The best GT5 cars according to stormbringer!

If your looking to collect, then sure, its good to have it in ones garage.
There are better LMPs out there so if youre on a budget id point you towards the R8'01, sauber or 787b as better choices.

Get it, with the ferrari sarthe seasonal event you can make your cash back in half an hour 👍

If your looking to collect, then sure, its good to have it in ones garage.
There are better LMPs out there so if youre on a budget id point you towards the R8'01, sauber or 787b as better choices.

Get it, with the ferrari sarthe seasonal event you can make your cash back in half an hour 👍

Storm... why do you think the 787B is better? In my experience it's way, way behind the Bentley. The Mazda is not really a player at the top end, from what I've seen....

The first LMP that i bought was the Nissan R89C and the Bentley is not that great compared to it and it cost almost twice as much :grumpy:

Depends on how you compare them. If your Nissan has 1000+ bhp it's no surprise the Bentley can't follow it. But with the right setup, the Bentley is a pure luxury machine.

Storm... why do you think the 787B is better? In my experience it's way, way behind the Bentley. The Mazda is not really a player at the top end, from what I've seen....

imo a bentley, 787b race would be pretty competitive. They both have similar stats, the mazda has a slightly lower w/p ratio. i do feel the 787b lacks a little in speed.

I dont think the bentley is way better than the 787b. The mazda is a solid handling car, one of my fave drives, imo better/easier handling than the bentley, maybe just a little bit slower. The bentley is great too, i just dont think the mazda lacks in anything but top speed.

What qualities do you think make the bentley way better?

The first LMP that i bought was the Nissan R89C and the Bentley is not that great compared to it and it cost almost twice as much :grumpy:

Depends on how you compare them. If your Nissan has 1000+ bhp it's no surprise the Bentley can't follow it. But with the right setup, the Bentley is a pure luxury machine.

The R89C, i think it has about 800ish hp without the turbo and weighs exactly the same as the bentley (860hp fully modded 900kg)...

In theory a fully modded bentley would be pretty competitive with an unmodded R89C, still the bentley definitely handles better.

im actually doing this as well ahaha (ill post it in a few weeks)
im doing by classes though
so you will know the best cars in each class

imo a bentley, 787b race would be pretty competitive. They both have similar stats, the mazda has a slightly lower w/p ratio. i do feel the 787b lacks a little in speed.

I dont think the bentley is way better than the 787b. The mazda is a solid handling car, one of my fave drives, imo better/easier handling than the bentley, maybe just a little bit slower. The bentley is great too, i just dont think the mazda lacks in anything but top speed.

What qualities do you think make the bentley way better?

I suppose when all is said and done it's what suits your own driving style best?

I think the Bentley is the better of the two because it is faster round the corners, for me at least. I find the Mazda doesn't have the same amount of steering lock, which means going slower or running wide.

A little while back, I did some "out of the box" testing with my Racers. I didn't mod them in any way, just raced them as bought (with an oil change, of course!). I did stick slicks on them all! The Mazda didn't make the top 10 on either the Indy (I know, it's not really a good measure of a car) or Trial Mountain (which I think is a great test track).

The Bentley wasn't top either, but it's up there in the top 5 or 6 (or thereabouts).

The Audis (R8 01 and R8 05), the Toyota One, the Nissan 92, the Sauber and the Bentley were the ones mixing it up there. And the time separating them was not much.

The Mazda, as an example, was nearly 3 seconds slower than the Bentley around Trial Mountain.

The above is with me driving though, and others will get different results, I'm sure.

PS... forgot to mention, I don't have the Nissan 89 or the Jag LM yet, nor the Judd.... so still more to do!

Last edited:
I don't think the 787b is slow around the corners at all, if anything I feel it's much more forgiving than the bentley. I tend to drive her more aggressively.
With the bentley I'm usually a little cautious coming out of corners, that 2nd, 3rd gear can be a doozy.

kinda motivated to test em side by side now, my memory is a little hazy about the bentley since I don't drive it much. Maybe I'll take em both to Tokyo or sarthe.

