The best GT5 cars according to stormbringer!

No prob. I should say the Ferrari f1s are a blast to drive. Much more fun than the FGT. It's nice to have em lying around, albeit useless as you already know.

i don't know...
i think that MINOLTA Toyota deserves better ratings.
MINOLTA is a faster and better car than Sauber i'm sure of that.

No prob. I should say the Ferrari f1s are a blast to drive. Much more fun than the FGT. It's nice to have em lying around, albeit useless as you already know.

Yeah, your right.
The Ferrari F1are more enjoyable because they're premium so you could enjoy at the good graphics.

i don't know...
i think that MINOLTA Toyota deserves better ratings.
MINOLTA is a faster and better car than Sauber i'm sure of that.

for me, the sauber is king.
The minolta is great, i dont think ive given her a bad comment anywhere.
For me, the minolta has a moody performance. Sometimes unbelievable, sometimes unpredictable. Definitely in my top 5 racers though.

Could I race my friend in his Gran Turismo F1 on line with it? and would i be faster?

Hmm, ive never taken the ferraris online since i rarely see a F1 room.
They have the option online for ferrari f1 only races. doubt the FGT will be allowed in there. But im not entirely sure. hoping im wrong.

i can say the fgt will be faster in a straight line....and if driven well around the corners it will probably beat the ferraris.

But the thing with the ferraris is that you can drive them much more agressively. The fgt is a tougher car to handle, twitchy and easy to make mistakes in. the fgt driver will mess up eventually or take corners with more caution. The ferraris have a clear advantage here...and in a race, cornering makes all the difference. unless your racing in daytona.

Thanks Again, I posted on the marketplace about a level 24 tickets so hopefully i might get some luck there. I'd really like one of those bad boys. Cheers

I did test all Group C cars and I can say that 88C-V is way faster than C9 (by 1 second on HSR).
Top 5 fastest cars in GT5 (from my testing):
X2010
FGT
F2007
F2010
Minolta

Haven't tested GT-One yet, it's the only can which may beat the 88C-V.

the minolta did give me my fastest sarthe lap. No denying its a great car, just less stable than the sauber. you might get a good lap here and there with the minolta...the sauby is much more consistent

i have an idea. A public poll compilation for "best car" in different categories. Ive edited in details in my first post. check it out. Give me some feedback :)

Edit....looks like there's no interest in a poll compilation...Oh well..

Last edited:
i have an idea. A public poll compilation for "best car" in different categories. Ive edited in details in my first post. check it out. Give me some feedback :)

Edit....looks like there's no interest in a poll compilation...Oh well..

storm, the problem with a poll is if enough people take the time to test three or four cars in a given category, 99% will come to the same conclusions you have. The other 1% will be those that are just stuck on a certain make or model and could neer be swayed.

storm, the problem with a poll is if enough people take the time to test three or four cars in a given category, 99% will come to the same conclusions you have. The other 1% will be those that are just stuck on a certain make or model and could neer be swayed.

I think it would've been nice to have a compilation of polls, I enjoy reading what popular consensus is. Maybe in the future sometime

The LFA is #9 worst buy? other than that i agree with your list

I was pretty disappointed with that car. Was expecting it to be kick ass. Other than it's sound, it really doesn't have any positives. The ISF RM or the wedsport lexus are much better cars anyday.

I was pretty disappointed with that car. Was expecting it to be kick ass. Other than it's sound, it really doesn't have any positives. The ISF RM or the wedsport lexus are much better cars anyday.

Yeah I agree, performance wise the LFA is not too impressive, but driving experience wise it has pretty nice sound sound (maybe the best sounding engine in GT5's meager sounds) and dash, so I use it for some of the endurance runs where I want to enjoy the drive but not necessarily be the fastest.

Hi there ! What fantastic thread ! I think it's the first i have read when I discovered this forum.

Don't you mind if I do something similar with classic cars ? I'va made - in my way - this sort of comparaison for all pre 70's cars.
But maybe that's allready exist on GTPlanet ?

Hey Storm, Have you got a chance to test out the Corvette C5-R? I just picked up one from UCD and this thing is amazing straight out of the box. The only thing that I've done to it was change oil and some racing softs and managed 1:04's on Eifel Super Car seasonal. I'm not the greatest driver but it was a lot easier to drive then my ZR1 RM but not as fast. I cannot compare times to the ZR1 because I didn't get in one clean lap with it.

The Corvette C5-R is great. It handles much better than I expected. But it's not too fast. Both the Zonda LM, the Oreca Viper and ZR1 RM are faster in the same class.

Recommended anyway from me ;) It's a GT classic and it's still great.

I do have the vette. Haven't driven it yet. Soon hopefully. Have about 15 - 20 more cars I've yet to add. So hopefully in the next update.

I have used this page as a reference to collecting all the LMP cars, great stuff. The only let down car so far was the Sauber, and that was mainly cos of the engine noise, shocking.

Back