The 13' Focus ST ruined by PD

Not sure if this can help anyone figure out the handling/gear ratio issue, but this is the fastest I can do at Suzuka with the stock car on Sport Hard.

2nd gear max ~ 61 mph
3rd gear max ~ 91 mph
4th gear max ~ 121 mph

Top speed at Suzuka ~ 125 mph

It'll keep up with a Ford Mustang GT '05, Chrysler Crossfire '04, and Honda Civic Type R (EP) '01, among many others I've kept records of.

The Ford Focus RS '02 is faster though, because it's 900 lbs lighter...

Last edited:
PD has it right, you have it wrong.

PD knows what they are doing.
Dude, the GT6 version drops from 7000 rpm to 4000 rpm when shifting from 4th to 5th...
It doesn't matter what the numbers tell, the gears are all wrong.

Go back one page and look at the videos of the real car and tell us again how well PD modelled the gears correctly.

Dude, the GT6 version drops from 7000 rpm to 4000 rpm when shifting from 4th to 5th...
It doesn't matter what the numbers tell, the gears are all wrong.

Have to say I agree. Was looking forward to some track time at the 'Ring with the ST but the first shift up to 5th ruined the entire experience for me. Hit redline in 4th at approx 190km/h, select 5th and..... nothing.....
Reminded me of the '92 Viper RT/10 when shifting to 6th.

His best time was 1:49.3

My best time on CM tires was 1:49.0 and I never touched 5th gear. 1:48 is possible but I doubt very much 1:47

Last edited:
I'm always coming across mistakes like this, and have mentioned it before. Every car i've driven in real life that is in this game has been wrong. The handling characteristics, the basic statistics and stuff like incorrect rev limiters and gear ratios. All of this information is easily and freely available from various sources on the internet as well as the car manufacturers themselves.

The bit that annoys me though, is that someone has created the car then said yes, that is okay and finished. Someone else has come along, probably quality control, who has gone over the data and said yes, this is all correct. Then a game developer/tester has tried out the car, and apparently has had no issue whatsoever. How could someone not notice the incorrect gear ratios on the Focus? Which means you have to ask, are they even bothering to go through these basic processes? Do the people who are involved in making this game actually like cars? Do they know what they are doing? Do they even have any interest in any of this? If Ford treated their cars with such a lack of detail, they'd be bankrupt within a year.....

Back