I don't think the 787b is slow around the corners at all, if anything I feel it's much more forgiving than the bentley. I tend to drive her more aggressively.
With the bentley I'm usually a little cautious coming out of corners, that 2nd, 3rd gear can be a doozy.

kinda motivated to test em side by side now, my memory is a little hazy about the bentley since I don't drive it much. Maybe I'll take em both to Tokyo or sarthe.

I might be being a bit unfair on the 787. I tried it a couple of times, used it for my tests, then put it back in the garage because it didn't suit me so much. I have driven the Bentley a lot, and got really used to it. That may be where the differences lie!

Looking forward to your tests!

Interesting Storm that you use Tokyo. I test everything round that track, if it goes well round there, it will go well on every track. In my tests the Mazda is slightly quicker than the Bentley, not a lot in it and could go another way on any given day.

Tokyo is a great track to gauge high speed cornering and lateral grip. Those high speed curves and twists are ideal for that. Still my fave for this is deep forest. It has a lot more difference in elevation. The small bumps and jumps force the cars to struggle for grip.

I feel Tokyo is a better testing track for the faster LM, lmps and f1 cars. Deep forest for everything else.

Haven't had time to do the test yet. Had to move my tv ps3 etc, finding a good setup for my wheel is proving to be a prob. Will get to it soon though. 👍

Haven't had time to do the test yet. Had to move my tv ps3 etc, finding a good setup for my wheel is proving to be a prob. Will get to it soon though. 👍

Looking forward to the results, Storm!

I tried a few cars on Deep Forest. I left them "as is" rather than souped them up. I was way off the times you've posted..... respect!

Oh my lap times arnt anything great, Im sure you can easily match or beat em once you soup up your car. I used to get quite a few "I can easily beat your lap times" messages until I put up that note at the end of the first post.

i dunna either, most of your times are rather quick. Anyways, i bought the Audi ABT 02 touring and that is one AMAZiNG car, got it tuned right and love it, one of my instant favs.

stormbringer, i read your post a while back. I printed it out and used it to fill my garage. The best post i ever read anywhere on the web. Thanks a lot.

Too bad you fully tuned the cars.
It upsets the balance in them and kinda ruins the concept of the test.
Still, well done.

stormbringer, i read your post a while back. I printed it out and used it to fill my garage. The best post i ever read anywhere on the web. Thanks a lot.

Glad to hear it helped 👍:)

Too bad you fully tuned the cars.
It upsets the balance in them and kinda ruins the concept of the test.
Still, well done.

It doesnt ruin anything. The concept IS maxmods. Which is one of many aspects you can judge your cars by.

I'll say this, fully modding makes the cars much more exciting and exaggerates their inherent tendencies, which in turn means they are at their most extreme/difficult. For me it's a good criteria for testing and let's my curiosity rest..once I drive a car I'm always wondering how the car would be if I mod it.

Glad to hear it helped 👍:)

It doesnt ruin anything. The concept IS maxmods. Which is one of many aspects you can judge your cars by.

I'll say this, fully modding makes the cars much more exciting and exaggerates their inherent tendencies, which in turn means they are at their most extreme/difficult. For me it's a good criteria for testing and let's my curiosity rest..once I drive a car I'm always wondering how the car would be if I mod it.

Enough of the banter!:)

Did you manage to take the Bentley for a spin? If you did, and still aren't that impressed, I'd love to know. It means I will have to mod up and get used to the 787B.

Apologies for the wait, seadog. I've just been super lazy after work. Bought a cool lazy boy chair for gaming, and my wheel table no longer fits. So I have to break out the welding machine and increase the dimensions. Which is going to be a bit of work.

Apart from that my little bro is always on the ps3 playing cod, so I barely get anytime nowadays. Will hopefully try to get it sorted this weekend.

Apologies for the wait, seadog. I've just been super lazy after work. Bought a cool lazy boy chair for gaming, and my wheel table no longer fits. So I have to break out the welding machine and increase the dimensions. Which is going to be a bit of work.

Apart from that my little bro is always on the ps3 playing cod, so I barely get anytime nowadays. Will hopefully try to get it sorted this weekend.

Oh man you share the PS3? That`s bad. Tell your bro to get his own :)

Back