Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,666 comments
SVX
Just the wheels I believe.

L-Mitsubishi-Evo-4.jpg

Unless it's a Mirage. :P

There was more than one wheel option for that year. They both were OZ, with a very rare few having the Tarmac Rallies from Enkei that were used on the WRC and competition cars. Which look just like the ones on the car posted by Turbo

attachment.php

Last edited:
SVX
It's so nice to see a non white, black or silver Hakosuka... People really have no imagination when it comes to them, like so many AE86s (hurrr Initial D remake!!!).

Agreed. Whilst Initial-D is great and all, it does get very tiring to see so many remakes, just get's very unimaginative, very quickly. And it's sort of nullified Initial-D a little bit for me because of this.

And personally I think that Hakosuka is gorgeous, pretty much perfect in fact. Such a nice colour as well, looks like a butterscoth type-yellow, something different on a Hakosuka.

Last edited:
R5
But don't you understand? INITIAL D IS THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!!111!1!!!111!!!!

I want to burn everything Initial D related ever for propping up that goddamn Corolla as the official car of weebs everywhere.

I want to burn everything Initial D related ever for propping up that goddamn Corolla as the official car of weebs everywhere.

The AE86 would have gained a massive following internationally regardless. They were incredibly popular in the drifting scenes in Japan prior to even the Initial D manga was created, so Initial D wasn't really the end all reason.

SVX
The AE86 would have gained a massive following internationally regardless. They were incredibly popular in the drifting scenes in Japan prior to even the Initial D manga was created, so Initial D wasn't really the end all reason.

Let me continue with my hate boner, aiight? :P

The AE86 had a small following (at least in the U.S. and Japan) since it's introduction. It might not have reached it's god-like status internationally without Initial D, but it wouldn't be some obscurity that everyone forgot about.

The AE86 had a small following (at least in the U.S. and Japan) since it's introduction. It might not have reached it's god-like status internationally without Initial D, but it wouldn't be some obscurity that everyone forgot about.

It would have done so the exact same way as the S13. Affordable 'raw' RWD sports car known for drifting.

SVX
It's so nice to see a non white, black or silver Hakosuka... People really have no imagination when it comes to them, like so many AE86s (hurrr Initial D remake!!!).
Let's be honest. They look completely gorgeous in that configuration. If it isn't broke, don't fix it!

I'm not saying that an AE86 can not pull of other colors and styles, but it looks best in its most cliche form, at least that's my opinion.

Last edited:
Let's be honest. They look completely gorgeous in that configuration. If it isn't broke, don't fix it!

I'm not saying that an AE86 can pull of other colors and styles, but it looks best in its most cliche form, at least that's my opinion.

Completely disagree. I think the panda config is the least appealing combo for it. It's so dull.

The AE86 was big in The Bronx when it came out. Cut springs, seat rails removed, complimentary wood steering wheel and house speakers in the back. Job done.

I don't mind seeing colours a bit out there and I'm a big fan of them, but not with the Hakosuka, don't ask me why. The best colours for it are grey, black and red. It just looks perfect.

As for the AE86 (yes I'm aware, this is a Levin, but it serves the same purpouse, I guess), I'm the first to credit people for their creativity.

73d044884af7773e0e6d45c24c8643dd.jpg

Last edited:
I don't mind seeing colours a bit out there and I'm a big fan of them, but not with the Hakosuka, don't ask me why. The best colours for it are grey, black and red. It just looks perfect.

As for te AE86 (yes I'm aware, this is a Levin, but it serves the same porpouse, I guess), I'm the first to credit people for their creativity.

73d044884af7773e0e6d45c24c8643dd.jpg

Funnily enough, Initial D is precisely why I don't care for Truenos either. The Levin just does it so much better.

Back