Thanks to PD for all the paint chips...

  • Thread starter Thread starter kdryan
  • 44 comments
  • 4,202 views
Messages
540
United States
Planet Earth
Messages
kdryan2
...and no way to delete the darn things as far as I can see. I now have about a hundred shades of white that I will never use.
 
i have never gotten a free one... only cards =(
 
Go in to items, then select the paint chip you don't want. It then gives you the option of gifting or deleting the paint chip.
 
You get them with the cars.
 
I didn't realize about paint chepas until i check my items category on gt menu.
 
i have never gotten a free one... only cards =(

you should be, everyone else is. it doesnt notify you. just adds them to your inventory, try keeping track of how many you have one day to the next.
 
E38
Go in to items, then select the paint chip you don't want. It then gives you the option of gifting or deleting the paint chip.

Thanks.. :)
 
I dont know if you into that type of thing, but there is a trophy for collecting colors.
 
you should be, everyone else is. it doesnt notify you. just adds them to your inventory, try keeping track of how many you have one day to the next.
Oh it doesnt tell me? guess ill go check
 
Mine comes up when I first log in each day and says "Log in bonus you have received: x Museum Cards and x Paint Chips"
 
Really? I only get the museum cards. Useless...
 
As far as I know us Canadians are still only getting museum cards. :P 👎

I've got about a dozen friends (all Canadian) are we only get cards. Others I know in other countries are getting cards + chips.

No love for Canada PD?
 
Really? I only get the museum cards. Useless...

So it says for me too. But I've checked, and yes, I'm getting paint chips as well. You most likely are too.
 
I now have about a hundred shades of white that I will never use.

I very quickly noted that the game loves giving me colorless colors for everything. I mean, the game enjoys the gray scale (white, various shades of gray, and black). Just about every car I get and almost every car that shows up in the used car lot is some ugly shade of white, gray, or black. If you look at the entire used car lot in my game you may see one green, two red, a yellow, and all the rest fall along the gray scale.

:grumpy:
 
Sounds like EU and JPN have the message about both Museum cards and paint chips while NA version is only mentioning Museum Cards (but is also giving paint chips... just not getting the message).
 
As far as I know us Canadians are still only getting museum cards. :P 👎

I've got about a dozen friends (all Canadian) are we only get cards. Others I know in other countries are getting cards + chips.

No love for Canada PD?

You're getting them; it's just not in the notification. Check your paint chip list!
 
Of more use than stupid horns however, whoever came up with that idea really does deserve the sack.
 
You're getting them; it's just not in the notification. Check your paint chip list!
This.

It will say "Your have recieved X museum cards". Check your paints and you get the same amount of paints.

So, if you get 10 museum cards, you'll get 10 paints, etc., but it does NOT notify you.
 
I say we find a Dev's user name and gift all the white ones to him. J/K
I currently have something around 230 cars and over half are white.
At least for 200 cars I got a Matte. (and not matte white lol)
oh, also- I think the paint chips were (are) for non us accounts only.
I just checked mine and have 257 cars total and 250 paint chips and I have logged in every day since release.
EDIT--
I just looked through mine and although it seemed like everything I got was white, it's actually quite balanced with different colors.
 
Last edited:
I like the paint chips, that way a can get the exact colours of my favorite colours from certain cars and use them on other cars or wheels :)

Horns on the other hand are stupid, they could at least play novelty sounds, that would be cool. I'd love to have the dukes of hazzard horn for my charger. Or animal sounds would be fun too.
 
Of more use than stupid horns however, whoever came up with that idea really does deserve the sack.

It's even better if you have a G27 wheel. No horn button and I did try mapping using what some think works (the driving force pro setup)
 
The problem with those chips is they don't appear to be sortable.
 
The problem with those chips is they don't appear to be sortable.

You can mate.

In the items/paint menu there is a tab called sort by, I think from memory.

They can be sorted by.

Date
Hue (Colour)
Manufacturer, and a couple more I think, just can't remember at the moment.

Hope that helps. 👍
 
The problem with those chips is they don't appear to be sortable.

Really? Mine seem to sort fine. It's gifted chips from other players that don't seem to sort... either way though, there's odd problems with the sorting.

Ok, so I'm not crazy! I knew Sliver Chrome came out of nowhere!

Really? That's the first I've heard of someone getting the chrome or matte chip from the random daily login gift. I was under the impression those were exclusively for multiple-of-30 garage total prizes.
 
So let me get this straight.
At first everyone complains about the stupidity of the paint system and that you have to buy a car with a specific color first before you can paint it.

Now you get them on a daily basis FOR FREE and now you bitch about useless colors?

My god what is wrong with you people?
 
I was referring to the ones that you get everyday and some I had sent to myself from other accounts.

The ones from my cars sort just fine, With the number of others that I now have it is getting to be a bit of a pain.
 
I would wait until you get the trophy for the amount of collected paint chips before you start deleting them. I think it's 250 for the colorful trophy (or something like that).
 
The Trophy is for collecting 256 paint colours. I've got the Trophy and I'm still getting lots of new paint colours.
 
I would expect that the Trophy will not be awarded to chips that are gifted to you every day. I presume that they are excluded from the sorting as that is the only way that the game can tell which chips are from cars that you have bought.
 
Back