• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,666 comments
P1130737-1200x800.jpg

P1130823-1200x800.jpg

tas_2019_dino_dalle_carbonare_222-1200x800.jpg

makellos-porsche-safari-911-fifteen52-title.jpg

PPIK2032-Edit.jpg

bmw-135i-e82-jeremy-whittle-socal-california-san-diego-orange-county.jpg

I'm not sure if it's questionable, or tasteful, but one thing is for certain, it looks good.

https://silodrome.com/custom-luxury-range-rover/

Custom-Luxury-Range-Rover-Interior-18-740x493.jpg

Corvette-LS3-740x493.jpg

Custom-Luxury-Range-Rover-Interior-14-740x493.jpg

Far from being just a plain old engine swap, the Range Rover you see here has been comprehensively rebuilt by the team at E.C.D. Automotive Design – formerly known as East Coast Defender.

Dubbed Project Alpha, this Range Rover has been nut-and-bolt restored with a powder-coated frame, a repainted body, fully rebuilt and upgraded axles, a new suspension system (clients can choose from either performance or comfort), and a new performance braking system.

The 6.2 liter Corvette LS3 V8 sends power to the wheels via a 6-speed automatic gearbox, the Range Rover maintains both high and low range abilities as well – vital for any serious off roading. The steering system has been upgraded, and a tire pressure monitoring system is fitted as standard.

The interior is completely rebuilt and retrimmed, the original seats are re-engineered, then reupholstered in Spinneybeck leather. This same leather is used for the dashboard and doors, and interior accent trim is available in ash wood, piano black, or carbon fiber.

Something a bit more extreme

XH1A5578.jpg

XT2B5794.jpg

XH1A5605.jpg

My favourite custom build by a mile though was a dark gray Porsche, which believe it or not, used to be a perfectly good road-going 997 Turbo. The private team from Franco Scribante Racing has raced and owned many epic race cars over the years ... For their latest project, they decided to go all out, building from the ground up, removing every original panel, stripping the car out completely, then fitting it with a VAD full wide-body kit completely constructed from carbon fiber.
They also had a custom motor, gearbox and drivetrain built, which has gone through quite a lot of changes already. Because the engine package can churn out close to 1,000hp, it also likes to destroy lots of its components.
http://www.speedhunters.com/2019/02/passion-speed-battle-millennials/

I find it funny that my feelings toward those corresponds to my feelings toward the way an individual pictured with the last one is dressed:

"Chino shorts and a sweater? Really?"

I was going to remark on how fresh that engine compartment looks and then I noticed the canted cam cover in front of the brake booster, warranting closer inspection. It's kind of astonishing how well that engine (specifically its cover) suits the sheetmetal that envelopes it--it looks factory original. I think I'd like to see a satin black flex intake tube and a cowl over the filter just to put an exclamation point on the factory appearance, but very well done.

Back