Team Shmo GT6 tuning - Light Car Company Rocket ’07 550pp

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 263 comments

Toyota 86 GT 12

Let's first address the paint. Yes, I went with full chrome. It looks awesome with black rims and carbon hood. The rear lights are also a chrome look stock which looks awesome since all you can see are these two glowing tail lights. Maybe my favorite car to have in chrome. Now onto the actual tune. I decided to go with 450pp because not many cars are actually that fast at such a low pp. This one however is my go to as it performs great and is super easy to drive. Best part is it can be used with ANY tires. I made this tune on sport hard and it drives very smoothly, but put on sports soft and it makes it much more aggressive. If you go the other way and put comfort tires on it the car will still be easy to drive, but you can't slam on the gas out of the corners are much or the tires will go red. I win all the GT6 450pp seasonals with this. Works well on all tracks, but due to the low pp it's better for small to medium ones.

Ford GT 05 (drag)

The Ford GT '05 is a Mid Engine Rear wheel drive supercar with lots of torque. It is the fastest model in the Ford GT range from Ford. The Ford GT '05 in GT6 has a whopping 940bhp The car is light and has a lot of torque making maximum power @ 7000rpms. If you use NOS start in 2nd and shift at 80 with the redline for all the others. Without NOS still start in 2nd, but shift at about 7000-7500rpm instead of the redline for best results. It's pretty fast, but still weight a bit more and has a bit less hp than a Pagani Huayra or McLaren MP4-12C making it a littler slower. Looks great and sounds great which always adds to the cool points lol.

More drag tunes by wraith of horus

Pics are by nbdesignz

Saleen S7 02

Super scary ultra fast car. The Saleen S7 is one of the fastest cars ever made and is still one of the fastest cars in the world today. I have been wanting to make a tune for it since GT5 and finally got the chance now. It is truly mind bowlingly fast. There is so much HP and it weights so little that it is more like a rocketship than a car. I can't even explain how fast this car is it is just something you have to test and see. I actually don't find it that hard to control even with all the power etc. It's weird because you will make a few mistakes here and there and think your times around the track will be horrible and even with the mistakes you will still be 10seconds ahead all other cars. Every track I raced this at it was either my fastest car or basically tied with the Pagani Huayra. Super impressive since the Huayra is brand new while this car is over 10years old! Looks insane, is insane, ton of fun to drive, I literally have no complaints. So keep in mind it does have a lot of HP so watch your gas out of the corners and watch braking on the way in, but I don't think you will have much trouble with it.

It will be interesting to see how good the new Saleen "foursixteen"(Tesla Model S) will be. If it's anything like this that car will be spectacular to drive. Saleen really doesn't joke around when making tunes for cars and it shows

Dodge SRT Challenger SRT8 08

This is a 1/4 drag tune. Really cool looking car. I love the stripes on the hood. Mine is matte black which looks awesome on this car. The Challenger is pretty quick, but like most muscle cars sufferes from weighing a huge amount. Hard to tell how fast it is since many other cars at this level are competitive. Start in gear 3 and shift at 80mph. All the others are at the red line. Also hold nos from the start.

Nissan GT-R NISMO '14

Brand new to Gran Turismo 6 the epic Nissan GT-R NISMO '14. I saw this car when it first came out and wished it was in GT6. I was going to make a Nissan GTR Black Edition tune and just say it was the Nismo edition, but I decided against it since the Nismo is supposed to be faster and be able to beat Black Editions. Fast forward to now GT6 has given away this NISMO to everyone for free! It is easily the most bad ass looking GTR yet. As you can see from the picture above I have mine pitch black with the red trim looking sick. Got those special rims with the red strip too and painted them black so everything matches. It looks insane. I made a tune for this car a couple days ago when it first came out, but it wasn't exactly how I wanted it. I took a little extra time with this one to make sure it was perfect. A little stiff at first made it faster with a perfect lap, but usually slower as it was just too hard to control most of the time. I softened everything up a little and made a few more tweaks and finally got it how I wanted it. Very fast car. Up there with the Saleen S7 which is another epic car. Not that hard to drive fast and absorbs lots of bumps on the track. It also tops out at about 260mph which is insane. Everything about this car is just awesome and I hope you guys like it too.

Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70

I never pick yellow for my cars, only on the rarest of occasions. I only picked yellow for this car because I wanted to add it my paint collections, but after looking at it a while the car looks spectacular in yellow. The yellow paint with black stripe on the side with the vinyl black roof is just too sick. Got the matching black and yellow rims to, to just set it over the top. Even the hood is black to really make things pop. So now I had a car that looked great and needed a tune to go with it. This one is excellent as it lets the car still be a muscle car, but refines all that power into a racing package. Lot's of fun to drive and not too heavy as far as muscle cars go. Still have to watch the gas here and there however.

Nissan 240ZG (HS30) 71

Taking a break from super high hp cars to come back to more realistic cars. This one has just enough hp to be very fun and is crazy light too. Use sports soft tires to make it even more fun and realistic. I have no problem controlling it with lower grade tires and racing softs are kind of over kill for a 240zg with only 309hp. A lot of fun to drive and handles really was too. It can get a little skittish here and there, but nothing out of control like a super car would be like. I painted mine matte red with matching rims and brakes. Looks pretty cool and kind of funny too.

Nissan GT-R NISMO '14

Brand new to Gran Turismo 6 the epic Nissan GT-R NISMO '14. I saw this car when it first came out and wished it was in GT6. I was going to make a Nissan GTR Black Edition tune and just say it was the Nismo edition, but I decided against it since the Nismo is supposed to be faster and be able to beat Black Editions. Fast forward to now GT6 has given away this NISMO to everyone for free! It is easily the most bad ass looking GTR yet. As you can see from the picture above I have mine pitch black with the red trim looking sick. Got those special rims with the red strip too and painted them black so everything matches. It looks insane. I made a tune for this car a couple days ago when it first came out, but it wasn't exactly how I wanted it. I took a little extra time with this one to make sure it was perfect. A little stiff at first made it faster with a perfect lap, but usually slower as it was just too hard to control most of the time. I softened everything up a little and made a few more tweaks and finally got it how I wanted it. Very fast car. Up there with the Saleen S7 which is another epic car. Not that hard to drive fast and absorbs lots of bumps on the track. It also tops out at about 260mph which is insane. Everything about this car is just awesome and I hope you guys like it too.

Free Run Silverstone GP Layout Test Lap (RS) - 1:53:358 :eek:

Faster then some racing car. A speed freak car, ideal for fast tracks and speed tests. 👍

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 &'13 (drag)

A 1/4 mile drag tune for the fastest car in the game. I wasn't ever planning on doing a drag tune for this car as whenever I go into a online drag room with one I get kicked or people tell me to change my car. However I got a lot of request for this car and after a very long time of trial and error here it is! It will easily beat any other car on the track by a pretty far distance. Even other Veyron's it can beat with ease. I did lose to one guy in his Veyron who said he set the transmission in the 2.500 range first so feel free to play around the transmission if you know what you are doing. It is super fast tho. Does pretty much a clean 7sec on Indy and 186mph by the end which is blisteringly fast. I found the fastest was to start in gear 3 and shift at 100mph. All the rest shift at the redline. I also tested lots of different break settings, but at this speed you are going into the wall at the end whether you like it or not. A little negative of the car is you can't change rims, add spoilers, or add gauges. You can however change the paint AND paint the racing breaks. it actually looks pretty cool with match breaks to the paint color. Different from anyone else's that way.

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10

Everyone knows the SLS and what a monster it is. No one thought the beast could be tamed, but luckily for all of you it has been done! For those of you unaware the Mercedes SLS is basically a toned down version of the Mercedes Benz SLR. Usually Mercedes makes luxury sedans, but the Mercedes Benz SLR mclaren and Mercedes Benz SLS are some of the fastest and nicest looking cars money can buy. I tested this tune at many tracks and was super impressed by it. I had no trouble controlling it everywhere I went and it still maintained very quick laps. I am sure you will also be extremely impressed by it as well and so will everyone else when you smoke them online.

