The Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo. Oh god...

• Thread starter C-ZETA
  • 315 comments
C-ZETA, take mine (It's shared & my PSN is: Rhinoafrica) for a spin & you may change your mind. :) It's a little gem. You just have to be awake when braking...

This car was an absolute beast in GT5p and it still is...I can easily get it around the ring in mid 6's with just ABS on 1. The handling is superb with the right touch and the oversteer is very managable. And for the sound, it's pretty accurate to a highly tuned Honda 4 cylinder. You're entitled to your opinion but you might wanna try it without TCS, and that was quite a lot of rage for such a nice car. Btw nice use of the word 'nooby'...it really added to the maturity 👍

I never drove it in GT5P myself but since the physics are more slippery I'd expect at least a little less understeer. Also I find that the car's oversteer slows it down because it sort of slides it to a little stop, but only if it's going slow enough. Otherwise it understates for me. I think 4 cylinder tuned Honda's are much less muted, such as the AEM S2000, the Integra RM, the standard S2000 GT1 etc. And I can guarantee that my driving style would probably kill me if I drove the S2000 GT1 Turbo with no aids but ABS. I always use TCS 1 to kill wheelspin in powerful cars like this. But do have your say on the car. Plus I stay entitled to my opinion on the car now.

C-ZETA, take mine (It's shared & my PSN is: Rhinoafrica) for a spin & you may change your mind. :) It's a little gem. You just have to be awake when braking...

I'll pass, thanks. I'm not trying a tune for it ever :D But what do you mean by me having to be awake when I'm braking? I'm always awake when driving :D

I just used this car to win all five races of the Tuned Car Championship. Damn! This car is fast! I loved the Amuse S2000 GT1 in GT4. This version of the S2000 GT1 in GT5 is just incredible... and it packs a turbo. Sick car. A few times, it was a bit tough to keep the car stable in tight corners. Otherwise, I got plenty of love for this car.

did u guy's realize the 2004 S2000 GT1 from GT4 is still in GT5 i just bought it yesterday and its great almost like it was in GT4 + the body kit looks way better even though it still bosts a soft top convertible which sleightly ruins the look it costs about 250,000 if u can find it and its making 560hp after the engine restore and stage 3 turbo the Amuse R1 is still mt fav though.

Here it is. Not the best lap by any means but still pretty fast. Ill get another one up after go faster.

Amuse S2000 GT1 - 6:58.219

Sports Hards, Stock car, ABS=1 all other aids off, Grip set to real

OP, it's an outstanding car. Not getting the most out of it, or any car for that matter, is a matter of Driver Error. Worst car it is not.

Maybe u need to learn to drive :)

I do know how to play this game. I use a DS3 as opposed to a wheel. I did have a Thrustmaster once but I simply was no good with it. In fact, I was horrible with it. I'll never get used to a wheel until I actually learn how to drive.

Upsetting? I found it quite Amusing...

Dito...i think u WANT this car to be bad, but its not! Get the settings right
and it stops to understeer and grips like hell! The sound: it revs up to 10'000 rpm, insane! No wonder it cannot sound like a musclecar!
There are cars built for fun and others arent, this one is for pure racefun!
neutral, fast, goodlooking (to me)...me and me friends make challenges where we tune the same car to the max, and this is one out of 5 cars that survived everything else! And we tried about 120 P-Cars...THIS CAR IS THE BEST IN GT5!!! (To me ;-))

Here it is. Not the best lap by any means but still pretty fast. Ill get another one up after go faster.

Amuse S2000 GT1 - 6:58.219

Sports Hards, Stock car, ABS=1 all other aids off, Grip set to real

OP, it's an outstanding car. Not getting the most out of it, or any car for that matter, is a matter of Driver Error. Worst car it is not.

That's an impressive lap on sports hard if you had TC and SRF off. I took a stock one for one lap with the same settings and ran a 6:48, then checked the tires and they were sports soft, LOL. I guess that's what it comes with new. Threw some hards on it and it was a different beast, very twitchy. Didn't feel like trying to tame it for an hour, but impressive lap. 👍

It's an awesome car, I've never modded or messed with any settings on mine other than brake balance and downforce. In 100% stock form, it's the best car in the game IMO.

