The 2010 NASCAR caption competition - Congratulations TS - OPEN SEASON!

• Thread starter Ian Poole
  • 579 comments
Okay guys, the votes are in and we have a problem!

=1st Touring Mars - 5pts
=1st TS - 5pts
=1st Justin - 5pts
4th mafia_boy - 3pts
=5th NicksFix - 2pts
=5th Pescara - 2pts
=7th 01GTP - 1pt
=7th Ian Poole - 1pt

Now this is a problem because if we go on count back, Mars has two 1st and a second, as does TS but Justin only has one 1st to three seconds. This means that we have to go to a neutral picture chosen by myself.

Now there was to be an announcement by myself but I would like to scrap that because I am on holiday at the moment BUT i have an internet connection! :)

So I have a different announcement to make and this is it; from this point onwards, you have the power to vote for who you want. It is going to be in the style of the F1 caption competition of sorts and you can choose for whoever you want to give the points to. Also, in addition, you now cannot put your captions on here, you have to PM them to me and i will put them up accordingly. Therefore, no one will know who has sent what and who has done what. You can still use this thread to put your captions on if you want but the final entry has to come to me! If your entry does not reach me by the deadline at the title of the thread, it doesn't count!

Now, I am going to go and get the picture and we will go through it accordingly. If you have any problems, let me know and we will sort them out.

Okay guys, the votes are in and we have a problem!

=1st Touring Mars - 5pts
=1st TS - 5pts
=1st Justin - 5pts
4th mafia_boy - 3pts
=5th NicksFix - 2pts
=5th Pescara - 2pts
=7th 01GTP - 1pt
=7th Ian Poole - 1pt

Now this is a problem because if we go on count back, Mars has two 1st and a second, as does TS but Justin only has one 1st to three seconds. This means that we have to go to a neutral picture chosen by myself.

Now there was to be an announcement by myself but I would like to scrap that because I am on holiday at the moment BUT i have an internet connection! :)

So I have a different announcement to make and this is it; from this point onwards, you have the power to vote for who you want. It is going to be in the style of the F1 caption competition of sorts and you can choose for whoever you want to give the points to. Also, in addition, you now cannot put your captions on here, you have to PM them to me and i will put them up accordingly. Therefore, no one will know who has sent what and who has done what. You can still use this thread to put your captions on if you want but the final entry has to come to me! If your entry does not reach me by the deadline at the title of the thread, it doesn't count!

Now, I am going to go and get the picture and we will go through it accordingly. If you have any problems, let me know and we will sort them out.

There is absolutely no way to post it here?

Also, are there only 6 people in the Chase now??? I think that is a good idea, since we have only had 9 people week in and week out actually participating.

Last edited:
You can still post it here if you want but that would mean that others see and get a rough idea of who it might be. Doing it this way would mean that no one would know who it is that sent it in and we might get a few suprise winners.

I did the Chase spur of the moment but yeah, we only get about nine or ten people that enter now and putting them all into the Chase would be sort of semi-pointless.

Anyway, I found a picture and I think there is potential in this one

scottspeed.jpg

Closing date is Friday at about 1800GMT, you can still post here but your final captions have to come to me via PM

You can still post it here if you want but that would mean that others see and get a rough idea of who it might be. Doing it this way would mean that no one would know who it is that sent it in and we might get a few suprise winners.

In the F1 comp, you can do either....send it via PM or put it openly and it hasn't hurt people like Touring Mars who is running the comp and puts his ones out openly. :) I suggest doing the same, and only when they are up for voting, you take the names out and you replace it with the A, B, C method. 👍 That way we can still put our ones out openly. :)

I've already sent my entry in via PM because that's what you want this round but take my suggestion under advisement. 👍

No sir, that is Scott Speed

And I will take your idea under consideration mafs but I think that this way could work

Is the Scott Speed picture for the tie-breaker or the regular weekly caption?

I'm guessing for the tie-break.

I should refresh the page after 12 hours.