A message from the creator Jonathan Glanville. A brief story on this tune. During my time playing GT5 everyone I raced with online said that the SLS AMG is by far the hardest car to tune and therefore refused to use. My personal belief is very similar to your's and that no car can't be tuned. So I set forth upon a quest to tune this 800+ hp behemoth. After finally finding race tunes for the real GT3 race car, I then started my tuning. At first the results were poor, it spun every corner, traction was at a lost. I couldn't place torque down on the ground like I wanted to. I added everything to the ridiculous wing in that game. Finally it started gripping, straight-aways had been mastered, but how about turning? I chose to use Nurburgring to finish off the tuning. After about four months of playing with the suspension I found a set up that actually worked. "The Beast" was born or so my racing buddies had nicknamed it. At 1.37 g on the take off for 0-60, it plastered as 2.3 second acceleration. So I brought this tune over to GT6 and made a few tweaks to the suspension once more. Aptly named in German "Die Jager Hund" (the Hunting Hound) this SLS is a monster to behold.

Pics of the very nice black mercedes car are by nbdesignz

Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC2)
drag

This is for 1/4 mile drag. I did the Honda Civic Type R tune a little while ago, but didn't find it to be that fast. This car however is much faster. It is super light weight with even more hp compared to the Civic which makes it a lot faster. I have beat most people with this tune, but some warning is don't go up against any newer model Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) as they are too just fast. I think those are probably the fastest FF drag cars, but I haven't tried them all yet. I did try a Honda Accord type r because it has even more hp, but wasn't as fast as I'd had hoped. Start in gear 1 and shift at about 40mph with shifting at the redline for all other gears. It starts a little slow due to wheelspin, but really picks up speed fast in later gears. This is also a NO NOS tune as every room I go into is always no nos allowed for some reason. You can add it ti yours if you want and it will just be a little faster. If you do try starting in gear 2 with nos held down.

Last edited:

Ford Focus ST '13

Really liking this new Ford Focus. The ST version is even nicer with is subtle, but sportier looks. It has almost 500hp which is insane for a small FF car. It's actually a little bit too much power for the car. I debated about lowering the hp with smaller turbos etc, but ran into the same problems of excessive tire spin either way. At max power it is much faster on the straights, but watch how hard to hit the gas out of the corners. Be very gentle. Remember to squeeze the gas just enough to push around and ease fully onto it on the exit. The added power makes it excellent for large tracks however. Small tight corner tracks you are probably going to have a lot of wheel spin, but large wide turns with big straights this car flies. I got 7min exact on Nurburgring on my first run. That means this car can easily do under 7min if I practised more or if it had a better driver. Nos would also help too. I did everything I could to reduce wheel spin and even tho it still has some here and there it doesn't really affect handling too much. I noticed I would still make the turns perfectly even with one tire smoking up the track. The Ford Focus price is pretty cheap for all that you get with this car.

Audi RS 6 Avant 08 drag

This car is for 1/4mile drag and is ultimate sleeper car. No one would ever think this audi avant rs6 has so much power and could destroy so many other cars. If you have played GT6 or GT5 before you probably already know about how fast the audi rs6 wagon really is, but it's still funny to break out online. Over 1000hp in a 4wd station wagon is pretty insane. It's not as quick as a Nissan GTR, but it's still up there in the top cars. Start in 1st with nos slammed and redline all the other gears.

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A FD 02

The Mazda RX-7 is a Japan classic. It symbolizes the golden era of the Japanese car industry. From the looks to the Wankel engine Mazda had a hit from the start. I have made a RX-7 drift tune already, but it was time to see how it would stack up as a race car. As no surprise it is spectacular. The perfect balance of hp and weight allow this car to fly around the tracks. It really is fast too. With a little practise I was landing crazy fast laps around whatever track I was testing it at. The RX-7 is one of my favorite cars ever made and I'm sure after using this tune it will become one of yours as well.

