The 13' Focus ST ruined by PD

What I get from the Really real Focus ST is this judging from reviews, Jalopnik, etc.

Good handling, brake fade, fun, better that a Toyobaru??...... I don't have GT6 yet, or have driven the real car for that matter.

You are the most tragic figure on this site. We should start donating money to get you settled :gtpflag:

Make a game with 1200 cars and make every single one correct, then you can call PD lazy.

Or maybe they could do less cars so they could get them all right? 💡

Sorry for making such a sensible post. Y'all can continue with the normally scheduled programming.

I own a 13' Focus ST, this is a global car, so the same in the UK and rest of the world(minus things like legal light requirements ect), so how PD got it so wrong I dont know.

Biggest fly in the oitment? The gear box, 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th are correct ratio wise. In real life the ST has a split final drive, meaning the first 4 are on a final drive of 4.063 and 5th and 6th are 2.955

I think PD were lazy in implementing this, I have in about 20mins figured out near enough the correct ratios for the car using the full custom gear box. I can post them up later if people want them.

next major factor, the handling, just understeers and if you lift off throttle mid corner or snap off on a tight turn, there is no hint of the nose digging in and the rear sliding no matter what TC is on in the game. again, in real life at 25mph I can induce Lift off O/S and play on a roundabout (americans, google them ;) ) its very controllable and fun. Im messing with the full custom suspension to try make it feel how my car feels. I have yet to drive my car on the track but where I live there are many great,thankfully quiet roads just an hour or so away and I regulary hoon my car about.
Prior to this I had a Seat Ibiza Cupra, 1.4 TSI. Took that on track at cadwell park for 2 days and hoping to get the focus on at cadwell as well early next year.

People can be anyone on the internet and Im sure many of you will call fake on this but heressome pics from it.

76057_10152525454120134_80102596_n.jpg

75520_10152525453530134_278342542_n.jpg

and the focus I have now(these are both actully taken on a road trip to ireland-amazing roads)

1238854_10153158583970134_1963609477_n.jpg

1239421_10153158588665134_973452685_n.jpg

The jist of my thread is they seem to have messed up alot of cars and its really annoying me, almost wish id not bothered buying the game.

Love the Focus ST, wish i had one, you lucky so and so...:-D

I would be interested in the settings & gear ratios you come up with if you don't mind sharing?

That's mostly the GT4 cars which should be removed from the game
Which would have been trivial to correct at any time in the past 12 years that some of those incorrect cars date from. PD themselves proved this when they fixed the "FR" Spyker C8 soon after GT5 was released. And it only took them one patch to fix the DLC Beetle, but the Volvo 240 still weighs a thousand pounds too much.

And the Gallardo, Countach LP400, Miura P400, Aventador, Brera, F40, McLaren F1, Enzo, 512BB, Mustang GT Premium, Ferrari 599, etc. are not Standards. Some of them were even cornerstone cars that PD made a great deal of attention about when they were announced.

but you can't really blame PD for trying to add content, even if it's PS2 content, it's still better than nothing.
No, I don't think a twin turbo Lexus GS300, normally aspirated Shelby Series One Supercharged or AWD non turbo USDM Mitsubishi 3000GT are better than not having them at all. And I certainly can blame them for adding content when they make no effort (and they clearly haven't for many of the Standards) to get them right while at the same time trying to convince everyone that they are just as good as the Premiums.

You are the most tragic figure on this site. We should start donating money to get you settled :gtpflag:
No thank you. I don't need your silly Focus when I have dark magic at my disposal. Now an LFA on the other hand...... 💡

Which would have been trivial to correct at any time in the past 12 years that some of those incorrect cars date from. PD themselves proved this when they fixed the "FR" Spyker C8 soon after GT5 was released. And it only took them one patch to fix the DLC Beetle, but the Volvo 240 still weighs a thousand pounds too much.

And the Gallardo, Countach LP400, Miura P400, Aventador, Brera, F40, McLaren F1, Enzo, 512BB, Mustang GT Premium, Ferrari 599, etc. are not Standards. Some of them were even cornerstone cars that PD made a great deal of attention about when they were announced.

No, I don't think a twin turbo Lexus GS300, normally aspirated Shelby Series One Supercharged or AWD non turbo USDM Mitsubishi 3000GT are better than not having them at all. And I certainly can blame them for adding content when they make no effort (and they clearly haven't for many of the Standards) to get them right.
Agreed with the last part, but what can you do? let's hope they don't use those cars in GT7 on PS4, that would just be sad, PD needs more members in the team, the amount of cars is clearly too much for the team at PD to handle.

Cheers Phil, Its back on page 1 I think. Its such good fun, I've had mine remapped now so its running approx 280bhp now. Totally different to the Cupra before it(mapped to around 211bhp), that was very neutral and would understeer easily even with mods done to it. This focus is very lively so i'm looking forward to it trying not to bin it while im on track!

Love the Focus ST, wish i had one, you lucky so and so...:-D

I would be interested in the settings & gear ratios you come up with if you don't mind sharing?

It's amazing to see the kind of standards PD are held accountable for. If new features are added, no big deal. Everyone expects PD to include every single car ever made, anyway. But, the Focus ST '13 doesn't handle in the game like real life? Incredible! How can they be so lazy and stupid??

