The 13' Focus ST ruined by PD

Going on Google, there's still a risk of getting it wrong (trim, model year, etc.)

I would assume that having the actual car, access to data directly from the manufacturer, focusing on it for hundred of hours and google would eliminate any chance of such blatant mistakes that even I could recognise the moment I drove it for the first time virtually with zero prior knowledge on it.

75520_10152525453530134_278342542_n.jpg

Racing soft tires. I can tell from some of the pictures and from restoring quite a few rigidities in my time.

I would assume that having the actual car, access to data directly from the manufacturer, focusing on it for hundred of hours and google would eliminate any chance of such blatant mistakes that even I could recognise the moment I drove it for the first time virtually with zero knowledge on it

This. I mean, I don't think we're moaning about it for no reason. All of us here must agree with the above? The car quite simply isn't right.

Looking at page 8 there, one can only assume that Polyphony never saw the correct gear ratios? Which I find very hard to believe but it seems so.

Also, like I said before, modifying the gear rations in game is fine and all but shouldn't be needed as you are not tuning but more fixing incorrect values.

You can just tune the gears and suspension to mimic the real one... :rolleyes:

Why is that everytime someone see something is done incorrectly in GT6, they go and grab their torch and pitchforks?

Seriously lighten up...

We shouldn't have to that. If Ford sold cars that handles like rolling turds, well they already do, they wouldn't sell many cars. Would they? I suppose you're comments would be the same if PD accidentally shipped the game with the Audi R18 having they speed and handling data of the Land Rover.

The Focus ST is a fantastic car in RR3 (you Brits can google that).

Why does the Anniversary Edition's tires howl when the car is going straight!

I'm with you, the Focus ST is terrible. I had mine on the track once or twice a month and I can tell you GT5 doesn't have a clue on this one. Shame really, it was the car I was most looking forward to using. I set it up ingame practically how I had it for real and it's not even close. It's still a fun car to use if you set it up though.

I never set out to creat a game with 1200 micras, mx5's and skylines in it along with 4 other cars, but they did :)

I get where the negatives are coming from, the St is a low down PP/race car, most everyone will be past that by now, and onto the much more exotic cars, so its not major. But for me( small sample I admit) I was looking forward to mapping roads/tracks I go on via the GPS app at somepoint and using it in game with my car and others.

None of you paid attention to the GT6 intro I guess. This appears when you boot up the game.
Any depiction or recreation of real world locations, entities, businesses, or organization is not intended to be or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of this game by such party or parties. Cars included in this game may be different from the actual cars in shapes, colors and performance

Tiny little things I think we can live with as we are unlikely to know they are wrong but that jump from 4th to 5th in the ST is hilarious at best. The first time you change up in to 5th how many of you said WTF?

Again, love GT6 but im not bothered by saying they got some things wrong

In GT5 the McLaren F1 was way off on the gearbox and comparison to published performance figures, was able to tune to match road tests. 2010 Camaro was the same. It is only a $60 game and not an industrial/commercial/research product. Also, Ford etc may of had own reasons for not wanting an exact duplicate in the game.

Ah, the old "do it yourself if you want to complain" fallacy.

We don't need to be devs to be able to point out that the car is wrong.
Did i say that?
I said that every game has some sort of bugs and mistakes, a game with 1200 cars and 1-5 cars being modeled incorrectly leads to "PD Being lazy" if one car modeled incorrect makes people return the game then they need to quit gaming because no game is perfect these days.

Make a game with 1200 cars and make every single one correct, then you can call PD lazy.
How about you make a game with 1200 cars and make every single one correct, then you can use this argument without looking foolish. If "make a game yourself or shut up" applies towards people pointing out that PD still aren't doing basic research on cars they are including in the game (in addition to all of the ones carried over from GT5 where they also didn't do basic research), then it also applies to people who like to think that them defending PD means they "know" enough about PD's inner workings to use the argument in the first place.

Did i say that

Yes, you did. It is directly implied by the argument, as is the case with all "let's see you do better" rebuttals.

I said that every game has some sort of bugs and mistakes, a game with 1200 cars and 1-5 cars being modeled incorrectly leads to "PD Being lazy" if one car modeled incorrect makes people return the game then they need to quit gaming because no game is perfect these days.

:lol:

There are "1-5 cars being modeled incorrectly" before you even get out of the Lamborghini dealership. For some cars, PD didn't even phone in trying to make them accurate.

How about you make a game with 1200 cars and make every single one correct, then you can use this argument without looking foolish. If "make a game yourself or shut up" applies towards people pointing out that PD still aren't doing basic research on cars they are including in the game (in addition to all of the ones carried over from GT5 where they also didn't do basic research), then it also applies to people who like to think that them defending PD means they "know" enough about PD's inner workings to use the argument in the first place.

Yes, you did. It is directly implied by the argument, as is the case with all "let's see you do better" rebuttals.

:lol:

There are "1-5 cars being modeled incorrectly" before you even get out of the Lamborghini dealership. For some cars, PD didn't even phone in trying to make them accurate.
That's mostly the GT4 cars which should be removed from the game, but you can't really blame PD for trying to add content, even if it's PS2 content, it's still better than nothing.
You need to realise GT6 is a game and not real life.

That's mostly the GT4 cars which should be removed from the game, but you can't really blame PD for trying to add content, even if it's PS2 content, it's still better than nothing.

Why not also include a few thousand 8bit NES cars? Better than nothing.

Did i say that?

Yeah, you did.

Make a game with 1200 cars and make every single one correct, then you can call PD lazy.

I can understand a small number of cars being incorrect. As you say, 1200 is a pretty big number and a few are bound to slip through the cracks.

There's more than a few cars with issues. That's what normal companies have quality control for, but PD are pushing out patches every day at the moment so they clearly have a culture of bypassing that when they feel like it.

You can just tune the gears and suspension to mimic the real one... :rolleyes:

Why is that everytime someone see something is done incorrectly in GT6, they go and grab their torch and pitchforks?

Seriously lighten up...

I haven't seen a single car that has the 100% correct gear ratios, nor a FWD car with good lift off oversteer nor a MR done right.

Those are pretty crucial flaws, so he's very much entitled to complain.

Yeah, you did.

I can understand a small number of cars being incorrect. As you say, 1200 is a pretty big number and a few are bound to slip through the cracks.

There's more than a few cars with issues. That's what normal companies have quality control for, but PD are pushing out patches every day at the moment so they clearly have a culture of bypassing that when they feel like it.
PD is obviously trying hard to keep the customers happy, even after the game releases, look at GT5, no other game was updated like GT5, that's why i respect PD for updating games even after we give them our money, although i agree with you that some will slip through the cracks, we'll see what the updates bring.

What I get from the Really real Focus ST is this judging from reviews, Jalopnik, etc.

Good handling, brake fade, fun, better that a Toyobaru??...... I don't have GT6 yet, or have driven the real car for that matter.

Most of the 1200 cars, PD has had data for 10 years (GT4 is almost 10 years old). You'd assume that with the power of the PS3 and the advanced physics engine partnered with a suspension specialty company, old cars and new ones would be perfect. Yes, the bugs can be patched. Except not for people who don't have their console connected to the internet.

Back