The amazing and cool photo thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,669 comments
  • 1,214,795 views
"Hi guys, Crabzilla here, just chilling in my tank with the Stingrays"

crabzilla1.jpg


Aw yeah, I met him today.

Did you shake hands when you met?
 
Did you shake hands when you met?

No, he was too busy bullying the other things in the tank. He was jabbing his claw in to a Stingray at one point. :lol:
 
4398918546_dee892058a_o.jpg


I wish I had a better picture, but the yellow spot above the road is the moon. It kind of took me by surprise when I came up the road and saw it just hanging right above the trees. It seemed HUGE when I looked at it too.
 
"Hi guys, Crabzilla here, just chilling in my tank with the Stingrays"

crabzilla1.jpg


Aw yeah, I met him today.

What the hell is that?! Did a spider mate with a crab?!
 
What the hell is that?! Did a spider mate with a crab?!

As Omnis said, it's a Spidercrab so you weren't that far off.
 
I wish I had a better picture, but the yellow spot above the road is the moon. It kind of took me by surprise when I came up the road and saw it just hanging right above the trees. It seemed HUGE when I looked at it too.

It's magnified by the Earth's atmosphere IIRC. You might also have noticed it was redder than usual, what with all the dust in the air. Maybe I'm talking tosh, but I seem to remember that being the case.
 
A selection of "Camera Toss" photos

71257761_e50b174979_o.jpg


2685591117_bf4ca312a7.jpg


2913428482_f0c358ae37_b.jpg


cameratoss.jpg


2703415944_3bf0b937d5.jpg
 
Different.
Reminds me of the Spirograph drawings from years ago that was so popular.
 
m78_torregrosa.jpg


APOD
M78 and Reflecting Dust Clouds in Orion
Credit & Copyright: Ignacio de la Cueva Torregrosa

Explanation:
An eerie blue glow and ominous columns of dark dust highlight M78 and other bright reflection nebula in the constellation of Orion. The dark filamentary dust not only absorbs light, but also reflects the light of several bright blue stars that formed recently in the nebula. Of the two reflection nebulas pictured above, the more famous nebula is M78, in the image center, while NGC 2071 can be seen to its lower left. The same type of scattering that colors the daytime sky further enhances the blue color. M78 is about five light-years across and visible through a small telescope. M78 appears above only as it was 1600 years ago, however, because that is how long it takes light to go from there to here. M78 belongs to the larger Orion Molecular Cloud Complex that contains the Great Nebula in Orion and the Horsehead Nebula.
 
Different.
Reminds me of the Spirograph drawings from years ago that was so popular.

The effect is created by setting exposure to 0.5 - 1 second and throwing the camera while pointing at some light sources. I've not tried it yet as I'd probably drop it!

Spirograph was virtually impossible to complete without any mistakes, etch a sketch was less frustrating :ouch:

@ Joey D: Indeed amazing and cool 👍
 
Not really a photo, but a pretty interesting image nonetheless, I think it'd make for a good painting/print design.

alone.jpg
 
That picture is awesome, its been my background on my desktop for a few days now.
 
^Is that a volcano or a really big bomb?
 
sunsetfromspacephoto.jpg


lasillapanoramafknormal.jpg
 
Nice^

I'm going to post some magnificent machines and go to sleep.
North_American_XB-70_in_Flight_EC68-2131.jpg

203_sr-71_afterburner.jpg

nimitz3.jpg

USS%20Nimitz.jpg

600-koenigsegg-span.jpg

(random koenigsegg for good measure, amazing colour)
B-2_Spirit_060810-F-6701P-004.jpg
 
I was about to ask what was so cool about a blurry picture of St. Louis until I scrolled down a bit more. 👍
 

Please tell me there is a bigger version of that. :)

Nice^

I'm going to post some magnificent machines and go to sleep.

Vehicular awesomeness

I see those things, and raise you something I've wanted to put in here for a while.

EKRANOPLANS!

ekranoplan.jpg



lun_03.jpg



842.jpeg



schall_024_-_cover-large.jpg



You can even get private ones these days.


aquaglide-ekranoplan-3-1024x768.jpg



Not a proper ekranoplan, but still pretty cool.

1541365.jpg
 
That B2 image is immense. :drool:

I have a thing for stealth planes. :dopey:

That and the exagerated picture size! Doesnt fit in my 26 inch LCD screen on my desktop:crazy:!
 
Not really a photo, but a pretty interesting image nonetheless, I think it'd make for a good painting/print design.

alone.jpg

McDonalds owns the Pacific AND Atlantic Oceans.
 
I know what the others are, but I believe the craft pictured is actually an amphibious jet. I can't find further info though.

Ah it appears you are correct:

Beriev A-40
 
Back