The 100% club thread...

Well, having finally obtained the magical 100%, I've embarked on a little project to try and get all of the prize cars (thank god you can cut short race series!!) - this should keep me busy for a while. I'm currently trying to secure an FTO LM and an RX-7 LM (quite happy with my orange and yellow Subaru Impreza LM's though).

I might then contemplate getting golds on licenses - I've got about a third of them, but I can see myself pulling my hair out doing it, so no rush on that one.

So, what are those of us who've obtained the 100% doing to keep the game interesting. I must admit GT3 is still my most played game.

Are you using the "save on the second to last race and reload if you don't win the car" trick? I helps so much. I got three RX-7 LMs in less than an hour.

Well ... that is the begining of my project. I'd like to get one of each color of the RX-7 LMs, and I might go back and get all the RX-8 colors. There is an RX-8 in a random car selection isn't there?

I'd also like to work on golds in the licenses, but I don't think I can keep from destroying the room in the process.

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by LoudMusic
Are you using the "save on the second to last race and reload if you don't win the car" trick? I helps so much. I got three RX-7 LMs in less than an hour.

Well ... that is the begining of my project. I'd like to get one of each color of the RX-7 LMs, and I might go back and get all the RX-8 colors. There is an RX-8 in a random car selection isn't there?

I'd also like to work on golds in the licenses, but I don't think I can keep from destroying the room in the process.

~LoudMusic

Indeed I am - it does save mucho time. Trouble is - if I keep winning that little Impreza in different colours I can see myself keeping them - they're an absolute hoot fully tuned.

There is an RX-8 - can't remember which event. I picked up the Z Concept - does that come in any colour other than 'bronze' (or more accurately - 'brown')

Any improvement on the 0.8? Man - you are so close. It could be the next run!!

if you win all the races, you can actually do this trick before the second to last race, just count up the points you get for first place, and make sure that nobody will get more points then you by the end of the series. takes even less time 8)

Originally posted by Angel O'Death
if you win all the races, you can actually do this trick before the second to last race, just count up the points you get for first place, and make sure that nobody will get more points then you by the end of the series. takes even less time 8)

Yup - I've managed to get out after race 7 (although there may have been some 'interference' with the car placed second in the championship during the 7th race :embarrassed: ).

And yes, it buggers up your race winning average - on the other hand, you get nice cars. I couldn't give a stuff about my race winning average.

That's so true vat_man! I've heard people rerace a championship because of their winning average :confused: That's just sad.... :P

I was trying to get all golds, but decided that, at least for now, to try to get all the cars. I've also been using the large number of cars with little or no miles on them, to see how they do. And, just to see if I'm good, I've been using cars that are less powerfulthan the AIs in some races, so I really have to outdrive them.

Even after getting 100%, there's still a lot in this game. Now that I have a couple other games (and have rented a couple), I keep coming back to GT3.

Ahh yes.... I likewise will go for every prize car in the game. As far as all colors, that is to be determined for now. I don't have far to go now to complete the game, but there is no rush. I have yet to even sort my garage once!! I do plan to take the GT40 out for some fun later though :cheeburga

:burnout:

Originally posted by rufrgt_sn00pie2001
That's so true vat_man! I've heard people rerace a championship because of their winning average :confused: That's just sad.... :P
I am one of these people! Well actually I don't rerace the whole championship, I just save before the last race like everyone else does. But instead of going to the race and exiting out, I go ahead and complete the race. Yes this gets frustrating when you get into the upper level races with a lot of laps, but so be it. I can imagine this will really get frustrating for the Formula 1 Championship, since the last race is an endurance race :( Oh yeah, I don't do this for winning average, I just do it so I can boast that I've finished every single race that I've entered :D

I've FINALLY finished the tenth Time Trial. I ended up beating it by 0.7 seconds. I saved the replay so I can bask in the glory forever and ever.

So now on to my next set of challenges - RX-7 LMs in all the colors. Anyone have a list? I'm going to submit some times to the Rotaries at Midfield thread, and then I'm going to purchase and beat SSX Tricky and GTA-3.

100% - YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!

~LoudMusic

I was so excited I just started yelling. My mom was vacuuming two rooms away, turned off the vacuum and started laughing at me.

Then I went over to Midfield with my rotary rockets and made some pretty fast laps. I need to start up the PS2 and get those times so I can compare with everyone in the Rotary Midfield thread. I don't think I'm even close, but it'll be nice to see where I stand.

~LoudMusic

Congrats LM. This is quite a momumental achievement. I remember the day when when you bought your PS2 at Best Buy. You were so excited.

Anyways, now that your done, does this mean you'll loan me your PS2 so I can beat GTA-3?

Nexus Maelstrom

Actually, I'm going to pick up a couple games, play with them for a while, and loan it to Chach @ work. He gets giddy about this stuff (:

~LoudMusic

Are they the last three? Stick with it man, you'll get there (:

~LoudMusic

yep, the last 3...

worse thing is, i'm only .005 behind the gold time for the Impreza... it pisses me majorly!

but i'm not gonna get frustrated again, it's just a game...
(you should see my PSX controller... sheesh!)

I've FINALLY finished the tenth Time Trial. I ended up beating it by 0.7 seconds. I saved the replay so I can bask in the glory forever and ever.

~LoudMusic

WOO HOO!!!

I bet it was the best feeling in the world, huh? Well done big fella!!!

In these circumstances I always think of Nelson Piquet's quote after passing a stranded Nigel Mansell on the last lap to win the Canadian Grand Prix (91 I think).

When asked what his reaction was as he crossed the finish line Nelson said 'I nearly come!'

Congrats man! :D I used to be part of the club but lost my save game in a freak Hard drive accident. :( (I had the Diablo save on my card) So I'm really no longer in the club. :( (But I will be again. ;) Especially since GT4 is officially 2 years away...)

Back