Team Dark Side Official Thread

• Thread starter Nickrows
  • 1,169 comments
HBD J, and also Hyper. Didn't know you 2 had the same birthday.

I should be getting back online in a few days. Work is finally slowing down a little bit.
Yeah we do I almost forgot to wish hyper a happy birthday. So Happy bday hyper my bad I forgot I knew it was today. I just have so much going on like you nick just never have the time to think.

Felicidades abuelo! Wishing you the best, have a nice day & don't party too hard....guarra ;-)
Gracias negrita! Wish I was partying stuck at work til 10:30pm. Trying to do alot of stuff for work very stressful. Hope to come back to the drag scene soon since I just got gt6 today.

Apparently we have a recruiter for TDS that isn't even part of the team. I logged on last night for the first time in awhile, and had a message entitled "Legit recruiter?"

In that message, the guy tells me that Flaming_Recon1 gave him a tryout as we (TDS) have 2 spots on the roster to fill. After a dozen or so races, our "recruiter" said this kid could be on the team. He would just have to run it by his boss. That is when the potential recruit sent me a message asking if it was legit.

So if any of you have been recruited by this imposter, I'm sorry. The only people that can/will recruit for TDS are on our roster, which is listed on the first page of this thread.

So if any of you have been recruited by this imposter, I'm sorry. The only people that can/will recruit for TDS are on our roster, which is listed on the first page of this thread.

My plans have been foiled! D:<

Good runs last night, stupid how some people will lie and BS their way into being related to a team. What exactly was his next step in world domination? Starting a fake TDS that's "allied" with you? lol

My plans have been foiled! D:<

Good runs last night, stupid how some people will lie and BS their way into being related to a team. What exactly was his next step in world domination? Starting a fake TDS that's "allied" with you? lol

Like the kid that has Mclaren in his name... Not saying who though. Lol. What if this is fake and just trying to get in everyones head???

Apparently we have a recruiter for TDS that isn't even part of the team. I logged on last night for the first time in awhile, and had a message entitled "Legit recruiter?"

In that message, the guy tells me that Flaming_Recon1 gave him a tryout as we (TDS) have 2 spots on the roster to fill. After a dozen or so races, our "recruiter" said this kid could be on the team. He would just have to run it by his boss. That is when the potential recruit sent me a message asking if it was legit.

Imitation is the best form of flattery lol.

I just seen a video which shows FM5 with an update that brings head to head drag racing with a proper tree & lights. But as far as I know its only an online multiplayer drag racing feature. Not sure if they implemented a timing system if an offline version exists.

It looks badass though. I really hope PD hurry up and add a Drag racing Test to time our cars. I don't care if its payed dlc in the form of mini transactions.

Who knows they might add a bigger and better Drag Test. Hopefully you can choose between 1/4M, 1/2M 3/4M, 1M. Then testing everything from 1/4M - 3K would be superb. I know that some of these are not official or real drag runs but hell yeah it would just complete gt6.

To Kraig

Sorry for the stupid question im feeling a little stupid in the head today and im not thinking straight. In your latest GTR '12 Drag tune video, you show yourself racing against the ghost on route x. How do you do this? Did you start a race with ghost car enabled? run to 400m then just restart race? or did you do it in free run?

Last edited:
To start a ghost run.
Enter time trial at SSRX.
Do a run from the start/finish line, make sure the lap timer dont start until you launch.
Complete the lap.
Save the best lap replay.

Now when you go out for the next run line up how you did and rerun the ghost should show as soon as you launch.

Two notes. This dont work at Indy, as soon as you go off track and stop the lap turns red and you cant save it.
Another note, you can get a good guesstamation of what time the car does in the 1/4 after any run watch the replay and pause as soon as you hit the line, and look at the lap timer. Bootleg but its close.

Thankyou Ryzno I didn't mean to sound so stupid but I was sure there wasn't a way to do it off normal lap/race ghost. mainly because the thought of time trial completely slipped my mind because I never do time trials. I'm so glad we have some way of tuning our cars faster even if its just a ghost. Cheers for that ryzno and kraig for bringing that to my attention.

Thankyou Ryzno I didn't mean to sound so stupid but I was sure there wasn't a way to do it off normal lap/race ghost. mainly because the thought of time trial completely slipped my mind because I never do time trials. I'm so glad we have some way of tuning our cars faster even if its just a ghost. Cheers for that ryzno and kraig for bringing that to my attention.
That thought never crossed my mind. When I saw the vid I was like you WTF how!
Thanks to kraig for this tip!

It's crazy I have had gt6 now for 3 days and still have not opened it lol. I have been playing Batman Origins which is a very good game.

It's really good but then again I am a Batman fan. The first assassin you have to beat is a pain in the arse. Overall I give the game a 9.5!
I'll have to see if its on PSN, I'm tempted to get it now. I've heard good reviews on websites but those were always by critics who have to nitpick the bad parts.

I'll have to see if its on PSN, I'm tempted to get it now. I've heard good reviews on websites but those were always by critics who have to nitpick the bad parts.
That's true people will always find something wrong with a game. IMHO it's a great game packed with action. Like I said I am a batman fan so not everyone is gonna like it.

For anyone who does not have gt6:

Gran Turismo 6 is on sale for $39.99 at Amazon and Gamestop. Offer valid from 12/26-12/29 at Gamestop, Amazon sale length period has not been confirmed. Available in the United States only. Note: Gamestop is confirmed to be selling the 15th Anniversary Edition which you can buy either online or in stores. Use promotional code “SAVER” in order to get free shipping through Gamestop.com.

We have not been able to confirm which version Amazon is selling, although the artwork in the sale page is of the standard edition, you can never assume what your final product will be before receiving it.

Buyers who purchased GT6 at regular price from retailers that feature price-match-guarantees and are still in possession of their receipts may qualify for partial reimbursement. Be sure to check with your store.

NOTE: I POSTED THIS HERE BECAUSE I AM NOT SURE HOW MANY OF YOU READ THE GTP NEWS SECTION!

Last edited:

I remember this kid. A few months back he was in a room with me and Nick. Trying so hard to impress Nick with his r34tc which had a bs tune on it lol. Kept asking nick if it was better or worst. I could hear it in Nick's voice that he was getting annoyed with recon. Sorry for the double post!!

I remember this kid. A few months back he was in a room with me and Nick. Trying so hard to impress Nick with his r34tc which had a bs tune on it lol. Kept asking nick if it was better or worst. I could hear it in Nick's voice that he was getting annoyed with recon. Sorry for the double post!!

Haha, yeah he used to try pretty hard. Always come out with "I made my car faster, you won't be able to beat me now", only to see my tail lights over and over again.

I'll be online again this evening if anyone wants to run. I actually need to spend some time tuning these cars that I have.

Back