• 8,912 comments
13501106245_463c51c41f_b.jpg

13501194563_da637170a9_b.jpg

13501194453_0bbe23606f_b.jpg

13501187753_1591bd66be_b.jpg

13501180713_05b3ab3268_b.jpg

13501169633_4302055574_b.jpg

13501090865_b31b8a77c2_b.jpg

Still think something is missing in the environmental effects, but the overcast mod does help it out!

Thanks! Haven't checked with the in-game tools so far, but it feels like constant 60 frames.
Everything as high as possible, or via the highest nVidia settings.

I want to make a benchmark soon, a full field, last place and the fps counter switched on.

EDIT: I made a fps limit of 60 by the way, because my monitor has only 60Hz.

EDIT²: In a 24 car grid on Silverstone it drops to 25 at the start and up to ~50 while racing.
That's according to Bandicam's FPS counter, dunno how accurate that is,
it feels smoother than that.

EDIT³: When I'm driving on my own it's not dropping under 60 at all, not even to 59.

Last edited:
It looks kinda of dull compared to other games, maybe that's just me.

I see exactly what I see when I'm on a track. I don't see golfball sized marbles, sun flares, light streaks, warp drive motion blur, etc. It's very bland compared to some of the prettier options out there, but it's very real. It's strong point is certainly not photo mode.

It's very bland compared to some of the prettier options out there, but it's very real. It's strong point is certainly not photo mode.

I agree. It may not have the kind of graphics to melt your eyeballs, but the game does a fantastic job of immersing you into the experience and really captures the soul and feeling of being at a race track while you're playing, or even watching a replay.

it's funny how AC did a decent job with shaders on cars from Netkar pro but still retained the same netkar old tech graphics for the track, look at pCARS ultra realistic kerbs and track details associated with good lighting shaders and backed AO.. and and you really measure the differences...

13701872475_7bdc066185_c.jpg juRt45bu7kxSW.jpg Screenshot18448.jpg

Its really nice indeed to see pcar having great graphics. But IMO it still retains that shift game look. Even GT6 and its old graphics engine looks real in photo mode. AC on the other hand might not have the best graphics, but it has the best graphics as a hardcore sim in comparison to iracing. But we never know what Kunos is up to. They can probably up the graphics if they want to. But IMO, i prefer the real look of AC and it's laser scanned track.

Last edited:
I really hope they don't start adding all the fake visuals to AC. Lens flare looks cool and all, but I dont want to see it while Im racing. Save all your fake ass lens effects for people who like doing the replay thing, leave it out of the racing part of the game.

Nobody talk about fake effects, just what a modern graphic engine is supposed to do in 2014: AO, Better shaders, better lighting, more realistic looking.... AC tracks despite the accuracy of the laser scan are graphically really boring, lifeless and still look like a GAME, not reality, which is a bit detrimental to the full sensitive immersion. Like if all the budget and time was for the scan only.

Really boring? I have to disagree, but then it's preference. You either like it or hate it. Real life looks boring too, so I guess that's about right. :lol:

Nobody talk about fake effects, just what a modern graphic engine is supposed to do in 2014: AO, Better shaders, better lighting, more realistic looking.... AC tracks despite the accuracy of the laser scan are graphically really boring, lifeless and still look like a GAME, not reality, which is a bit detrimental to the full sensitive immersion. Like if all the budget and time was for the scan only.
Dude27, AC is a game that is most appreciated in practice, ie actually driving. I personally find that accurate physics and how that translates to the wheel via FFB is what makes a sim have immersion.

You guys are taking great photos, keep it up. I really enjoy lurking this thread. :cheers:

For me, it's the whole package that is important: graphics, sounds must be on par with great physics for the full immersive experience, ATM AC just have 1 of 3 in my book. For example I love to fly in war thunder (as a real private pilot): it gives me a really good impression of flying with great weather/reflections/shadows effects and superb graphics at all altitudes that is very immersive for me, it's not just physics... I can't stand RF2 for example... great physics, dinosaur's graphics...

I also love the way they begin to introduce moving and vibrating parts (bonnet, interior pieces) in cockpit in pCARS, just like reality, your car is a dynamic environment that rumble/shake/vibrate when on the edge of it's capabilities... I would love to see that in other simulator like AC or RRE...

it's funny how AC did a decent job with shaders on cars from Netkar pro but still retained the same netkar old tech graphics for the track, look at pCARS ultra realistic kerbs and track details associated with good lighting shaders and backed AO.. and and you really measure the differences...

View attachment 138632 View attachment 138633 View attachment 138634
Look at the almost 100 people more working at SMS compared to Kunos.
By the way, while driving, I actually find Assetto Corsa more natural looking most of the times.
pCARS looks fake and cartoony in some areas (trees especially) and things like the motion blur have a lot of noise.
We'll see the real difference once both games are actually released, but so far I'd say they both have ups and downs.

Back