the 2018 FIA-certified Gran Turismo Championships are underway and live

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 217 comments
just aren't allowed to accept entries from some countries.
Yes but. .. Why?
Shouldn't they let us know why some countries can't make it?

Well I read in the Nismo site that there aren't any country limitations. Except id they haven't even included them.

Edit: Right, thanks @ASH32

The reason for some countries (all the ones where you can actually create a PSN account normally) being excluded has to be to do with laws in that particular country, it could be a similar law/s in each instance or it could be a different in every case or anywhere in between. There is no reason Sony would just bar these countries otherwise and it's likely they will have done everything possible to try to include them and if they did explain why these countries couldn't enter you can bet it wouldn't be any more detailed than " legal" reasons anyway.

Still sucks for all the players in these countries, especially as some of them are amongst the very best in GT Sport.

So the manufacturer we choose will stick with us for the rest of 2018? That makes this a pretty heavy choice, but I think I'll go with Honda. I ran some 8-lap sessions with Audi, Lexus, and Honda in Gr.4 and Gr.3 (Gr.4 at Dragon Trasil and Gr.3 at Nurburgring GP), and the NSXs gave me the best times. With Lexus I had very quick optimal times, but had a hard time nailing all the sectors in one lap, especially in Gr.3. With Audi I was more consistent but not as quick. With Honda I get a pretty good balance of speed and consistency, and came really close to my optimal times on multiple laps in a row.

Gr.4 @ Dragon Trail
Audi TT Cup- 1:45.982
Lexus RC F Gr.4- 1:45.982*
Honda NSX Gr.4- 1:45.629

Gr.3 @ Nurburgring GP
Audi R8 LMS- 1:56.966
Lexus RC F GT3- 1.56.750
Honda NSX Gr.3- 1:56.253

*I should have saved a picture of my end results so I could check my optimal times, but I do remember having a quicker optimal in the RC F Gr.4.

EDIT: This is just my personal preference. The results could be different if I ran some hot laps on a different track or had a different driving style.

Pretty poor stuff that some countries with the best talent aren't allowed to participate. So you're telling me some drivers have been practising for about 9 months but aren't allowed to compete due to nationality restrictions? Another sign to suggest GT is on a downhill slope, even if it's out of their control.
I feel for the Italians and co.

Pretty poor stuff that some countries with the best talent aren't allowed to participate. So you're telling me some drivers have been practising for about 9 months but aren't allowed to compete due to nationality restrictions? Another sign to suggest GT is on a downhill slope, even if it's out of their control.
Greece is another one..:(:nervous::banghead::guilty:

Less people in who drive like they are in Rome/Athens. More chance you will get into next live event;).

Last edited:
Where is the list of available countries?

7CDA76B0-409A-4820-ACA5-E2AF58133E25.png

The problem is Makozi's country is not even featured in game, so I can't see it appearing on the list of valid countries.

But the thing is that he's half Macedonian and half Australian, so he's got dual citizenship. That way, if he can't apply through Europe as a Macedonian (he can't because Macedonia isn't in the game as a country like you mentioned), he can apply through the Asia/Oceania region as an Aussie. Sort of a failsafe when you think about it. :)

Personally I'm excited for this, dispute the banter in the thread. Not knocking it because running all of the series/leagues put on by the community is great, but the FIA events are actually something that have a actual payoff at the end if you are good/skilled/lucky enough to make it to the end.

I don't personally see myself making it that far, but am excited to see how far I can get.

Will be looking for an update tonight for PD to add these events.

Although now, when I read through the Star Player section in more detail, I feel a bit uneasy for Nik:
Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 19.29.22.png

And if you go on further to the Top 24 Superstars section:

Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 19.32.12.png

So this means that Nik will have to wait until he's 18 to become a Star Player, which in turn, prevents him in taking part in any Top 24 Superstars rounds during these first couple of seasons, right? That means he'll be in a huge point disadvantage in both championships which will reduce his chance of making it to the regional finals for both Nations Cup and Manufacturer Series! (especially here since any other fast driver older than 18 driving for Mercedes will be able to participate, and thus, get more points than him)

Dam 21, some people who going might make it since most driver are underage.

No. It is only 21 for 3 countries, and there really aren't many good drivers from UAE, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. I only even know of 1 driver from any of those countries on the entire game, let alone good ones (although the one driver I know is good)

No. It is only 21 for 3 countries, and there really aren't many good drivers from UAE, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. I only even know of 1 driver from any of those countries on the entire game, let alone good ones (although the one driver I know is good)
Good only 3 countries, i about say they will put age restrictions on every countries. Lol

K32
But the thing is that he's half Macedonian and half Australian, so he's got dual citizenship. That way, if he can't apply through Europe as a Macedonian (he can't because Macedonia isn't in the game as a country like you mentioned), he can apply through the Asia/Oceania region as an Aussie. Sort of a failsafe when you think about it. :)
Macedonia is part of Greece and Greece is not there.

But wow, didn't know he was half Greek!

Macedonia is part of Greece and Greece is not there.

But wow, didn't know he was half Greek!

Please don't start talking about this. He's from the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) (known today more commonly as the Republic of Macedonia, or just Macedonia. It's the country that might soon be called North Macedonia because of the naming dispute your country started back in 1991). He's half Macedonian, not Greek.

EDIT: I know there's a region Greece called Macedonia, but I meant the country.

Last edited:
K32

As far as I understand it, it’s not about nationality - it’s about the country of which you are a resident.

As far as I understand it, it’s not about nationality - it’s about the country of which you are a resident.

No, it's about which country your PSN is set to. You could be a German with a German PSN account and live in Austria for example.

K32
No, it's about which country your PSN is set to. You could be a German with a German PSN account and live in Austria for example.
You must be a resident of one of the listed countries.
And if your PSN account says you live somewhere else other than where you actually live, your PSN account has false details.
You need to have accurate details or they may forfeit your entry.
Same goes with date of birth.

But, Australia and New Zealand are listed anyway.

On another note, it is not uncommon to only have specific countries allowed to participate for these types of competitions.
This is a competition run on the PlayStation, therefore it is SONY running the show, not PD.
And in my experience it is the individual countries competition laws (among other factors) that determine whether a particular event is eligible or not for that country.
SONY don't just leave selected countries out for the fun of it.

Here are all the fine details.
https://www.playstation.com/en-au/legal/fia-gran-turismo-championships-2018-competition/
https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/general-rules-for-prize-promotions/

Thanks for the clarification guys! Didn't know that your PSN needed to match the country you currently reside in. So what if an Aussie lives in Europe for example? Is he still allowed to participate in all the official Asia/Oceania region races and then, if good enough, be invited to the regional final somewhere else?

I do have two main concerns. One is whether there is a major change in the game that happens during the season (BOP adjustment, new tire model, etc.). The other was a sense during the preseason that the intensity and overall agression went up a notch. With real stakes on the line now, it's only going to go higher. Add to that a lot of names that are either new, haven't raced in quite a while or joined with teams. As a lone ranger, I have this feeling I'm going to get absolutely run over (possibly literally) if I'm not careful on the track.

Oh, well. I'll just have to do the best I can. Long odds but there is a chance.
Your Kudos stats are a work of art. Beautiful.

"Starting time for each race, every day: 15:10, 16:10, 17:10, 18:10, 19:10. Please notice that players may enter and participate in only one (1) of these races per day."

I've complained about this since FIA events started and PD seem to just not give af about people that have jobs. That's 3pm-7pm here on west coast USA. Maybe some of us will get one of the races in, but I doubt most working folk will be able to do both. For some time zones it's probably even worse than this.

Back