TDU: DLC Revealed

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 2,360 comments
Just a quick note, bud. Murcielago's are AWD. ;)
Yeah I know they usually are, bud. But you will clearly see when you drive that roadster that its RWD. Maybe its a glitch in the game while playing hardcore mode. As soon as you hit the gas with all the traction off in hardcore mode the rear tires instantly turn red and the front stay green. Indicating the car was built as RWD.

Yeah I know they usually are, bud. But you will clearly see when you drive that roadster that its RWD. Maybe its a glitch in the game while playing hardcore mode. As soon as you hit the gas with all the traction off in hardcore mode the rear tires instantly turn red and the front stay green. Indicating the car was built as RWD.

Oh, I know what you mean, bud. For me, it was the same way with the standard Murcielago. I think it has something to deal with the active differential that's in the Murcielago. On launch, I think it puts more power to the rear wheels. I could very well be wrong, though. Best way to test it, is to try and do a standing burnout by high revving the engine, dropping the clutch, then hitting the brakes. If you can keep the rear wheels spinning, then they designed the car improperly.

Oh, I know what you mean, bud. For me, it was the same way with the standard Murcielago. I think it has something to deal with the active differential that's in the Murcielago. On launch, I think it puts more power to the rear wheels. I could very well be wrong, though. Best way to test it, is to try and do a standing burnout by high revving the engine, dropping the clutch, then hitting the brakes. If you can keep the rear wheels spinning, then they designed the car improperly.
Thats what I did yesterday to test it out and it just kept the rear tires spinning. Once I put the traction control on it was a lot better but with it off the car was very hard to handle because the rear would keep spinning out. :)

The Viscous Traction system sends most of the power to the rear wheels on launch. In real life, the car has a Launch Control where you turn on sport mode, turn off traction control, and just dial up 4000 RPM then WHOOOOOSH!

davygravy
New download content!

Name: Free Saturn Curve
Price: Free
Availability: Available for all Xbox Live Gold members
Dash Details: Download the Saturn Curve for free (in-game currency still required for purchase at respective dealer).

Name: Test Drive Collection - Volume 4
Price: 350 Points
Availability: Available for all Xbox Live members
Dash Details:Premium set includes the Ferrari Challenge Stradale, Cadillac Cien, RUF RK Spyder, Dino 246 GT, Lamborghini Murciélago Roadster, TVR T440R and Saturn Curve. In-game currency still required for purchase at respective dealer.

Yes I saw this today too. I can't wait for the Dino 246 GT:D.

man i love the challenge straddale!!! sound's (borat voice) 'very nice':D

and very cheap! 150k! it cost that to tune it lol.

i am a bit dissapointed to see no diablo or 427 though, however the challenge, tvr(they need to make the lcd, it's in outcar view:crazy:) and murcialago roadster well make up for it. The murcialago wheel's still look a little on the small side though...

Speaking of which.... I have to preorder that. Badly. I wish that you could tune the Curve, it would be a really fast car....

I'm thinking about buying this game so is this very free roam and interactive or is it just take a car and drive it around an island with AI cars? I like the thought of a bunch of buddies just crusining in nice cars around a large map...

It's free roaming, you can go where ever you like on the island as long as you can make it up some of the steeper hills. You can cruise with people but only up to 8 people if I can remember correctly. You have to drive to the races (well not all the time, there is fast travel) and to your houses, dealers, and other shops in the game. If you play it like a RPG it's quite fun.

I'm thinking about buying this game so is this very free roam and interactive or is it just take a car and drive it around an island with AI cars? I like the thought of a bunch of buddies just crusining in nice cars around a large map...

For me, the game revolves around it's free-roaming ability. The singleplayer portion of it is so-so, but online play is where its at. Nothing quite like hooking up with up to 7 of your buddies in some fast cars and cruising the entire island of Oahu (GPS mapped within 1yd of actual location).

I got to drive the Dino, and although is does sound a little weird it's a good group G car:D.
And now I own all of the group G cars in TDU(for now).

If your into car games at all then TDU is a MUST HAVE in the collection. 👍 I have over 120 pics posted in this thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=86224 from TDU. Almost all the pics are with people online and we can meet up anywhere we want to race or take pics anywhere on the entire island. ITs as free-roaming as it gets. You can even go offroad. :) The graphics are even better than those pics. The photomode in TDU doesnt look as good as the real game. The single player will take you around 90-100 hours to complete. And the game was only $39.99 brand new. They also keep producing DLC. :)
I still say its one of the best racing games I ever played.

How can you game melt?

Because I have never heard that one before, anyway I am loving the new T440R.

I don't think so. I'm sure it says all codes are un-refundable once it's used on the box...

For anyone who drives inside the cockpit view, have you also noticed that the TVR 440R and the Cadillac Cien both don't have functioning gauges. Also, when driving the Murcielago Roadster, the Speedometer wraps around, more than one time. I wonder if they're still working on this pack. :indiff:

Is this game boring to anyone else now? I just cant seem to get into TDU anymore since the FM2 demo came out, and now that the full game is out, I'm even considering trading TDU in. :indiff:

Is this game boring to anyone else now? I just cant seem to get into TDU anymore since the FM2 demo came out, and now that the full game is out, I'm even considering trading TDU in. :indiff:

Totally different kind of game. Aside from the fact that they both feature cars, they're nothing alike.

I haven't played it in quite a while, but I doubt I'll ever get rid of it... just like being able to hop in a car and cruise... to cruise for hours and never see the same place twice.

Totally different kind of game. Aside from the fact that they both feature cars, they're nothing alike.

I haven't played it in quite a while, but I doubt I'll ever get rid of it... just like being able to hop in a car and cruise... to cruise for hours and never see the same place twice.

Agreed, I think I just stopped doing races in that game once I got to the point where you could make a ton of money in just a few minutes. I now just get into the cockpit mode and go for a cruise.

Back