Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,666 comments
I didn't like this car when I first saw it, but it's grown on me.

1306-1964-lincoln-continental-rear-view.jpg

1969-lincoln-continental-9.jpg

This Crown Victoria (with the awesome name of Rocket Couch) has a supercharged 4.6L V8 making 454hp and 472lb-ft at the wheels. This is how you do a sleeper. :drool:

article-page-1.jpg

Oh wow, I was totally unaware of this thread, awesome.

I'll get some goodies here sooner or later.

BTW, dat car in the first and second picture Josh. If it grown on you, then nicely done.

It's not just different set of wheels, it's a different car completely. The first one has side view mirror and an emblem on the c-pillar.
I guess I should've payed closer attention. The first one is a lot better than the second one, but I still like the second one.

V8Pinto.jpg

Had a race modified Boss 302 engine. Was replaced for a normal 302 at some point in it's life :/

The Pinto is one of the most commonly modified cars ever, apparently. And most modded Pintos are seriously fast.
The owner said with a stock 302 it ran 7.1 in the 1/8th mile which I believe works out to be a low 11 in the 1/4. Don't want to know how fast it was with the Boss motor.

Eagle on the back is epic, and the Latin translates to "Always Faithful." Not sure if the owner was a Marine, but that's their motto: Semper Fidelis.
IMG_20140319_180925.jpg

I considered it, but I probably won't get a piece that big done. My arms will be covered before then.
Mine would be a small version.

But anyway, we should get back to topic before someone gets pissed off :lol:.

This thing, although it may not look that far from stock (except the paint), was crazy. This is the loudest car I've ever heard, louder than the Viper engine in an SRT-10 Ram.
IMG_20140322_130623.jpg

I've always had a thing for making my cars less cluttered.. Keep em OEM+ in a way the manufacturer could've done it if they had the balls or commitment. Make em low, some nice wheels, details no one will ever notice.. And you're set. You can be the judges.. :)

My old Daihatsu 16v, coilovers, wheels, oem upgraded interior
IMG058-1.jpg

My Golf Mk2, coilovers, wheels, Porsche door handles
8472287158_af6f50675a_b.jpg

My daily, coilovers, wheels, stubby antenna off a Rav4, Funcargo rear badge
9542458053_3dbc66c7b7_b.jpg

Old Golf Mk3, coilovers, wheels, GTI tails, joey modded head lights, smoked fender markers, exhaust, mirror delete, VR6 Recaro cloth interior, VR-lip
8228445316_bddd04af00_b.jpg

Winter beater Mk3, thrown together with some parts from the red car and some I had from before; look past the missing door handle, the missing dummies in the bumper and the rust; I swear this car is Nazi Germany's revenge or something.

13316831783_921468d449_b.jpg

Others can keep their body kits, Altezza tails, sticker bombing, fake rust, ill-fitting wheels, eyelids, aftermarket LEDs etc. :)

Latest Posts

Back