Thanks to PD for all the paint chips...

  • Thread starter Thread starter kdryan
  • 44 comments
  • 4,202 views
It is because I got the Trophy directly as a result of receiving 10 new colours a couple of days ago as a log on gift.

I've just checked and I have 274 different colours. Some of them have the same name but are listed under different manufacturers so are counted as different colours. I have 310 if I count duplicates which are counted separately even though they are the same as other colours.
 
I would expect that the Trophy will not be awarded to chips that are gifted to you every day. I presume that they are excluded from the sorting as that is the only way that the game can tell which chips are from cars that you have bought.

I received the PSN trophy yesterday for the paint chips, after getting my 10 gift ones. My count was already well past 256, though...

I should try to keep better track of exactly where I get them, so I know for sure what "counts".
 
On my main acct AU Sig. Ed. I get 10 cards /10chips login bonus every day other acct with Au Collectors get 9/9

I got 19 LFA colours the other day ;)

Also if you sort by hue I believe it actually sorts by type first e.g metallic,pearl,matte and then the hue, hence the several colour ranges (the more colours you get the easier this is too see obviously)

& gifted colours seem to only sort by date

Pretty sure I didn't have 256 cars when I got the 256 colour trophy and that all chips count...
 
Really? That's the first I've heard of someone getting the chrome or matte chip from the random daily login gift. I was under the impression those were exclusively for multiple-of-30 garage total prizes.

I received a matte black. No chrome though. My thought is that it's only paint chips you can get by buying a car (matte black is available by buying the LFA).
 
Really? That's the first I've heard of someone getting the chrome or matte chip from the random daily login gift. I was under the impression those were exclusively for multiple-of-30 garage total prizes.
I received matte light green under the daily log in on the first day it started.
 
i get the message every time i get online... if i didn't get online in the day after, i get 5 cards and 5 paints, then in the next day 6 cards and 5 paints, 7 cards and 5 paints, etc. but if you don't go online for a day, you break that chain and you will be back to 5 cards and 5 paints...
 
I'll have to look into this... I remember one day getting a message stating I got 5 museum cards and 1 paint chip. Since then, I've just been getting just museum card notifications (I'm in Canada). I never thought to check my paint chips to see if they were increasing.

And if you log in consecutively each day, you get an extra card? I didn't know that either...
 
So let me get this straight.
At first everyone complains about the stupidity of the paint system and that you have to buy a car with a specific color first before you can paint it.

Now you get them on a daily basis FOR FREE and now you bitch about useless colors?

My god what is wrong with you people?

Oh, it's probably just people who like to add useless comments to threads complaining about things while adding nothing to the conversation. You know the type...

As for the horns, who the heck thought of horns on a race car? Is the guy in front of you going to let you overtake just because you blow a horn at him? Brother!

As for the paint chips, it would be nice if when you chose 'Sort by Hue,' it actually WOULD sort by hue. Instead, I get a bunch of random colors, the the spectrum, then more random colors. You would think sort by Hue would be the default choice anyway...

I love this game, but it sure has a LOT of weird glitches about it.
 
i get the message every time i get online... if i didn't get online in the day after, i get 5 cards and 5 paints, then in the next day 6 cards and 5 paints, 7 cards and 5 paints, etc. but if you don't go online for a day, you break that chain and you will be back to 5 cards and 5 paints...
it is always even for me 10/10 9/9 8/8 etc, make sense if you log in daily your bonus builds to 10/10 and then drops a figure if you don't log for a day...
 
I like the paint chips, that way a can get the exact colours of my favorite colours from certain cars and use them on other cars or wheels :)

Horns on the other hand are stupid, they could at least play novelty sounds, that would be cool. I'd love to have the dukes of hazzard horn for my charger. Or animal sounds would be fun too.

i was thinking the same thing earlier today 💡:)
 
Of more use than stupid horns however, whoever came up with that idea really does deserve the sack.

Sentiment++.

100's of identically sounding horns. Someone thought it was a good idea? Spent thousands, if not millions, of dollars worth of time on that?

And it's not like the AI pays any attention to the horn. Or anyone online for that matter.
 
apparently PD hates me cuz they only give me 10cards
 
I'd hate to start a new thread for this, but I have a quick question related to the paint chips:
What is a good estimate on the number of different colors in the game?
 
Considering there is a trophy when you get 256 paint items, I guess it isn't so bad:)
 
You're getting them; it's just not in the notification. Check your paint chip list!

You're right, I stand corrected.... just got the "Colorful" trophy today when I signed in, and I didn't buy any cars.
 
Back