The 2020 George Floyd/BLM/Police Brutality Protests Discussion Thread

It's that old hobby horse of his again. This is just like the police, right? Those gang members aren't protecting us like we pay them to do. Oh wait...

Protests over police brutality are because demonstrators feel they have no other avenue of getting their point across when killer cops escape justice. You can't just appropriate other people's anger and enlist it on behalf of your cause of the week. It doesn't work that way.

Last edited:
When you don't have a leg to stand on yourself, you try your damnedest to kick the legs out from under someone else.

Here is some interesting reading.
Killing unarmed little kids. Were is the protests and marches for these kids? Little innocent children being killed.
https://graphics.suntimes.com/homicides/

You do realize that any protests would be advocating increased gun regulations... right?

That's one thing I find rather humorous (ok, more sad than humorous) about this horrible situation. The people seemingly wanting protests would probably instantly switch to criticizing them the second any actually popped up.

Things I'd never thought I'd see ever in my lifetime: People using the random, sad and unfortunate murder of a child by a random stranger as a vehicle to discredit valid a social movement to hold police officers at a greater degree of accountability for their actions, especially if sad actions result in a completely avoidable death.

Like, Jesus Tapdancing Christ, guys.

Things I'd never thought I'd see ever in my lifetime: People using the random, sad and unfortunate murder of a child by a random stranger as a vehicle to discredit valid a social movement to hold police officers at a greater degree of accountability for their actions, especially if sad actions result in a completely avoidable death.

Like, Jesus Tapdancing Christ, guys.
That could easily be reworded.

Whose? Those whose deaths you couldn't possibly care less about but for the opportunity they present to deflect? Those whom you couldn't be bothered to name yourself because you don't actually care about them?
Deflect what? I think that the killing of any person is wrong. WTF dude how do you get to put words or thoughts into my comments? I don't care? You should take a good look in the mirror. Innocent people are getting shot and killed in Chicago, correct. Their names are clearly listed as well as age and ethnicity. So according to you I don't care and I'm deflecting? Go wrap yourself in bubble wrap. Your dillusional and can't see the trees for the forest.

Deflect what? I think that the killing of any person is wrong. WTF dude how do you get to put words or thoughts into my comments? I don't care? You should take a good look in the mirror. Innocent people are getting shot and killed in Chicago, correct. Their names are clearly listed as well as age and ethnicity. So according to you I don't care and I'm deflecting? Go wrap yourself in bubble wrap. Your dillusional and can't see the trees for the forest.
If you really cared about those victims you would have started a separate thread for people to discuss their deaths in isolation. Instead you used them to try and derail this thread about police brutality protests as if one is the cause of the other.

By specifically posting here, it sounds like you have an agenda to diminish the importance of the deaths of police victims in favour of deaths from gang violence. If you truly believed all deaths were of equal importance you wouldn't be trying to hijack this thread.

This is a deflection, and quite possibly a "dillusion".

Last edited:
So black lives only matter if theyre a victim of police brutality?
Said absolutely nobody. However, you can't trade off one against the other, otherwise we might as well extend the thread to cover all homicide. Or are you saying white lives don't matter unless they're victims of police brutality?

Read the title.
You guys do know that Floyd died with both meth and fentanyl in his system, and that he was saying he couldn't breath long before there was a knee on his neck, right?

This was just another media hoax, just like the "hands up, don't shoot" Michael Brown hoax.

The media will do anything for clicks.

Enemy of the people.

Last edited:
You guys do know that Floyd died with both meth and fentanyl in his system, and that he was saying he couldn't breath long before there was a knee on his neck?

This was just another media hoax, just like the "hands up, don't shoot" Michael Brown hoax.

The media will do anything for clicks.

Enemy of the people.
Clearly the medical examiner who ruled that this was a homicide was also in on the conspiracy if that's the case.

Otherwise, I look forward to this coming out at Chauvin's murder trial. If the media aren't telling the truth about his death, then where are you getting your information?

Talk about offensive BS.