Honda INTEGRA TYPE R DC5 03 (drag)

This is for 1/4 mile drag. I started with the Civic drag tune and then moved to the DC2 Integra and now up to the big boy DC5 Integra. I picked the '03 over the '04 because this one weighs 10kg less. Doesn't sound like much, but when it comes to drag any advantage is a good advantage. This car should be able to handle pretty much any other FF car or at least be quite competitive. I have beaten most people, but like anything there is still room for some improvement. This tune is decent on the launch, but really picks up down the track. The hard part of any FF drag tune is the launch because the front wheel drive system just can't catch any traction. The tires will always spin like crazy. It has a bit more power than the DC2, but also weighs a little more. Most of the time this will end up with it winning against them, but I have been smoked by a couple super pro tuned DC2 Integras before.

DMC DeLorean S2 (drag)

Although you have probably never seen on in real life everyone knows it from Back to the Future. One thing that is weird is this car says it is 2004 when the actual car came out in the early 80's. I assume the GT6 version is a modern version or some special edition. Either way I made it into a drag car. You might think that this car will be slow at drag racing since it only has a 500hp, but you would be greatly mistaken as I can easily put down an 8.5 quarter mile time. I even beat a 1000hp BMW M4 with it. Use NOS for the fastest times and start in 2nd and shift at 75mph. All the rest are at the red line. Without NOS start in 1st and redline all the gears. I love that you can hear the turbo spooling up and the turbo hiss when you shift gears. Makes drag racing a lot more fun. Also to me this car always looked just ok. I like the bare aluminum, but it just didn't look that fancy to me. If you paint it a gloss red, yellow, blue, etc I sweat you will think Ferrari made it. It looks exactly like an Italian super car of that era once it has a nice coat of paint on it. I was very tempted to paint it, but left it stock to give it that Back to the Future look. I like that when you hit the gas off the line the tires smoke and it leaves the rubber burns in the toad just like in the movie. Don't worry I kept the shift point at 75mph instead of the Back to the Future mph of 88 to make sure you don't time travel anywhere.

Honda CR-Z a '10

Hybrid! In the car world there is usually a lot of hate on hybrids since they are usually slow and boring. The newer super cars like the McLaren P1, Porsche 918, and Ferrari LaFerrari have embraced hybrid technology to make the cars even faster. This has definitely shifted the views of car lovers, but in terms of cars we can all afford hybrids still suck. Luckily the Honda CR-Z a was made at an affordable price tag and doesn't let performance suffer. First thing I will say is they kept the design of the car looking very nice. Sharp edges and interesting shape give this car a very unique look. Once you add the body kit and new rims, etc the looks go to a whole new level of cool. The performance is also no slouch. Very fast little car that handles great too. I had a ton of fun driving this Honda around any track I tested it at. Since it has such low hp it isn't as fast as a Honda Civic could be, but in terms of handle and fun factor it is equal.

DMC DeLorean S2 (drag)

Although you have probably never seen on in real life everyone knows it from Back to the Future. One thing that is weird is this car says it is 2004 when the actual car came out in the early 80's. I assume the GT6 version is a modern version or some special edition. Either way I made it into a drag car. You might think that this car will be slow at drag racing since it only has a 500hp, but you would be greatly mistaken as I can easily put down an 8.5 quarter mile time. I even beat a 1000hp BMW M4 with it. Use NOS for the fastest times and start in 2nd and shift at 75mph. All the rest are at the red line. Without NOS start in 1st and redline all the gears. I love that you can hear the turbo spooling up and the turbo hiss when you shift gears. Makes drag racing a lot more fun. Also to me this car always looked just ok. I like the bare aluminum, but it just didn't look that fancy to me. If you paint it a gloss red, yellow, blue, etc I sweat you will think Ferrari made it. It looks exactly like an Italian super car of that era once it has a nice coat of paint on it. I was very tempted to paint it, but left it stock to give it that Back to the Future look. I like that when you hit the gas off the line the tires smoke and it leaves the rubber burns in the toad just like in the movie. Don't worry I kept the shift point at 75mph instead of the Back to the Future mph of 88 to make sure you don't time travel anywhere.

When i am able to play again, i am going to use this. and i will drag you in my skyline nur i told you about. will be able to play soon. (Hopefully). Lol.