It's amazing to see the kind of standards PD are held accountable for. If new features are added, no big deal. Everyone expects PD to include every single car ever made, anyway. But, the Focus ST '13 doesn't handle in the game like real life? Incredible! How can they be so lazy and stupid??

Is it possible to generalize more?

And here I thought constantly being berated with how GT is "The Real Driving Simulator" (including the emphasis on "driving") was supposed to mean something beyond just a way to dismiss people complaining about AI and race structure.

I'd understand if they used the same "settings" for a vauxhall corsa and a micra or something. But the people at PD must be car enthusiast's and the focus, while comparatively surrounded by paganis and lambos isnt anything special,is an enthusiast's car, and a pretty good one at that. I never expected them to get anything 100% right.

And here I thought constantly being berated with how GT is "The Real Driving Simulator" (including the emphasis on "driving") was supposed to mean something beyond just a way to dismiss people complaining about AI and race structure.

A simulator simulates. It doesn't recreate real life. Unless you could physically sit in all of these cars and actually drive them on real roads, everything is just an approximation whether to a lesser or larger degree.

I'd understand if they used the same "settings" for a vauxhall corsa and a micra or something. But the people at PD must be car enthusiast's and the focus, while comparatively surrounded by paganis and lambos isnt anything special,is an enthusiast's car, and a pretty good one at that. I never expected them to get anything 100% right.

To be fair, the new ST would pretty much outperform all other FF cars, not to mention plenty of others in GT6. A bit harsh to compare it with Paganis and Lambos ;)

If you're making approximations, it helps if the numbers you start from are right.

Of course it does. But if it's something that bothers you so much (which it clearly seems to) then perhaps GT is not the ideal game for you. Perhaps rFactor or something similar would simulate driving better?

Of course it does. But if it's something that bothers you so much (which it clearly seems to) then perhaps GT is not the ideal game for you. Perhaps rFactor or something similar would simulate driving better?

I love it. Admission of the problem (You did read the thread, right? Not just come in here and post nonsense generalizations?) and in the same breath saying it's my fault for seeing it.

PD ruined the Ford Focus ST? I wish they would have left the car out of the game and saved the time for more important and interesting cars than that.
You should be happy that its in the game at all, though PD has a history of also adding cars to the game that are not that interesting.

Last edited:
Yeah, they have IMO, for the reasons outline above.
More interesting cars like all the mini cooper's or all the nissan's,mazdas ect that I cant see a determinable difference in minus model name. or the 09/13 plate veyron, again, I see no difference in PP or power ect. I dont understand that.

I also own a Focus ST (though quite a bit older than a 2013) and can also confirm that the handling is not even remotely close to mine. I find it interesting that your comments on the handling.

next major factor, the handling, just understeers and if you lift off throttle mid corner or snap off on a tight turn, there is no hint of the nose digging in and the rear sliding no matter what TC is on in the game. again, in real life at 25mph I can induce Lift off O/S and play on a roundabout (americans, google them ;) ) its very controllable and fun.

This pretty accurately describes my car, though the suspension seems pretty hard in mine and I wouldn't call it "comfortable", but then not uncomfortable either, also I don't know how yours reacts but when taking a corner at say 90mph the fronts are fighting me and the rear slides a bit nervously moving the chassis round (it would probably seem subtle in game, but when you're in the seat it's pretty noticeable), not very confidence boosting. The ingame version is nothing like it at all, about as bland as a bathroom suite wallpaper.

Talking about the gear ratios I didn't test them all, I tested how fast I could go in each gear within the game, and 1st, 2nd and 3rd seemed pretty accurate with my car (I can hit 70 on the clock in 2nd), the ingame car hits around 68 before bouncing off the limiter. Though I can cruise comfortably in 6th at 30mph in real life, and to save fuel I often do, not tested how the ingame car reacts to this.

But yeah, when they have 1200 cars to do it isn't surprising they won't get them all right, they clearly put a lot more effort into getting right the japanese cars (where they have more access, availability) and the big names like Ferrari.

The old "go play something else if you don't like it" fallacy.

That one's no good either. It's perfectly acceptable to point out things that are wrong with GT.

I'm thinking we should have like a fallacy bingo night. We could make up a chart of all these ridiculous things that people use to defend problems, and then go forum hopping. First to get three in a row wins!

next major factor, the handling, just understeers and if you lift off throttle mid corner or snap off on a tight turn, there is no hint of the nose digging in and the rear sliding no matter what TC is on in the game. again, in real life at 25mph I can induce Lift off O/S and play on a roundabout (americans, google them ;) ) its very controllable and fun.

Funny how people think that we don't know what a roundabout is. My home town:

GJT_roundabout.jpg

That's one of many, at least a handful that I know of. Maybe as an American I should prove that I'm not fat either? :rolleyes:

Sorry for OT, just proving a point.

Using the custom gearbox isn't an option for me on cars that have incorrect ratios because I can't use my H pattern and clutch.

The old "go play something else if you don't like it" fallacy.

That one's no good either. It's perfectly acceptable to point out things that are wrong with GT.

I'm thinking we should have like a fallacy bingo night. We could make up a chart of all these ridiculous things that people use to defend problems, and then go forum hopping. First to get three in a row wins!

I'm merely making a suggestion. I've seen so many people here complaining non-stop about things in the game, how they wished they hadn't wasted their money etc and yet continue to play it.

Back