Said absolutely nobody. However, you can't trade off one against the other, otherwise we might as well extend the thread to cover all homicide. Or are you saying white lives don't matter unless they're victims of police brutality?
How come you accused that other guy of hijacking the thread for bringing up Chicago homicides? It seems to be a bigger issue than police brutality, regarding the lives of blacks

How come you accused that other guy of hijacking the thread for bringing up Chicago homicides? It seems to be a bigger issue than police brutality, regarding the lives of blacks
That doesn't answer my question.

People are concerned about law enforcement officials abusing their power. Attempting to switch the narrative to Chicago gang violence is like saying the former isn't a real problem and that your pet cause is more important.

Start your own thread. Quit trying to derail this one at the expense of its original purpose.

Last edited:
It's not offensive to me but to the memory of the murdered man.

Have you switched over to full time trolling now?
There is nothing trollie about what I said. It is from the autopsy. Both drugs were in his system. The police video showed him saying he couldn't breath while he was still standing, before he was in cuffs.

That doesn't answer my question.

People are concerned about law enforcement officials abusing their power. Attempting to switch the narrative to Chicago gang violence is like saying the former isn't a real problem and that your pet cause is more important.

Start your own thread. Quit trying to derail this one at the expense of its original purpose.
I’m talking about BLM, which isn’t entirely focused around police brutality.

The title of this thread doesn’t indicate the purpose is exclusively about police brutality

You guys do know that Floyd died with both meth and fentanyl in his system, and that he was saying he couldn't breath long before there was a knee on his neck, right?

There is nothing trollie about what I said. It is from the autopsy. Both drugs were in his system. The police video showed him saying he couldn't breath while he was still standing, before he was in cuffs.
A man complaining he can't breathe? Solution: put a knee on his neck for nearly 9 minutes afterwards.

Last edited:
You obviously don't realize this only amplifies the issue at hand.

A man complaining he can't breathe? Solution: put a knee on his neck for nearly 9 minutes afterwards.
Yes of course you would take that stance.

He claimed claustrophobia.

Even though he was pulled out of a smaller car, with the window rolled up, and they were trying to put him into a much larger SUV, and told him they would roll the windows down, he refused.

He fought, They ended up pulling him out the other side of the SUV and subdued him there with the knee on the neck.

That cop was not blocking his airway.

Oh, did I offend you? So sorry for your pain.
There is nothing trollie about what I said.
dd0.jpg

I’m talking about BLM, which isn’t entirely focused around police brutality.
The title of this thread doesn’t indicate the purpose is exclusively about police brutality
The link that @killerjimbag posted covers both black and white victims. Do you think we should expand the thread to include all homicides in which white people are the victims too, or just the ones in which black people died? If so, why make that particular distinction between different shades of murder victims?

Or we could just stick to the original purpose of the thread: police brutality and the murder of George Floyd.

This was just another media hoax
Only one of the two autopsies has decided his airway was unobstructed. If the reason he couldn't breathe was because he was experiencing a heart attack then the restraining officer had a duty to ensure he didn't die because of it. George certainly wouldn't've been a physical threat requiring restraint at that point.

That's why both autopsies determined he died as a result of a homicide and Chauvin's charges still stand.

To say it's a media hoax and suggest he was faking is offensive BS.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-floyd-death-autopsies-homicide-axphyxiation-details/#app

Last edited:
Yes of course you would take that stance.

Even though he was pulled out of a smaller car, with the window rolled up, and they were trying to put him into a much larger SUV, and told him they would roll the windows down, he refused.

He fought, They ended up pulling him out the other side of the SUV and subdued him there with the knee on the neck.

That cop was not blocking his airway.
George didn't start saying he can't breathe til' after he was already in the SUV which he forewarned would happen, & was then pulled from the other side at 10:10 in the video. Around 11:05, they say they'll take him out. At 11:10, they tell George, "Come on out". He says thank you. Someone says to lay him on the ground (at 10:20, he already asked to be laid on the ground beforehand). He does struggle and they subdue him, and a knee goes down on his neck around 11:20. He continues to say he can't breathe.

