to go with 30fps over 60 sometimes.

I was the same as you. Driveclub opened my mind to a solid 30fps. Don't get me wrong. All racing games on PS5 etc better be 60fps. Lol

Well, the people that get it ASAP, if anyone could report back on something for me I'd be grateful..

I'd just like to know how much you have to do before you can jump on a bike (any bike), and start trying to lap the full circuit against the clock. Not that I think I'm going to be any good, but I really enjoy the experience of getting to know a new track, and thats a big part of the appeal of this game for me.

Well, the people that get it ASAP, if anyone could report back on something for me I'd be grateful..

I'd just like to know how much you have to do before you can jump on a bike (any bike), and start trying to lap the full circuit against the clock. Not that I think I'm going to be any good, but I really enjoy the experience of getting to know a new track, and thats a big part of the appeal of this game for me.

Hi @MatskiMonk You can jump in straight away on Time Trial (Attack) on any track and bike 👍 You have an option for a good little practice tutorial on the first track. The handling is like Drive Club on 'easy' (all assists on) and quite twitchy but realistic with all 'off'. A good range of handling settings to try out. I don't like the chase cam views and played with the rider view of the dash/dials (Last Photo).

Audio is fantastic and as good as DC bikes and the wind noise over 100mph is great in headphones:D. I only had the chance for a quick few laps of the smaller circuits but first impressions are positive. Graphics are good and on par with Gravel/WRC7 textures etc but not as sharp as DC/F1/GTs etc.

I took some screen shots to show the options to help anyone out who wanted to know motion blur etc

The good thing is you can custom the DS4 controller to manual gear changes and adjust the audio levels.:cheers:

TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge_20180306061228.jpg TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge_20180306061251.jpg TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge_20180306061303.jpg TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge_20180306061333.jpg TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge_20180306061452.jpg TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge_20180306061518.jpg TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge_20180306061527.jpg TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge_20180306061537.jpg TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge_20180306061546.jpg TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge_20180306061634.jpg TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge_20180306062034.jpg

Last edited:
Would be nice, the transition from countersteering to steering would be a nightmare to simulate though.
There also comes a point when riding a motorcycle where you only steer so much, the rest is done by increasing your lean angle, and this all varies depending on the speed you are traveling at.

That's not to mention that a motorbikes steering is heavily dependent on body position

Why not a Handlebar base with Dual FFB motors. One for the Handlebar rotation, and the other for leaning of the base.

Or even 3 motors, One for Heave ( up and down ) to simulate the front suspension.

Rotation of the Handel bars would be YAW
Side to Side leaning would be Roll
and Up and down would be Heave

No one said it had to be Cheap..
With high end Racing Wheels in the $800 to $1000 range...

I'm sure a Bike Control could be made to function in that range.

Small servo motors to alter the valve on Hydraulic Dampeners could simulate the weight of the bike for Leaning.

Fanatec sells them for their Pedals sets.
https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/pedal...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

CS-DamperKit_01-1000x666.png

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gsy_review_tt_isle_of_man_sur_pc-19885_en.html

"Back when we first saw the game in August 2017, we had good reasons to be worried. At the time, there were serious issues with the controls and the physics engine, and knowing that the game was originally planned for a late 2017 release, it was not looking good. Now that we've played the soon to be final PC version (console versions are out today but PC players will have to wait until March 27), we can say developer Kylotonn has done a tremendous job. Our only concern is that the current review build of the game suffers from random crashes, which can be pretty frustrating when you're in the middle of a 20-minute race. There is still time to fix this before release, and as far as we know, it's not a problem on consoles, but we sincerely hope it will get sorted out in time. Aside from that, there are still a few things you could objectively complain about, like the lack of tracks (though the game is about learning to master those that are available, and believe, it will take time and efforts), the absence of rain (because the TT Isle of Man race never takes place in the wet) and a few other things, but BigBen Interactive's title is all about the crazy sense of speed and all the tension the bikers feel during the real event. And clearly, that's something they have nailed big time."

I'm off the PS4 at the moment I will confirm your answers as soon as I can.

From memory I couldn't see any motion tilt controls but they could be there hidden somewhere

Dynamic mode i'm pretty sure you can turn it off 👍

Re handle bars there was a thread before. I am sure I have seen (but can't find) info on a new one coming out late last year.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/handlebars-for-motorbike-games.322656/

Video games are not films. There are vast differences between watching a film and playing a video game - especially a game that involves running very close to other objects at very high speed. 60 FPS should be the gold standard bare minimum for racing games at this point. Hell, it was already obvious how important it is back in the early 2000s when I was playing NR2003. I just got GT Sport and i’m pretty shocked at how bad the frame rate is at times. Going through the chicane at Kyoto in the Mazda roadster race is an utter slideshow.
I appreciate the difference is down to games needing to render the images and quickly enough to avoid pixelation happening. The FPS though is the ability to fool the eye in both media forms and it's the processing power that is the stumbling block here, not the FPS.

I appreciate the difference is down to games needing to render the images and quickly enough to avoid pixelation happening. The FPS though is the ability to fool the eye in both media forms and it's the processing power that is the stumbling block here, not the FPS.

Huh?

If there was Mr @torque99 would have around 80 pictures up by now :D

80, c'mon @MeanElf maybe 20 edit: 30 :sly:

@chris4652009 I can confirm there is no photo mode but there is a replay option (only in completed races and not Time Attack or pause mid way) where you can cycle all the riders views, speed up twice speed and a slo-mo option and one main camera that cycles every 10 seconds different views (see photos).

You can also tackle the main IOM track in 12 Stages when learning in Time Attack, and there is nice feeling of weight when cornering on certain bikes.

TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge_20180306100335.jpg TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge_20180306100547.jpg TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge_20180306100656.jpg TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge_20180306101348.jpg TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge_20180306101420.jpg TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge_20180306101836.jpg TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge_20180306102624.jpg TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge_20180306102922.jpg

@MXH I can confirm you can cycle dynamic views to OFF.
@numbnuts70 I had a good look and can't see an option for motion unless there is a patch

Last edited:
I've been looking forward to this game for months and started playing it last night, or rather early this morning (Xbox one version), and I have a few gripes.

My main criticism is with the animations of the rider which seem to be rather jerky. This is only a problem, of course, in third person view. But if you use third person as I do (for bike games,) small inputs into the left stick result in rather dramatic lurches to the left or right which are visually irritating and incongruous. Compare this to Ride 2 where the rider's movements appear smooth and natural.

However maybe this just needs getting used to, and maybe this jerkiness is the result of unnecessary inputs. (I had a few beers while playing it, which may have affected things.) The bike list is also rather modest. and the graphics, while adequate, are not up to the polished standard of Ride 2, again to use this game as a benchmark.

On the plus side, the handling of the bikes seems very good - despite the rider jerkiness. The engine sounds are good and the TT circuit seems to have been faithfully reproduced. The other fantasy circuits also seem well designed and good fun.

Just played an hour using a Supersport class R6 with all assists off and I have a couple of points to make:

Graphics are brilliant, lighting is very good.
Ai doesn't appear to be very fast, although I do have another difficulty level to go.
Breaking too heavily causes the bike to veer off sideways into a wall/fence/tree.
Leaning to far/quickly causes the bike to hook into a turn and lose control.

Once you get used to the handling the game is quite fun.

Back