Honda CR-Z a '10

Hybrid! In the car world there is usually a lot of hate on hybrids since they are usually slow and boring. The newer super cars like the McLaren P1, Porsche 918, and Ferrari LaFerrari have embraced hybrid technology to make the cars even faster. This has definitely shifted the views of car lovers, but in terms of cars we can all afford hybrids still suck. Luckily the Honda CR-Z a was made at an affordable price tag and doesn't let performance suffer. First thing I will say is they kept the design of the car looking very nice. Sharp edges and interesting shape give this car a very unique look. Once you add the body kit and new rims, etc the looks go to a whole new level of cool. The performance is also no slouch. Very fast little car that handles great too. I had a ton of fun driving this Honda around any track I tested it at. Since it has such low hp it isn't as fast as a Honda Civic could be, but in terms of handle and fun factor it is equal.
Nice tune thanks:)

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 09

One month ago on the same day the amazing Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10 tune was released. It's a great car overall, but what if you want even more power? Well that is where the SLR comes in. Scary fast power, killer looks, great handling. It really is the total package. The looks of this car are one of my favorites because it's just so big and bold yet still somehow refined. It similar to the Veyron where it can be so luxurious and still have so much power. The GT6 version has lots of cool body kits for the to really make it your own. Usually body kits are kind of basic, but this Mercedes Benz SLR has very unique ones like fenders etc. With all the HP and being able to change the looks slightly you can pretend you are driving a SLR McLaren 722. Great car to drive, but it is a 2009 so don't expect to beat any Pagani Huayra, but you will come pretty close.

McLaren F1 '94 (drag)

This is for 1/4 drag. Everyone knows of the epic McLaren F1. To this day it is still one of the fastest accelerating cars and fastest top speed cars in the world. Extremely impressive. The design of it looks very polished yet extreme with all of it's scoops and cuts everywhere. In terms of a pure drag car however it is still super quick, but I don't think you will beat any top GTR's. The rear wheel drive can only grip so much. Off the line I am usually quicker than any other car which is amazing, but then they speed ahead due to more grip. With NOS is an even 8sec time. Start in 3rd with NOS slammed and shift at 100mph. All the other gears shift at the red line. Very fast and lots of fun since not too many people use this online, but just a bit slower than the McLaren 12C drag tune which can beat GTR's. This is also the last tune of 2014!

More beautiful pics of the F1 and 12C can be seen on the Team Shmo Tumblr page

Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package '12

The first tune of 2015 I decided will be the LFA Nürburgring edition track tuned specifically for Nürburgring. The Lexus LFA is a already very rare car which you will probably never see driving around on the streets. The Nürburgring Package however is even rarer. The differences between the two are rather minimal, but noticeable. Since this car is for the Nürburgring it was only right that I turn it into a race monster dedicated to this track. I assume this tune would work fine on all track especially good on bumpy ones and be great for the normal LFA as they are so similar already. Excellent car overall. It flies through the turns and when you step on the gas to really open up the throttle it's gone. Easily hit 250mph+ on a long straight yet barely any wheel spin on the tight corners. If you have never driven or suck at driving this course do not be afraid to totally let off the gas. That is actually the key. Let off the gas or apply less then you think to make most corners. This makes sure you stay on the track rather than flying off of it. Same thing applies with the breaks. No need to ever slam all the way down, but be smooth and gentle as much as you can. There are lot's of large straights meaning your foot will be planted to the ground enough of the time anyway.

GTR Killer 2 - Infiniti FX45 Concept (drag)

The GTR Killer 2! The GTR Killer is one of the most popular drag cars I ever made. I have been online with it and people already know exactly what it's capable of. That car is a true beast which I thought was one of a kind until now. A new beast has risen to the challenge. The Infiniti FX45 Concept '02 is a car most people would not expect to be that great, but with this tune it will pull blisteringly fast times. I can do about a 7.8sec in 1/4 mile which is very fast for a super car, but 10X more mind blowing in an SUV! I promise you will smoke most people online, but again like the last one the GTR Killer name is factual in that I have actually beaten GTR's with it, but anyone with a really great tune is still going to win. I think the first GTR Killer may be a bit faster as it weights much less, but this has more hp. Would be an interesting battle to see who comes out on top.

One tip is you must use Nos. If you don't the car is not fast at all. Start in 1st while holding nos and shift at about 50-60mph. All the rest are at the redline.

Back