The Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo. Oh god...

• Thread starter C-ZETA
  • 315 comments
Corvette: Might do. Have one that's completely stock. Wanna test it on Sports Hards too since that's what it 'comes' on.

CTR2: Don't have

Veyron: Mine's fully modded and tuned, not wasting 2,000,000 for another which I won't be able to sell.

Obviously borrowing is an option for the last two if I can find friends with them...

Aye, I have a CTR2. But PSN is still down for HK, so try someone else's... :crazy:

It'll show off how good (or bad) PD's damage modelling is from car to car if you even crash ones you like.

Aye, I have a CTR2. But PSN is still down for HK, so try someone else's... :crazy:

How can it be possible that Japan, which forced Sony into checking for safety is up but not Hong Kong? I feel sorry for you. Want something in exchange?

How can it be possible that Japan, which forced Sony into checking for safety is up but not Hong Kong? I feel sorry for you. Want something in exchange?

lul, I use an HK account.

Something in exchange? I've been thinking of putting this car up online, but if you want one for a trade, off to my trade thread you go. :D

But if someone else has the CTR2 for you to use, and he's up online, just go with him, anyway we don't know when would PSN be up for HK.

For 🤬's sake Sony, I got almost 15 trades to complete and yet you aren't putting PSN up. :grumpy:

Something in exchange? I've been thinking of putting this car up online, but if you want one for a trade, off to my trade thread you go. :D

I already have. Speaking of your trade thread, the ISF Racing Concept is in a way a good rival to the S2000 GT1 Turbo. Only infinitely better. I bought the ISF RC just for the DTM race and fell in love with it after I drove it round the Ring. It wrecks that race. Although it doesn't like the GP/D as much :irked: I also now have an ABT TT-R and an R8 LMS, which might be good to use as well. Although the R8 LMS is a bit too much for any of them when stock. :indiff:

I already have. Speaking of your trade thread, the ISF Racing Concept is in a way a good rival to the S2000 GT1 Turbo. Only infinitely better. I bought the ISF RC just for the DTM race and fell in love with it after I drove it round the Ring. It wrecks that race. Although it doesn't like the GP/D as much :irked: I also now have an ABT TT-R and an R8 LMS, which might be good to use as well. Although the R8 LMS is a bit too much for any of them when stock. :indiff:

Me too mate, I'm loving the IS F Racing Concept. Currently Wangan-tuning one, but it won't even reach 350 km/h. :yuck:

Me too mate, I'm loving the IS F Racing Concept. Currently Wangan-tuning one, but it won't even reach 350 km/h. :yuck:

The RM would probably be a better option for Wangan I say. Or just a modded IS-F. In white so it looks like a police car :lol:

Also a quick note. You can reduce quotes down to the subject you're talking about only by just removing what you aren't talking about in the QUOTE tags. ;)

I guess I'm more used to these kinds of cars because I found it to be incredibly easy to drive. I also haven't found a car that the AI drives well, let alone unfairly.

I don't see why anyone would be mad at you though. XD It's just your opinion. =P

The RM would probably be a better option for Wangan I say. Or just a modded IS-F. In white so it looks like a police car :lol:

Lol, thanks for the recommendations. Gonna see later.

+1 👍

And just how good does that car sound! It's an animal. :cool:

It sounds good alright, but it's just a bit... generic. Most V8-powered race cars in GT5 have the same sound. It's just me though, and of course, there's nothing wrong with the sound itself.

Looks like this thread's become popular enough for me to do more reviews! I'll be making my thread at an unknown date, and I already have decided what cars I'm reviewing first. I won't spoil it for you...but they're all good cars. I'll still do negative reviews, but I'll decide which cars fit into that category for me before I test them out. I already have one make that fits the negative reviews for me. Which will cause even more of a stir than this review... :mischievous:

Firstly. Its looks. Seriously, I know PD designed the actual bodykit, but seriously...what is this?!

Superspeedway-Daytona_1-1-1.jpg

The front end looks like it's been on steroids (which is essentially what this car is - on steroids) and the rear end looks like parts added on to make it look like a square. And that wing...seriously, what the 🤬?! That wing is probably the size of Japan itself!

The interior doesn't help either. All it is is a jacked up S2000's interior...painted in a really annoying red. And when you try to look back in that view...you see the giant wing on the back blocking your way! Ridiculous!

So you haven't seen worse? Yeah right...:rolleyes:

Upsetting? I found it quite Amusing...

+1 :D

I like these ranting threads, especially the epic rage thread in the GT5 forum

Last edited:
hy•per•bo•le 
[hahy-pur-buh-lee]
–noun Rhetoric .
1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.