Last edited:
Might we mention it actually exists in real life? Or maybe we did and I don't feel like reading eight pages?
AMtwins2k_1.jpg

This is one of my favorite cars. It's scary as hell to drive though. One of my favorite things about it is the quiet whistling noise in the background if you are in 1st person view. Absolutely amazing.

Might we mention it actually exists in real life? Or maybe we did and I don't feel like reading eight pages?
AMtwins2k_1.jpg

I did know that already, but if you check the description it says PD designed the body kit in co-operation with them.

WARNING! The following post contains excessive ranting and may almost certainly definitely surely must has to cause some upsetting with some people.

OK...I've had it. I have had it with this car. I can now finally come to the conclusion that perhaps the worst car in GT5 is this...

Superspeedway-Daytona-3-1.jpg

The Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo.

Now you may be thinking "What?! How is this super mega really fast thing the worst car in GT5 OMG OMG OMG". But actually, I have many, many reasons why I consider this to be the worst (or at least my least favourite) car in the game.

Firstly. Its looks. Seriously, I know PD designed the actual bodykit, but seriously...what is this?!

Superspeedway-Daytona_1-1-1.jpg

The front end looks like it's been on steroids (which is essentially what this car is - on steroids) and the rear end looks like parts added on to make it look like a square. And that wing...seriously, what the 🤬?! That wing is probably the size of Japan itself!

The interior doesn't help either. All it is is a jacked up S2000's interior...painted in a really annoying red. And when you try to look back in that view...you see the giant wing on the back blocking your way! Ridiculous!

Secondly, I'd like to bring you onto the most annoying part of this car. The way the AI performs with it. You heard that correctly, the way the AI performs with it.

There are 3 very good examples I rest my case on. Firstly, in Arcade Mode. You're looking for a good race by getting out a Super GT - any Super GT - and taking it to Daytona Superspeedway for a fast race. Unfortunately, the S2000 GT1 Turbo pops up and, since its top speed is higher, runs away from you laughing.

The second example is general Arcade Mode races. Say you wanna drive a Mine's Skyline around any track - any track, so you can have a good race with other equally matched tuners. But then the S2000 GT1 Turbo pops up - twice - and, since it destroys you in every aspect, it runs away from you laughing. Well, unless you're the Zonda R, but that's really out of place. :lol:

The last example is in the GT Mode events it appears in. That's the Tuning Car Championship, the Nurburging 4h and the Tsukuba 9h. If you're looking for a fair matchup in these events, and the S2000 GT1 Turbo pops up in any of them, expect it to stalk you around the track until you make a mistake and it runs away from you laughing.

...Yeah, the AI treats the S2000 GT1 Turbo like it's a god.

Thirdly, its stats and technology. This thing has 627hp, weighs 1120kg, has downforce, 7-speed gearbox (not adjustable from the start thankfully), and a fully customizable LSD and suspension to start. Essentially, this thing can win anything it enters in. How noobish.

Fourthly, its sound. What were Amuse thinking when they made the exhaust to the engine and what were PD thinking when they programmed in its sound? It sounds like a frog being tortured. And this thing probably could torture some frogs as well.

And lastly, but certainly not leastly, I have a tale to tell you. Which includes all different kinds of problems with this car.

I decided to somehow pluck up the courage to buy this car. It costs 250,000 Cr. Cheap, you say! Nooby, I say. Then you get to the colour selection. Who could possibly want this thing in Lime Green Metallic?! I bought mine in that colour anyway, as an insult to this car. With a gun to my head and my breath being held, I bought the car. I decided to get into it and test its engine sound. And when I did get into it, the engine sound was...

...laughable. Seriously, for a car with 600bhp+, I wouldn't expect such a weak engine sound. What it should sound like is the end of the world. Or a frog being tortured. Either way...

I checked the settings to find a rather unusual...lack of max downforce. It would only get to 20/45, which considering its looks is far too low. I didn't set it to the max downforce so I could test it in its completely stock form.

I decided to customize the car at GT Auto, and I painted it in a terrible Gold Metallic to represent its slag-like looks. I also bought new wheels to make it look...golder. Yep.

