The best GT5 cars according to stormbringer!

stormbringer, I'm just curious, but without all of the mods how fast are your laptimes with the LMP's on Sarthe?

I prefer to keep all of my cars stock unless I get a second one to upgrade.

That and if GT5 ever gets a spot in something like ESL or WCG, then I'm pretty sure they would force stock cars. No tuning either. That's what WCG did for Forza.

man, never noted down any stock LMP lap times plus i rarely drive on sarthe. still that would be an interesting statistic to know. Maybe, if i can find the time, i'll try to find out.

I enjoy tuning my cars up. would hate forced restrictions on tuning etc

Just took a NASCAR around Sarthe in arcade time trial. Even with no chicanes, it can't keep up with an LMP on Sarthe w/ chicanes.

That was just for the heck of it. Man, I don't think I'm ever going to do those NASCAR events. :crazy:

The Ferrari 330P feels more like a tuned race car (easier to drive) and the Ford Mark IV sounds better and is more of a handful so I prefer it.

Depending on the car, Hofstee, it should be around 3.30 and 3.20 (and of course your skill too :))

That's cool. So my times are right on track. :D
I have a crap wheel but I manage to get around mid 3:30.xxx with the R8 '05. :dopey:

From what I've noticed, the CLK-LM, Speed 8, and C60 Hybride all understeer a bit then oversteer near the end. :indiff:

The Speed 8 is amazing with the right setup. And I don't like that you put the CLK-LM in the same boat as the other two, because they are not in the same class :)

Just noticed this.

10)-Pescarolo C60peugeot-3:12:899--------368-------9
11)-Pescarolo Judd GV5----3:12:369--------387-------8.5
12)-Nissan----R92C---------3:12:392--------390-------9

in the LMP tests.

It should be changed to this:

10)-Pescarolo Judd GV5----3:12:369--------387-------8.5
11)-Pescarolo C60peugeot-3:12:899--------368-------9

R92CP never actually competed in the Le Mans series. It did compete in the Japan Sports Prototype Championship and the Super GT (when it was the JGCT) in the prototype category. It was one of two prototypes that were entered... so... yeah.

Technically isn't an LMP and it has been banned from the Le Mans Online Racing Series by Gojet-64 on the PlayStation boards, but oddly enough not from the one here on GTP.

Do you think you're going to test a Bentley Speed 8 on Sarthe soon?

EDIT: @bombe I know the CLK-LM isn't in the same class as the other two. It was a GT1 car :P I just had got one from the OCD and wanted to test it out with the LMP's. It ended up being around 10 or so seconds slower but I just wanted to point out that it oversteered as well.

EDIT 2: Why is the R8 '01 banned in the GTP Le Mans series? And I realize why the R92CP isn't banned from that series as well now rereading the regulations.

Last edited:
Just noticed this.

10)-Pescarolo C60peugeot-3:12:899--------368-------9
11)-Pescarolo Judd GV5----3:12:369--------387-------8.5
12)-Nissan----R92C---------3:12:392--------390-------9

in the LMP tests.

It should be changed to this:

10)-Pescarolo Judd GV5----3:12:369--------387-------8.5
11)-Pescarolo C60peugeot-3:12:899--------368-------9

Do you think you're going to test a Bentley Speed 8 on Sarthe soon?

Good eye mate 👍 fixed.
I cant believe i overlooked the bentley there. Will add her soon. thanks.

Last edited:
new

BMW M3 GTR
Aston vanquish 04
Mazda RX8 Concept LM
Mazda RX7 LM
TRD celica sports M
Jaguar E-type coupe

Some one requested a BMW M3 CSL some time ago? I dont have one but I'll look for it in the ucd.

Im looking for the nissan GT-R academy version. I lost mine, will trade for it.

new

BMW M3 GTR
Aston vanquish 04
Mazda RX8 Concept LM
Mazda RX7 LM
TRD celica sports M
Jaguar E-type coupe

Some one requested a BMW M3 CSL some time ago? I dont have one but I'll look for it in the ucd.

Im looking for the nissan GT-R academy version. I lost mine, will trade for it.

That's one of the cars I sent you a long time ago ;)

If you've got what it takes, gold the S licenses (pretty easy after one of the updates) and it's yours and completely "legal" - and brand new. Otherwise I'm sure 95% of people in the marketplace have got it as it's kind of a special car.

That's one of the cars I sent you a long time ago ;)

If you've got what it takes, gold the S licenses (pretty easy after one of the updates) and it's yours and completely "legal" - and brand new. Otherwise I'm sure 95% of people in the marketplace have got it as it's kind of a special car.

i lost it with a bunch of other cars when my save file got zero'ed. luckily had a older save file in my usb. might try to get it "legally" since im in no hurry to get it.

Do you think you're going to test the Esperante?:drool:

Okay now that youtube thing got really glitchy... There we go!

cool vdo. ya will test the panoz in the next update.

Storm, i just bagged this today "Honda NSX-R prototype LM road car (Amazing car! amazing grip, will let you corner anything easy. Must have!)" Cant believe I never got it before, what a truly AMAZING motor, you are so right.

Cant agree with the SL55 i think it is fun to drive and not heavy at all one of my faves. Cars like SL65 and SL600 are heavy. Also the F430 looks cool and is a load of fun to drive but agree with the SP1 thats a piece of ****.

New

Mercedes SL500
Mitsubishi lancer super rally
Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 rally
Ford RS200 rally
Viper GTSR concept
Honda NSX-R LM proto RC

Rally cars added to deep forest Tarmac test aswell.

Cant agree with the SL55 i think it is fun to drive and not heavy at all one of my faves. Cars like SL65 and SL600 are heavy. Also the F430 looks cool and is a load of fun to drive but agree with the SP1 thats a piece of ****.

I'll try out the SL55 again. The f430 wasn't all that great, i don't see it beating the scud or italia or even the California.

Today I felt like painting one of my mclarens chrome. So I checked my paints list and amazingly i don't have a single chrome paint and just 2 matte colors. Matte pink was one of em lol.

I must have pretty bad paint luck, :( my garage is up to over 500 hundred cars, have 800 or so paints, but I never got rewarded a chrome or a cool matte color.

stormbringer
Today I felt like painting one of my mclarens chrome. So I checked my paints list and amazingly i don't have a single chrome paint and just 2 matte colors. Matte pink was one of em lol.

I must have pretty bad paint luck, :( my garage is up to over 500 hundred cars, have 800 or so paints, but I never got rewarded a chrome or a cool matte color.

Send a PSN FR over and I'll happily send you your colours of choice over when I get in from work.

Looking forward to your results. Gentleman's bet that it beats the YellowHat Supra you have tied at 34.

cheers,
Ty

Yep, it'll beat it. Odds: 1.50, place your bets ;)

I do not own the Honda Race car yet, but the Supra is not too fast and the LMs are in general faster than the Super GT, especially when modded.

finally got a result for you guys. It beat the supra by almost a sec.

Back