Notice throughout the video, someone makes suggestions to get his legs up around 12:50. He's told to leave him. At 15:50, someone suggests to roll him on his side; George is getting much quieter. After the 16 minute mark, George is barely making a peep & the knee has been on his neck for nearly 5 minutes. 16:50, an officer says, "Yeah, I think he's passing out". 19:40, same officer says, "He's not responsive right now". Paramedics arrive, knee comes off just before 20:50. 22:50, CPR begins as George is in the back of the ambulance.

That's where you seem to miss the issue still at hand here:

From the 16:00 mark to the 20:50 where George has made no movement or speech, none of the officers make any attempt beyond the 1 filming, to see if George is actually okay after he has obviously stopped struggling or talking. No one says anything along the lines of, "George, you okay? You've stopped talking a lot" to reassure he's still there. Not even when that officer says, "I think he's passing out" a minute after George began to go quiet, does anyone even release some weight off him or try to verify if he's conscious. The fact CPR is started almost immediately in the ambulance verifies something happened to George in that time frame & nobody caught it or made effort to catch it.

George might have been faking claustrophobia & Chauvin may not have intended for George to die, but his negligence with the other officers to keep George alive regardless is what's on hand now.

Last edited:
I have to admit, it's a pretty ingenious plan to try and blame George Floyd for his own death. It's a narrative that discredits the hated media, shames the protesters as gullible fools (or co-conspirators) and makes the police out to be the real victims.

Whichever party strategist, right-wing pundit or talk show host cooked this one up must be angling for a top spot somewhere within Trump High Command.

Last edited:
Days ago our Seattle police chief Carmen Best announced her retirement after the city council voted to cut her pay and her police department. It's a sad loss that will have repercussions down the road.

Earlier a mob of ~200 protesters caravanned to her rural home as well as the homes of the mayor and 4 city council members in order to graffiti, bully and intimidate them alone in their homes. Cravenly, the council took no effort to denounce such tactics.

However, as the caravan of the well organized mob approached the chief's home (she was actually not even at home) , they were unceremoniously greeted by her neighbors, armed and blocking the road. After a confrontation in which the stumped protesters fruitlessly demanded access to the road and the chief's home, the county sheriff showed up in force and evicted the trapped caravan. As an interesting historical note, one of my cousins was among those loyal neighbors, and took the photo of the blue pick-up athwart the road.

Clearly the medical examiner who ruled that this was a homicide was also in on the conspiracy if that's the case.

Otherwise, I look forward to this coming out at Chauvin's murder trial. If the media aren't telling the truth about his death, then where are you getting your information?

Talk about offensive BS.
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there two medical reports one of which reporting that he died of a heart attack due to underlying conditions and not due to being restrained? The two reports couldn't be much more at loggerheads.

Watching the video of the incident it wouldn't surprise me if he was having a heart attack when he started saying he couldn't breath and chose to lie on the floor. His behaviour during the arrest certainly wasn't normal, however that does not make kneeling on his neck acceptable.

There didn't appear to be any need for that and the whole situation (in my eyes) escalated when Chauvin arrived and used what many (myself included) percieve to be excessive force.

Floyd may have been acting in an unusual manner, he may have been uncooperative, but he was not acting violently (aside from resisting getting out of his car and into the police car) towards the officers.

He seemed to be in a state of extreme anxiety, which if he had underlying conditions could cause cardiac arrest but with the two reports bieng so different there's no certainty that is how he died.

The knee being on his neck for such an extended period of time is just as likely to be a key cause of death.

As you say, it will be interesting to see what facts do come out during the trial, trial by media is unreliable, but the actual trial should make certain facts clearer.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there two medical reports one of which reporting that he died of a heart attack due to underlying conditions and not due to being restrained? The two reports couldn't be much more at loggerheads.
Thanks, Dave, for your balanced opinion. The two autopsies disagree on the cause of death but both agree that it was homicide according to the CBS link at the bottom of my follow up post.

Latest Posts

Back