And so, I took it for a test on the Nurburgring GP/F circuit. At first, I tested it with the default settings that you would start the game with - TCS 5, ASM and SRF On, ABS 1 and Steering Sensitivity 0. I had heard people say that the handling on this car was very good. However, I was testing it stock (Sports Softs), so I didn't know what to expect. And what I did get was...

...understeer. Not a whole lot, but understeer none the less. However, on some turns, when the understeer was occuring, it would suddenly start steering dramaticaly and then just stopping. It was essentially, not good handling.

After that, I went and tried it with my preferred settings, TCS 1, ABS 1, everything else off and Steering Sensitivity to 7. And then it got worse.

Instead of understeer, I got drifting, which was absolutely uncontrollable and ended with me in a wall. When I wasn't drifting...I was still understeering. Then when I came out of the corner I got wheelspin and it drifted out of the corner. Essentially, what this made it was a ricer with ridiculous looks, ridiculous modifications, ridiculous handling and ridiculous, unnecessary amounts of power.

So, essentially I had confirmed what I had already thought of - the S2000 GT1 Turbo is the worst car in the game.

However, there was still one thing left to do...

Superspeedway-Daytona_2-1-1.jpg

...this. :)

Superspeedway-Daytona_3-1-1.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_4-1-1.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_5-1.jpg

Hope you enjoy playing your GT5 game, and hope you don't enjoy using this horrid-looking frog-sounding bad-handling over-powered AI-worshipped 🤬 of a car. Unless you're the GT5 AI. In which case I hope you enjoy winning all the time against our wishes.

Peace.

C-ZETA

PS. Sorry to any mods if this broke any rules. Feel free to edit post, close thread or ban me where necessary. ;)

Me gusta el carro

Wow, a funny and very well written... erm... what should I call it?
1. Its a troll... this post has generated 9 pages of comments. Its a troll post.
2. Its a very good review... it was very well written.

Don't hate the car, hate the driver.

...Nope, I haven't mustered enough hate to hate myself. :indiff:

Wow, a funny and very well written... erm... what should I call it?
1. Its a troll... this post has generated 9 pages of comments. Its a troll post.
2. Its a very good review... it was very well written.

It's not a troll, it's a rant. Trolling is just saying BS, ranting is saying about something you think is BS.

I love the car! Mines is in black with black wheels, so it looks like death following you around. :P

My CR-Z's like that as well :) It's like the Spoon, only so much better :D

That's an impressive lap on sports hard if you had TC and SRF off. I took a stock one for one lap with the same settings and ran a 6:48, then checked the tires and they were sports soft, LOL. I guess that's what it comes with new. Threw some hards on it and it was a different beast, very twitchy. Didn't feel like trying to tame it for an hour, but impressive lap. 👍

It's an awesome car, I've never modded or messed with any settings on mine other than brake balance and downforce. In 100% stock form, it's the best car in the game IMO.

Thanks. I never race with anything other than ABS = 1. NO need :D I believe its capable of 56's with a really clean lap. If not for the moment I had at Wehrseifen, I would have been in the 57's for sure.

Neocodex
Ugly rear view, ugly interior. Very fast car and handles very well.
Id use it more if it wasnt so bloody ugly.

I don't think it's ugly, I think it's rather angry and scary looking. My opinion lol.

...Nope, I haven't mustered enough hate to hate myself. :indiff:

Impossible! :lol:

Anyway, that car chewed me up and spat me out right after I got it, but I learned to harness it over time.

It's one of those cars that needs to learn your habits as well I guess.

Reported that post...

I will agree that the S2000 Turbo is a troll sometimes but I think its still pound for pound better value than most other tuners.

I just bought the GT1 '04 car from the UCD. :sly:

Thats a different car, and not as ridiculous as the one CZETA is reviewing, which is the Premium. The standards are still very fast though.

Reported that post...

I will agree that the S2000 Turbo is a troll sometimes but I think its still pound for pound better value than most other tuners.

Wait a minute, what did I miss? Damn thread revivals always getting in the way :lol:

Thats a different car, and not as ridiculous as the one CZETA is reviewing, which is the Premium. The standards are still very fast though.

Indeed. Keep in mind the GT1 is a far more sensible entity for me. Apparently though, it's still impossible to reach in GT5 standards (that's tuning a normal S2000 to such specs, which I don't think is possible...)

Back