No, the Scott Speed pic is the actual pic peter

Under the rules and guidelines in the first page, if there is a tie as far as everyone having the same number of points via the same wins and seconds etc. then I will choose the next picture, kinda a neutral thing

Guys, please accept my apologies in putting this up delayed. I am on holiday at the moment and was enjoying myself a little too much last night. In light of my "misdemeanour" last night, i am going to extend the deadline until the end of the race

scottspeed.jpg

A
Scott Speed gets ready to detonate the IED's he hid in Jimmie Johnson's vehicle.

B
Scott Speed is missing Brian Vickers, so he decided to use his Sprint fan view to send Brian a video message.

C
Ok, lets put a bit of my name in that car.

D
3..2..1..!!!
Gotcha, you mother 🤬

E
With a devilish laugh : :mischievous:

"Now if I'm being told properly,this remote contol device will cut into Jimmy Johnson's car electronics and slow him down quite a bit"

F
Uh-oh, looks like someone let Scott Speed have the radio to Jimmie Johnson's lovers tiff with Chad rather than Danica's in car radio

Good luck guys and you have until the end of the New Hampshire race to get your votes in and share your three points how you wish

My votes are:

A - 1pt
D - 1pt
E - 1pt

A - 1
c - 1
e - 1

EDIT: I'm using chrome and noticed how my 2nd and 3rd lines start with lower case lettering even though I used the shift key to capitalize them??????
I see Pescara's post is the same.
Just thought I'd mention that.

A - 1
c - 1
e - 1

EDIT: I'm using chrome and noticed how my 2nd and 3rd lines start with lower case lettering even though I used the shift key to capitalize them??????
I see Pescara's post is the same.
Just thought I'd mention that.

I didn't even notice that, I probably did it on accident.

:lol: @ the fact we all used Jimmie Johnson. :P As for the voting, I find it easier to just use a full stop after each vote and it doesn't change it to small caps on you.

My votes:
D - 1.
E - 1.
F - 1.

D - 1
A - 1
B - 1

If I add some script , my caps stay on , otherwise they resore to lower case ?

Last edited:
Right then guys, I think that my changes didn't go quite as I planned

=1st - A - 4pts
=1st - D - 4pts
3rd - E - 3pts
4th - B - 2pts
=5th - C - 1pt
=5th - F - 1pt

So the winners of this week are............01GTP! and..............Jimmie Johnson!

And seeing as how you got the same points, i'll put the neutral pic up.

Also, your thoughts on how this trial went? Do you like this way? Do you want to go back to the other way? Any tweaks you think I should make?

And I just found the pic as well and you have until Friday night to get your captions in by PM to me

montoya.jpg

Last edited:
You already know my feelings about it Ian, I reckon do it the exact same way as the F1 caption comp. Allowed to put up openly, but when it comes to judging, do the A, B, C method.

Okay guys, time is up!

montoya.jpg

A
Montoya - I spit on you, you low life mechanic!

B
JPM: Right, if you go around him this way, and you cut him off this way, we are sure to get the camera off the guy in the hat behind us!

C
Now kiss my shoes while you are down there too.

D
JP " I'm tellin you man, that is what you have to do on pit road at your 1st race weekend.
Everyone on the team has done it so far!"

JP " Yup, and flap your arms like a chicken"

E
Juan : But I eees telling deee truuuth. Eeeeeet eees deees biiiiiig. Dooon't beeeleeeeive me,goooe ask Daniiiiicaaa

Mechanic : Literally puts a meaning to ROFLMAO by demonstrating

F
JPM: Hey guys, i invented a new game, it is called Red Bull Darts, you have to see how fasr you can throw something after you have drunk Red Bull

Mechanic: Too late, Scott Speed beat you to it by putting your in the wall

Okay guys, there are the choices and you have 48 hours to get your votes in

Remember that you have the power to vote with three points in your hand and you can choose to split the three points i.e. 1/1/1 or maybe do a 2/1 split or give all 3 points to one caption

My votes are:

E - 2pts
D - 1pt

Back