Clearly you regard the very existence of this car as a personal insult to you. Well, you certainly would like us to believe that you feel that way....

Just a couple of brief points. (I certainly don't have time to refute your entire review.)

First, this car is the only thing that makes some of the offline events even remotely interesting. If I choose a car in the same PP range as the AI on same tires I'm in the lead by the third turn. At least with this car in the field it takes me a few more turns to get to the lead. Given the abysmal driving of the AI they must wield a powerful car to make the contest even.

Second, throwing around the word noob doesn't make you sound more knowledgeable and experienced. Your knowledge and experience should speak for themselves. You will never elevate yourself by attempting to tear others down. If you don't like the car (and you are free to despise it with every fiber of your being) then by all means rant away. But you needn't throw labels on those who do like it.

And you'll be taken more seriously if you tone down the hyperbole a notch. Nobody believes it's the worst car in the game. Not even you believe that. It was so over the top and acerbic that it was a caricature.

And this is not a reactionary or ad homonym attack. It isn't any kind of attack at all. It isn't even about the GT1 Turbo really. Simply my review of your review.

The GT1 Turbo is a serious high performance vehicle, sure you could slap a better looking body kit on it but it definitely out performs the others that are more expensive and better looking. Talk about getting bang for your buck!!

I even overlooked this vehicle in GT4, so i fired up the PS2 and and took a little break from GT5. Although I could not tune it to the same performance as GT5 it was still fun!

The Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo is one of my favorite cars in GT5, way to go PD, you hit a grand slam with this one!

To the OP.. Different strokes for different folks, but you are in the minority on this one.

s2k2k3
hy•per•bo•le
[hahy-pur-buh-lee]
–noun Rhetoric .

Clearly you regard the very existence of this car as a personal insult to you. Well, you certainly would like us to believe that you feel that way....

Well at least some find the over-exaggeration a bit funny. But the truth is, I cannot find a single part of the car I like, which is why I bash everything about it so much.

Gix7Fifty
I even overlooked this vehicle in GT4, so i fired up the PS2 and and took a little break from GT5. Although I could not tune it to the same performance as GT5 it was still fun!

That's not the same car!! That's the standard version you're talking about, which is more controllable, less abused by the AI (as in it doesn't win every race you see it in) and only comes in 3 simple, classic colours.

Well at least some find the over-exaggeration a bit funny. But the truth is, I cannot find a single part of the car I like, which is why I bash everything about it so much.

Gentlemen, here is C-ZETA, the best candidate to be the 4th host of Top Gear. A round of applause please.

That's not the same car!! That's the standard version you're talking about, which is more controllable, less abused by the AI (as in it doesn't win every race you see it in) and only comes in 3 simple, classic colours.
Did you ever consider the car is genuinely faster than the other cars it races against? 💡
P.S. It gets owned by the Audi R8 race car in the Nurb 4 hr. :sly:

It's okay to not like any car, and I'll grant you some of your thoughts are legitimate, but the car is fast, and that's why the AI does so well with it.

Did you ever consider the car is genuinely faster than the other cars it races against? 💡
P.S. It gets owned by the Audi R8 race car in the Nurb 4 hr. :sly:

I knew that already, but when I drive it, I get nothing but understeer...and I didn't know about that, but the R8 LMS doesn't always show up of course, and the S2000 GT1 Turbo still wins.

And in the Tsukuba 9h the R8 LMS isn't present so the Amuse is pretty much unstoppable there. :grumpy:

I knew that already, but when I drive it, I get nothing but understeer...and I didn't know about that, but the R8 LMS doesn't always show up of course, and the S2000 GT1 Turbo still wins.

And in the Tsukuba 9h the R8 LMS isn't present so the Amuse is pretty much unstoppable there. :grumpy:
Well, the R8 dominates it on the Nurb, but not Tsukuba.
And understeer is what the AI drives best, you know this already if you've B-Spec'd more than a few levels. (39)

hy•per•bo•le 
[hahy-pur-buh-lee]
–noun Rhetoric .

...Nobody believes it's the worst car in the game. Not even you believe that. It was so over the top and acerbic that it was a caricature...

You seem confused... are you accepting his article as comedic exaggeration or are you picking at its factual basis?

Either way; you're perfectly entitled to disagree with his view but I'm not sure that you have any right to tell him what he should think.

And this is not a reactionary or ad homonym attack.

Do you mean ad hominem? It seems that your own post exhibits the same kind of logical fallacies!

Last edited:
Back