The 2020 George Floyd/BLM/Police Brutality Protests Discussion Thread

Why would Antifa do this?!
The same reason the MAGA guys beat up Jussie Smollett :lol: But seriously some people try to hustle folks and they know what buttons or what trigger words they need to push to get the reactions from their intended audiences.

Why would Antifa do this?!
d05.png

Fifth Circuit reversed a decision to grant Qualified Immunity by the federal court in the Eastern District of Texas (EDTX) for a law enforcement officer who coerced a member of the public to expose her genitalia for his sexual gratification.

A state actor (not limited to law enforcement officers) may be granted Qualified Immunity for civil action in the absence of a clearly established rights violation, and "clearly established" frequently necessitates that a) a state actor would reasonably understand that actions constitute a rights violation at the time of the actions and b), a much higher hurdle, that a judgment has been made against a state actor in a lawsuit over nearly identical circumstances. That absurd standard means that Qualified Immunity is granted, as it was by EDTX, for even plainly egregious offenses.

Qualified Immunity is a barrier to justice and it needs to go.

I'm glad they are being charged but we'll see what happens from here. I don't get too excited about charges let's see if they stick. On the other case cameras whether body or phone have been a great weapon in shining a light on this bad behavior by police officers. I'm glad they got caught in their lies

kjb
I'm glad they are being charged but we'll see what happens from here. I don't get too excited about charges let's see if they stick. On the other case cameras whether body or phone have been a great weapon in shining a light on this bad behavior by police officers. I'm glad they got caught in their lies
It looks like the focus is on rights violations that precipitated warrant execution and Taylor's execution, and that are a matter of record.

Edit:

Last edited:
I hope they resurrect them after they die just so they can serve the sentence again.

Sigh. Yet again. Then again it is Mississippi. Posting in tags because I didn't watch the video and only heard about the story.

Seems like calling for a welfare check is more like calling for a beating from police these days.

And ****ing disgusting reporter trying to make it seem like it’s all justified because she was setting a cloth mask on fire and exposing herself after they started trying to arrest her. She isn’t even charged with anything, so why would they arrest her then huh? If she is having a mental health crisis, that’s not going to help anything.

I'm putting this behind a spoiler because video depicts an act of brutal violence perpetrated by multiple law enforcement officers against an incapacitated individual. There's no audio and so no profanity about which to advise.

Sounds like she'll make a fine police officer one day. Will barely need any training at all.

According to CBI, it is believed that law enforcement received an initial call of an alleged road rage incident involving a firearm in Fort Lupton early Friday evening.

An officer with the Platteville Police Department located the vehicle and made a traffic stop on U.S. 85 and Country Road 38. According to PPD, the driver of the vehicle pulled over and stopped just past the railroad tracks. The patrol car parked behind the vehicle and stopped on the tracks.
What kind of ****ing moron willingly stops their vehicle on train tracks, leaving behind another incapable of escaping it and the train about to hit it?

Oh, right...

Punisher tattoo vibes... 💀
I mean they're cops so the odds are pretty good, but I think this skews more stupid horrible than pure horrible horrible.

Silver lining: No Qualified Immunity in Colorado. The ****wits can definitely still be protected against prosecution from within but they won't get automatic benefit from the courts based on absurd existing judgment standards if this goes civil.

What kind of ****ing moron willingly stops their vehicle on train tracks, leaving behind another incapable of escaping it and the train about to hit it?

Oh, right...
Even still. There's a point at which you do something that is so stupid that even if it was unintentional it's basically wilful ignorance. If you drive a car, stop on train tracks and walk away from your car even if it was a "mistake" it's such an egregious error that you're basically a walking time bomb.

Someone with that little regard for their surroundings shouldn't be allowed to operate a toothbrush unsupervised, let alone a vehicle and firearm.

I didn’t read that she was supposedly “armed”, but that she was wearing “tactical gear”. As if that was any sort of reason to still shoot her.

Poor girl. :guilty:

Back