Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,666 comments
I'd also say, somewhat contradictory to my earlier post, that the AE86 is the one car that I really don't mind seeing in classic Initial-D panda form, as @Turbo said, it just works so well. Also helps that the AE86 is also one of my favourite all time cars as well; before I knew about Initial-D as to be fair.

Aside from looking brilliant in classic panda colours, I think the AE86 looks so good in red; as Driftworks legend Chris "Paz" Parry's Levin showed.
Paz's AE86.jpg

Also works really well in red and black panda form too.

I still don't know how I feel about the DW86.

Normally I wouldn't be so sure myself too, as these days I'm not a fan of V8 swap's, thanks to the whole "lets LS swap everything" mentality. But the DW86 is an exception, as it's so bonkers and bad-ass that I love it, what with it using an ex ASCAR LS1 V8 and all, it's just brilliant. Oh and it sounds godly :drool:...

It's more about the proportions than the engine swap. They've had to cut so much of the body off in order to fit the big tires required to handle that much power that it just looks somewhat wrong in the end.

7f842da26cb10e9c55e0a6bb365594ba.jpg

It's more about the proportions than the engine swap. They've had to cut so much of the body off in order to fit the big tires required to handle that much power that it just looks somewhat wrong in the end.

7f842da26cb10e9c55e0a6bb365594ba.jpg

Correct, and I know that, they did recycle a lot of the ASCAR, as was their plan. But to be honest I don't really care, as it looks so purposeful and bad-ass, with it being so wide and low. Yes, there's very little of the original '86 left, but I love it. And that V8 soundtrack only adds to the mix. It's certainly divisive, but it's all in the charm for me.

Usually I say it's all wrong, but on this occasion, it's just so right. The only other "swap" I'd do to an AE86, is drop an F20C into it, which has been done before of course.

For some reason I read this as the Hayabusa... :lol:

And I don't like the Hayabusa that much. It's an incredible engineering feat and I understand why it's built like that but it looks like a whale.

And white.

I hate white cars. There's a few exceptions, but white is a no-no for me.

-----------------

I know this might be a car only thread but I found this custom Cagiva Mito and I love it, It's called the Scorpion Performance

big_scorpionperformance09.jpg

So what is the motor sourced from? Or is it a custom V4 made especially for that bike?

The bike originally has a 125cc single 2 stroke engine. It has been enlarged to a 200cc cylinder with a turbo a nitrous oxide producing around 90PS. It has several bits in carbon, the mono sway arm is from the F4 MV Agusta. It has several parts from Ducati and even a R1 as far as I know.

This is how a stock Cagiva Mito looks like

Cagiva_Mito_Evo.png

Back